Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Looking for some higher skill coaching

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Looking for some higher skill coaching 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » June 28, 2014 3:50am | Report
Hi everyone, Most people around here know me but anyway let me introduce myself

I have been playing dota for a fair amount of time now, I have a good knowledge of all the heroes and a working ability with all of them, I calibrated my mmr when I was well...**** and calibrated at 1K. I have played a lot of matches since then and have started playing more ranked matches again. I am finding myself winning quite a majority but I am still losing some and I think I could improve my play quite a lot. Any help is appreciated and it doesn't need to be to serious, I do require you have a mic because typing really doesn't work when coaching.

I did play some dota 1 when I played warcraft but I wasn't very fond of it and only played about 2 hours of it.

My problem is I find unranked matches to easy and ranked matches your team is worse than unranked so I want to try and get to a point where my team is of a similar skill level to me
Info:
  • Steam Name: Fleet
  • Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fleetau/
  • MMR: about 1.5K and slowly rising
  • Servers: I am from Australia so that's my best server however I can play on US WEST and US EAST at a bearable 200-300 ping
  • Dotabuff: http://dotabuff.com/players/83151576 (yes guys invoker winrate is bad, I started off with him when I first played dota, bad idea and now I don't play him so much as I am more interested in learning other heroes, having said that After a lot of practice and watching videos I'm a pretty good invoker.)

I am currently spending...well a lot of time on dota, about 10am-5pm with breaks becuase its the holidays here, normally however I spend about an hour a day and about 5 on weekends

Time Zone is GMT 10+ im pretty sure, Australia anyway

Basically put I am tired of lina buying a skull basher and then feeding, so yah....

If anyone wants to help please feel free to add me even for a casual game, The experience of playing with other better players is sure to teach me

On a side note about he dotauff I do have quite a few more games than indicated, some offline and I did sign in to dotabuff a fair while after I started.

Thanks In advance

Sorry sando, forgive me :3
edit: me being an idiot
edit2: added more info
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » June 28, 2014 4:29am | Report
I could, but I find playing more fun than coaching, maybe some other time.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » June 28, 2014 5:01am | Report
FleetAU wrote:

and if your here to give me sh** and say I am where I should be when every game I do far better than my team mates then f*** you and shutup.

Dude, this is unnecessary in a friendly forum, please edit it out.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » June 28, 2014 6:24am | Report
whoa fleet calm down.
play with us

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 28, 2014 6:35am | Report
Sando wrote:

Agreed.

Fyi, my advice is "give up on Solo, it suuuuucks!", so I won't go away or shut up. 8{3

Ranked Party/Team Matchmaking is much better ( Mirana + Ancient Apparition + Rubick Aggressive Tri-Lanes ftw! 8{D )

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » June 28, 2014 7:04am | Report
It would be useful if you would tell us how many games you've played, on which server you are playing, what roles do you prefer, in each timezone you are (when do you play). Maybe a link to DotaBUFF.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » June 28, 2014 4:26pm | Report
Sando wrote:

Okok sorry, that really was kinda my bad, I have had some people have a go at me is all and it kinda annoys me. sorry sando :S

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » June 28, 2014 4:38pm | Report

I could, but I find playing more fun than coaching, maybe some other time.

I would be perfectly happy to just play a couple of games with you, add me :)

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » June 28, 2014 4:41pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Ranked Party/Team Matchmaking is much better ( Mirana + Ancient Apparition + Rubick Aggressive Tri-Lanes ftw! 8{D )

Xyrus, Mirana + Ancient Apparition + Naga Siren aggressive tri-lane is way better ={3

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 29, 2014 2:15am | Report
FleetAU wrote:

Xyrus, Mirana + Ancient Apparition + Naga Siren aggressive tri-lane is way better ={3

Not really...

First of all, Ensnare can't always guarantee Sacred Arrow to land, as you can still use abilities like Pounce, Geomagnetic Grip, etc. and it only lasts 2 seconds at lvl1. Telekenesis is much better because it throws enemies towards you.

Since you get Kills with the 450 Damage that Ancient Appartion puts on 3 Ranged Heroes, positioning is the most important ingredient for early Kills with AA.

I do however accept the following as legitimate replacements for Rubick:-

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved