Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Announcing The Frankfurt Major

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Announcing The Frankfurt Major 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 23, 2015 12:54pm | Report

Announcing The Frankfurt Major

September 23, 2015 - Dota Team

Over the last five years, The International has become the pinnacle moment for the world of professional Dota. Now the excitement of the biggest event in esports is coming to the Majors, a series of seasonal marquee tournaments, which will take place throughout the year and around the globe. Dota’s newest tradition begins this fall with the Frankfurt Major.

The first Dota Major will take place over six days at Festhalle Messe in Frankfurt, Germany from November 16 through the 21st. It will feature 16 teams all competing at the main event for a total prize pool of $3,000,000, and will be produced by ESL.

Attendance to the Frankfurt Major will be open to the public and will not require a ticket for any day except for the day of the finals, which will take place on Saturday, November 21st. Tickets to the Frankfurt Major Finals will be sold in two separate waves this Sunday, September 27, the first at 11:00am CEST and the last at 7:00pm CEST. Each ticket will cost €50, and will be available here.

The teams that will be directly invited to the Frankfurt Major and its Regional Qualifiers will be revealed on October 5th. The Open Qualifiers will be hosted by FaceIt and Perfect World and will take place October 6 – 9, with the Regional Qualifiers occurring October 10 – 13. Open Qualifier registration will open to any Dota players who wish to compete on October 1st.

In other Dota news, we are doing some work on the underlying map rendering tech for the desert map terrain in order to make sure it is built in a compatible way for future iterations. Our first longform comic, which will come with the release of the Axe Immortal, is going to be much bigger than our previous comics.

Over the coming weeks we’ll be working on UI improvements based on the feedback we’ve received and releasing our first seasonal Compendium. You can also expect to see the 6.85 game balance update later this week.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » September 23, 2015 1:40pm | Report
If only I lived in Germany :(

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » September 23, 2015 1:45pm | Report
Later this week! So that's the 26th at latest right?

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » September 23, 2015 3:27pm | Report
Oh I can't wait to see the back of Storm Spirit for a while...
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Califocus » September 23, 2015 3:56pm | Report
Awesome 6.85 on my birthday!

Califocus

Notable (1)
Steam: Rubick^3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » September 23, 2015 4:33pm | Report
My god, FrozenAmphibian, release 6.85 so we can stop ****posting our copypastas.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » September 23, 2015 6:49pm | Report
apaz wrote:

****posting our copypastas.

Terrorblade
-Base HP regen reduced to 0.5.1
-Strength gain increased to 1.6.
-Base Agility increased to 24.
-Sunder removed.
-Reflection reverted to its old form.
Terrorblade summons a dark reflection of all enemy Heroes in the area, which slow them and deal damage.
Range: 300
Area: 500
Slow: 20%/25%/30%/35%
Duration: 5
Outgoing damage: 45%/55%/65%/75%
Cooldown: 22/18/14/10
-Metamorphosis is now his ultimate, granting 50/70/90 bonus damage and lasting for 50/55/60 seconds. No longer reduces Terrorblade's speed. While in Metamorphosis form, Terrorblade gains the Demonic Leap sub-ability.
Demonic Leap: The Marauder pounces at his target, leaping towards them. Terrorblade's illusions within 250 range of him will also perform the leap. Range: 800 Leap Distance: 500/600/700 Cooldown: 15/11/7
-New passive: Zeal. Increases Terrorblade's attack speed by 20/30/40/50 and his HP regen by 2/3/4/5. This applies to illusions.
-Conjure Image damage dealt reduced to 25%/35%/45%/55%. Damage taken reduced to 350%.
-Added an Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for Terrorblade. While under Metamorphosis, illusions of Terrorblade take 150% less damage. Metamorphosis base attack time improved to 1.45, and reduces the duration of disables on Terrorblade by 50%.

ICEFROOOOOOG
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » September 23, 2015 7:30pm | Report
Terathiel wrote:

Terrorblade
-Base HP regen reduced to 0.5.1
-Strength gain increased to 1.6.
-Base Agility increased to 24.
-Sunder removed.
-Reflection reverted to its old form.
Terrorblade summons a dark reflection of all enemy Heroes in the area, which slow them and deal damage.
Range: 300
Area: 500
Slow: 20%/25%/30%/35%
Duration: 5
Outgoing damage: 45%/55%/65%/75%
Cooldown: 22/18/14/10
-Metamorphosis is now his ultimate, granting 50/70/90 bonus damage and lasting for 50/55/60 seconds. No longer reduces Terrorblade's speed. While in Metamorphosis form, Terrorblade gains the Demonic Leap sub-ability.
Demonic Leap: The Marauder pounces at his target, leaping towards them. Terrorblade's illusions within 250 range of him will also perform the leap. Range: 800 Leap Distance: 500/600/700 Cooldown: 15/11/7
-New passive: Zeal. Increases Terrorblade's attack speed by 20/30/40/50 and his HP regen by 2/3/4/5. This applies to illusions.
-Conjure Image damage dealt reduced to 25%/35%/45%/55%. Damage taken reduced to 350%.
-Added an Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for Terrorblade. While under Metamorphosis, illusions of Terrorblade take 150% less damage. Metamorphosis base attack time improved to 1.45, and reduces the duration of disables on Terrorblade by 50%.

ICEFROOOOOOG

I love the aghs, but zeal used to be so boring, and the new reflection is waaaaay better than the old one earlier on.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » September 23, 2015 8:10pm | Report
Terablade, stahp.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » September 23, 2015 8:12pm | Report
It's become a meme now hasn't it?

Good.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved