Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Juggernaut Help

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Juggernaut Help 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » February 10, 2015 2:36pm | Report
So I've played 5 straight Jugg games(I don't really know why... I just did it). In every game, despite some farming mistakes and some deaths that didn't need to happen, I'm getting the items I want and we are getting the objectives we want, all 5 are wins(again, how this happens, I really don't know).

But in all 5 of those, I keep feeling like when it comes to teamfight time, I'm just not cutting it. It just feels like I don't have as much impact as I should for the farm I have. I'm getting one or two kills when with the items I have I think it should be 3-4.

So, here's my dotabuff(http://www.dotabuff.com/players/124362591) and if any of you are kind enough to look at those games and see what I've done wrong, it would be greatly appreciated. If you want replays, IDK how to do that so you'll have to enlighten me.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » February 10, 2015 6:28pm | Report
Probably the choice of items. I'm looking at the last game you played, and there was...

Diffusal Blade, Mask of Madness, Yasha and Aghanim's Scepter

Are you playing JuggerCrit or JuggerNuke?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » February 10, 2015 6:32pm | Report
Last game I played was definitely a mix. I was most worried about the medusa, so I didnt want to go full right click because stonegaze could stop me pretty hard. So my progression was Mom-Aghs-Diffusal-Yasha. The aghs and diffusal were to counter medusa, everything else was for rightclicks
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 10, 2015 7:14pm | Report
The point of JuggerCrit is that you can Farm up and be a relevant threat faster than a Hard Carry, while still being strong later in the game (if it goes that far). It has a similar style to Anti-Mage, you can fight early, run around the map Split-Pushing, Farming all the while (you won't Farm as fast as AM though).

The Mask of Madness is mostly a Farming Item, combined with Blade Dance, Quelling Blade and Stats, you can clear Jungle Camps quite quickly. Buying a Yasha straight afterwards gives you plenty of Mobility too, further increasing your Ability to Farm without effecting your presence in fights too much.

If you choose to pick up an Aghanim's Scepter instead of a Yasha after Mask of Madness, then you need to start making those Omnislashes count straight away. Always use it as soon as it comes off Cooldown and use the resulting Kills to Force Pushes. You won't have as much Farm going this route, so you need to end the game within 20 mins of picking up the Aghs. If you *need* a Diffusal Blade to get Kills with your Ult, then you're in for a rough time, because your window of opportunity just got smaller. There are a lot of Items that make Omnislash less effective: Ghost Scepter, Eul's Scepter of Divinity, Linken's Sphere, Crimson Guard, etc. and if your Teammates can't lock Heroes down due to Black King Bars that makes it even easier for thos withEscape mechanisms to thwart you.

Before deciding whether to go Aghanim's Scepter instead of Yasha], weigh up the other Team an consider just how easy it would be for them to punish you for relying on [[Omnislash. You may find it better to reserve Omni and focus on Mobility and Farming so that you can be relevant in fights without Omnislash, using it opportunistically instead.

Jugg is a versatile Hero, don't try to limit yourself to relying on Omnislash.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JaboChepelski » February 11, 2015 7:15am | Report
I probably would've skipped the Aghs in that last game. If you wanted to deal with the medusas mana that's understandable, but you also had a PA on your team with diffusal blade, which should have been enough for dealing with her. If you coordinated with your PA well, you could've gone for a manta or straight into an abyssal blade (depending on your farm). The Dusa didn't have a linkens yet, which one of your supports could've broken for you, and you could just stun her, let PA rip her mana down and she wouldn't have been able to do anything. You also have a Sky which could have nuked her down during that stun. I wouldn't have really even worried so much about her that game, her farm was on par with your Zeus. Either way, with the build you went, just spend time making sure your team has good vision and do your best to catch supports (or carries) who get out of position and punish them with omni, then force pushes.

JaboChepelski

Steam: [☭Comrade☭] JabØ Chepelsk

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved