Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Finding Players (Club DOTA)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Matchmaking » Finding Players (Club DOTA) 27 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » December 26, 2011 5:38pm | Report
Hey everyone,

I, like many of you, become discouraged after playing in public games simply because you are forced onto a team where you do not know their play-style or skill. Club DOTA is a Steam group that is meant for grabbing players for a premade that have some established skill. This will allow you to grab members for the group to fill premade slots and guarantee at least a good game. The group is set on invite only, in which any member can invite friends or acquaintances that they see to be at least decent enough to not drag a whole team down. Obviously with this feature there can and most likely will be a few members that come in who are not worthy in skill to be drafted into temporary premades; however, there will be a report system and we will use Ranks (when DOTA 2 launches) as well as screenshots to show some sort of credibility. I created Club DOTA because I know how annoying and frustrating it is when you get really horrid players on your team that bring down the decent and good players.The following is a link to the group it was just created the other day although the idea had been in my head for some time.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/clubdota

I'd love some feedback whether you think this group is a good idea, bad idea awesome/lame. All criticism is welcome. Also for those interested I do need several trusted group moderators!

If you are reading this and want to join PLEASE SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST ON STEAM

Steam ID: clockwork_iv

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » December 26, 2011 6:03pm | Report
Invite me.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Plasmodium » December 26, 2011 6:27pm | Report
Yeah I'm in maybe we can locate another team for the tourney
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Plasmodium

Notable (13)
Steam: RetrtoTvirus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » December 26, 2011 6:30pm | Report
It's brand new so I'll try to recruit members quickly and a team could possibly be drafted from it.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I like SOCKS » January 22, 2012 2:51pm | Report
Once i get better i might want to join the club but who knows when that will happen....
Forever alone playing DOTA...

I like SOCKS

Steam: Equinox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HamSandwich » January 22, 2012 4:17pm | Report
You're probably good enough to join right now.

HamSandwich

Remarkable (34)
Steam: HamSandwich
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kumquat » January 22, 2012 7:11pm | Report
HamSandwich wrote:

You're probably good enough to join right now.

QFT.

Invite.

kumquat

Notable (15)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Whated » January 24, 2012 12:52am | Report
If I could have an invite... I'm getting better and better...
If the day should ever come when we must go, if some day we are compelled to leave the scene of history, we will slam the door so hard that the universe will shake and mankind will stand back in stupefaction.
Joseph Goebbels

Whated

Notable (12)
Steam: Whated
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by keezy88 » February 7, 2012 6:16am | Report
Hey,

This is kind of exactly what I was looking for. I don't necessarily want to be in a clan, but I want to be able to play with people I'm familiar with that I can know their play-style.

I've been playing MOBA games for a little less than a year now, mostly HoN. Got my DOTA2 key right before christmas and have been playing it almost exclusively. I like to watch competitive Shoutcasts to view different strategies for heroes.

I've been randoming lately, but I tend to do a little better with support heroes. My top right now are Omniknight and Witch Doctor.

If I could get an invite that would be awesome. My Steam tag is 'Keezy'

Looking forward to playing with you guys.

keezy88

Steam: Keezy
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HamSandwich » February 7, 2012 7:11am | Report
Omni isn't really a support hero.

HamSandwich

Remarkable (34)
Steam: HamSandwich

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved