Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Invoker Mentor

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Invoker Mentor 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » August 26, 2012 4:54pm | Report
Hello Dotafire community,

My name, as most of you know, is Glayde. I have around 200 hours of Dota on steam, and have played LoL for about 8 months. I currently really enjoy playing solo mid (nukers, people who use spells to kill you, like Lina). I really want to learn how to play Invoker, and I am seeking a mentor who can help me. My steam is Zephyr, and you can email me at [email protected] (I was 6 when I made this, don't laugh :3) Also, I am willing to use Skype, Ventrilo, etc. to communicate.

Thanks,

Glayde

Note: I may not be on for most of September, as Iwant to focus on my schoolwork and get a good starting grade. I should be more active around October though. I wanted to send this thread out ahead of time, just so you guys have time to think and prepare if you wanna mentor me. Thanks again. :)

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WannaBeP » September 5, 2012 10:04pm | Report
Just remember all the combo moves for Invoker. I don't remember by heart like I use to, but maybe you will know what i'm talking about. I am a former classic DotA player and use to play professionally. I use to main Meepo and Invoker. League of Legends kinda has brainwashed me at the moment and the switch feels all too new again just like it was from classic DotA. Anyways please correct me if I am wrong...

Meteor and Def Blast [qqw + qwe]
EMP and Tornado [www + wwe]
Lava Summon and AS+AD Buff [qqe + eeq]
Cold Snap + AS+AD Buff [eew + eeq]

That is the common list of combo used for invoker for based situations. For the ultimate combo you want to start off with Tornado and EMP with your opener then have the quick combo switch to Meteor and Def Blast for that heavy burst. Hope this helps you. and I hope those combos are what I remember them to be, back in classic dota... it's been like 2 years lol

WannaBeP

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » September 8, 2012 3:24pm | Report
The combos are different now, but thanks for the help!

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by temetnosce » September 10, 2012 12:01pm | Report
Commented on your steam profile with my skype. Hope I can be of help, Invoker is easily my favorite hero.

temetnosce

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Melderv » October 14, 2012 10:26am | Report
Oh hey it's October now and I'm adding you up on Steam.

Melderv

Steam: Melderv
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 15, 2012 8:47am | Report
Invoker! I could use Invoker training as well.

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mdn90 » October 15, 2012 9:49am | Report
Invoker is easily the hardest hero to play in the game. Been playing dota2 for about 10 months now. Ive gotten decent, can play pretty much any hero.. But Invoker just scares me. Ive seen videos of people playing amazing invokers. Just take this week's top10. Or take any of dendi's games.. I know I would probably fail miserably as invoker, so I never play him. Gonna put it off for another half a year or so. I will practice it with bots, though.

mdn90

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xenasis » October 15, 2012 10:13am | Report
Quoted:

Invoker is easily the hardest hero to play in the game.

I'd disagree, actually.

Invoker's not amazingly difficult to play at a base level. Anyone can run around with Deafening Blast and Chaos Meteor and dish out damage late game. True skill comes from correct use of every single spell at the perfect time. He's relatively medium difficulty to play as a cap or base, but his skill ceiling is absurdly high.

Meepo is someone I'd put as the hardest. Without doubt.

Xenasis

Notable (11)
Steam: Xenasis
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mdn90 » October 15, 2012 10:50am | Report
Xenasis wrote:

I'd disagree, actually.

Invoker's not amazingly difficult to play at a base level. Anyone can run around with Deafening Blast and Chaos Meteor and dish out damage late game. True skill comes from correct use of every single spell at the perfect time. He's relatively medium difficulty to play as a cap or base, but his skill ceiling is absurdly high.

Meepo is someone I'd put as the hardest. Without doubt.

Meepo has two active skills that you have to manage and micro between 5 (with aghanims) meepos. which can be done by cycling through your meepos by clicking tab.
Meepo doesnt have as much potential though, as Invoker does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAM_hs_bLZ8&feature=g-all-u
Look at that invoker highlight. How many spells did he manage to cast? Would you be able to do that in a situation where you had to go "OH SHT OH SHT OH SHT"?

mdn90

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » October 16, 2012 9:05am | Report
Meeeeeeepo!!!!!!!!!! is so so so so fun to kill!

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved