Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking for Teacher for SF and Other Heroes.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Looking for Teacher for SF and Other Heroes. 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HighestHand » June 26, 2015 7:39pm | Report
Hey guys, I just want to say I'm really grateful if you're reading this.

Introduction: (Skip if you want)
I started playing Dota 1 when it first came out and have been playing a lot throughout its life. After Dota 2 started, I really wanted to play, but my computer was always really ****py so I just play Dota 1. 2 Years ago, my computer was utterly destroyed from overheat (It shut down as I was trying to play Dota 2 and it never started up again). I didn't have enough money at the time to buy a new computer so my girlfriend buys me.... A MACBOOK. As you can see, I had no way to play anything, so I started to save up to buy my own desk top. I have finally saved enough money to build an excellent computer about 3 days ago on June 22nd, and finally got my casual Dota 2 career started. I am now finally able to play an upgraded version of the game I love.

Skill level and What I am Looking For:
I am below average with a majority of the heroes. I am average to a little above average for some heroes like Puck. My favorite hero is Shadow Fiend, but I am below average to average, maybe a little above average in some games with him. I am looking for someone with 3.5K+ MMR or pretty skilled to mentor me on SF as well as just general game knowledge.

I have played about 15-20 games on my old steam account before I just started a new account just to get a correct MMR. So far, I have 5 games on the new account, for a total of 25-ish games. I can show both accounts on DotaBuff if you want to look at it.

Anyway, I once again thank you for taking your time to read and consider mentoring me. Otherwise, Have Fun Dota-ing

EDIT:

Dotabuff link is here for future references:
https://www.dotabuff.com/players/243408625/matches

EDITT:

Preferred server : US East
Time: -5GMT (EST)
Mode of payment: Hugs if wanted.

HighestHand

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » June 26, 2015 8:14pm | Report
Dotabuff link please.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. From what I see you're perfectly adequate.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HighestHand » June 26, 2015 9:01pm | Report
Thanks, but I would like to be more than adequate. I would like to get to the high skill level or above.

And although I did well for the first five games, I can't help but to think that I was playing with really low skilled players.

And then I just lose the next three.

HighestHand

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 27, 2015 2:08am | Report
You say you have 25 games?

That's basically nothing - unless you mean with SF the Hero, in which case it's still nothing. I have that many, and I'm a relentless filthy TB picker.

Hate to be that guy, but practice makes perfect. Just play, play, play.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HighestHand » June 27, 2015 3:35am | Report
Yes but with someone to correct my mistakes and tell me what to do, I'd progress much much faster. And I mean 25 games total since I built my computer.

HighestHand

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » June 27, 2015 5:17am | Report
i would be happy to walk you through your mistakes, but beware, I nitpick so hard it will start to hurt.But believe me, it'll help.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HighestHand » June 27, 2015 5:40am | Report
I would love to have you coach me, I checked out your Dotabuff, and I'm curious, do you usually play support? I would also like to learn some support too.

HighestHand

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » June 27, 2015 7:18am | Report
I can give you a few quick tips about most of the heroes, don't really have time to coach you through an entire game.
About SF, looking at your dotabuff games, most of the games you won you had about 300-400 last hits in 45-60 min games, which is okay.
If you aren't doing this, push out the mid lane at about xx:40, go to the jungle and stack your large camp.
Blink isn't always the best option, if the enemy has a lot of DOT dmg and heroes that can cancel your blink from a huge distance. If you are snowballing silver edge is a great option and will let you snowball even more by 2-3 shotting supports.
The most popular item that pro SF's buy is mekanism. However, in pubs it's hard to organise early pushes with the mek, so I only recommend that one if your team 100% agrees on early pushes.
In lane, especially vs meele heroes try to go for a kill. At lvl 7-8 the 3 shadowraze combo does insane dmg. It's harder to pull of on a ranged hero but if they are out of position kill them.
And for last is something you probably already do but w/e. If you start chanelling your requim, but enemies get away, you can always stop it with the stop key (for me it's S).

Not much of a SF player but I hope you can use some of these.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » June 27, 2015 10:25am | Report
Do check this out, if u haven't already.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » June 27, 2015 10:50am | Report
HighestHand wrote:

I would love to have you coach me, I checked out your Dotabuff, and I'm curious, do you usually play support? I would also like to learn some support too.

I love supporting! I don't get the chance to support often (since my stack requires me to go mid/offlane/safelane carry), but i do know how to support.

Also, you should edit this into your original post :
  • Preferred server :
  • Time (IST or GST or whatever)
  • Mode of payment (i'm joking)

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved