Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Diretide

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Diretide 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dr.D » October 31, 2012 4:59am | Report
Blog Post

Diretide

October 30, 2012

Candy! Greevils! Treats! 50 foot tall tricksters! We are not responsible for any loss of sleep caused by nightmares now that the Diretide is here!

Not only you will be able to play a brand new game mode inside Dota 2 but you'll also find that the regular Dota 2 map suddenly got spookier! Also, check out this sweet video.

This is our first seasonal event and as always we would love to hear what you think.

Happy Haunting!

Dr.D
<Formatting Wizard>

Memorable (80)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wilddeonpwn » October 31, 2012 5:02am | Report
Finally someone posts this, gj. Candy mode is fun as hell

wilddeonpwn

Established (102)
Steam: wilddeonpwn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » October 31, 2012 5:33am | Report
What is candy mode?

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 31, 2012 6:13am | Report
Atlas wrote:

What is candy mode?

An user said this on YouTube :

- Race with other team to have the most candy to win a prize
- Roshan will come out and collect a candy from a random hero, if it's not given candy then roshan will hunt and kill that hero
- They have time to collect candy,so better be fast before it ended
- After that time, roshan will come to your bucket candy and eat it all
- Then, you will be given 16k coins to buy things and team up with other team to defeat roshan together
* It's not the usual roshan, so good luck
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » October 31, 2012 11:12am | Report
Wisp is so op in diretide. other from that this gamemode is so fun i hope it becomes permanent.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
Steam: BaconBorn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Whated » October 31, 2012 11:42am | Report
Meepo is OP. He is level 25 while others 15. Hopefully they do something to fix this op **** with the new aghanims it's even more imba.
If the day should ever come when we must go, if some day we are compelled to leave the scene of history, we will slam the door so hard that the universe will shake and mankind will stand back in stupefaction.
Joseph Goebbels

Whated

Notable (12)
Steam: Whated
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 31, 2012 11:50am | Report
SuperNova wrote:

Wisp is so op in diretide. other from that this gamemode is so fun i hope it becomes permanent.

There was a similar thing in Team Fortress 2 last year, and it remained permanent, so I guess diretide will also be permanent.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by StevenLK » October 31, 2012 2:15pm | Report
I do hope so. But I feel like the amount of items it gives and stuff is a little too much. I got 6 rares and 2 mythicals and 3-4 commons....in about 6 games or so I dont remember. And yeah Meepo is too damn strong with 5 hearts and an aghs >_>

StevenLK

Notable (10)
Steam: LSK.exe
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RossenX » November 2, 2012 7:15am | Report
I don't think diretide will stay permanent, not the way it is right now anyway. Because it gives WAY TOO MANY ITEMS. Not that I'm complaining, because i got a ****-load of rares and pretty sweet items, but it would not be logical for valve to keep it on all the time.
I hope that they keep a similar game-mode, but of course not using candy or Halloween theme.

But this was a really nice change of pace from the usual Dota gamemode, fun as **** and adds a whole new element to the game.

RossenX

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » November 2, 2012 7:19am | Report
The event will last until 12 November.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved