Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Zerus, The Primal Beast

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Zerus, The Primal Beast 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 11, 2014 5:03pm | Report

Zerus, The Primal Beast

Dire Agility
"Your essence shall be mine!"

Base health

: 549

Base mana

: 273

Base damage

: 56

Base armor

: 3

Movement speed

: 285

Attacks per second

: 0.71

Base attack time

: 1.7

Range

: Melee

Vision range

: 1800/800

Strength

: 64.2 (21 +1.8)

Agility

Intelligence

Lore: I'm unsure of what the lore should be...

Q: Evolve
Type: Toggle
Affects: Self
Evolves into 1 of 3 different forms, the Behemoth, Raptor or Septic, each with a different primary attribute (strength, agility and intelligence respectively). Each form receives a passive skill and gets a bonus to its primary attribute. While evolving, the Primal Beast loses all bonuses from his previous form and is unable to attack or use any skills, but can still move. The Primal Beast starts out in Raptor form.
- 0.5 second evolution time
- +3/6/9/12 primary stat bonus
- 20/10/5/3 second cooldown

Behemoth

Raptor

Septic

Q (Q): Evolve
Enables the Primal Beast to transform into a Behemoth, Raptor or Septic when in the Raptor, Septic and Behemoth form, respectively.

Q (W): Evolve
Enables the Primal Beast to transform into a Behemoth, Raptor or Septic when in the Septic, Behemoth or Raptor form, respectively.

Notes

W: Inherent Traits
Unlocks the Primal Beast's inner power. This skill varies between forms.

Behemoth

Raptor

Septic

Zerus's genetic advantage becomes increasingly apparent in battle.

Notes:

E: Predatory Advance
The Primal Beast enters the battle with a different method for each form, each sharing the same cooldown.

Behemoth

Raptor

Septic

As an advanced predator, Zerus has many ways of closing the gap between him and his prey.

Notes:

R: Evolution Attack
This skill changes depending on the Primal Beast's form. Unlike his other skills, the different abilities for each form shares no cooldown.

Behemoth

Raptor

Spitter

The adaptations of the Primal Beast prove strong in the hunt as well as in combat

Notes:

This hero is based on the Primal Zerg in SC2: HotS, and the way it adapts to survive and kill. It's really, really hard to balance, so there might be a few glitches in there that I have not fixed yet. Please leave some feedback on this idea :)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BabySauce » January 12, 2014 6:13am | Report
Yeah I don't know how balanced it is but it's a great concept.

BabySauce

Steam: Baby Sauce
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 12, 2014 6:30am | Report
Thanks, and if anyone else can point out any imbalances I'll be happy to change it.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » January 12, 2014 8:40am | Report
I just came here to say I love the concept.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » January 14, 2014 1:02am | Report
dude this is actually an awesome idea ...

a few mechanic issues like the primary attribute? will the amount change as well?
say
str:40
agl:60 (primary)
itel:40

when u assimilate does your primary attribute amount swap? or will it just accrue the +6? but stay the same as it was before the swap?

also i love the idea of the three forms, its like brewmasters ulti in a way. i think the only thing i don't know about is the neutral creep thing i mean i know there all over the map but if i had to find one to change that would limit my usefulness since if i wanted to get the full potential out of the hero i would have to be near or within range of neutral creeps?...

or can you just target an enemy hero and use their primary attribute? the animation would sorta be like lions mana drain make it a 2 sec change as primal beast senses the opponents strengths and adapts to them.
maybe the assimilate should work as a slow of 50% for 2 seconds and at the end of it primal beast is now in a new form?

i love this idea but the versatility of the hero would mean you could change strategy's on the fly... love it

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 14, 2014 7:53am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

dude this is actually an awesome idea ...

a few mechanic issues like the primary attribute? will the amount change as well?
say
str:40
agl:60 (primary)
itel:40

when u assimilate does your primary attribute amount swap? or will it just accrue the +6? but stay the same as it was before the swap?

also i love the idea of the three forms, its like brewmasters ulti in a way. i think the only thing i don't know about is the neutral creep thing i mean i know there all over the map but if i had to find one to change that would limit my usefulness since if i wanted to get the full potential out of the hero i would have to be near or within range of neutral creeps?...

or can you just target an enemy hero and use their primary attribute? the animation would sorta be like lions mana drain make it a 2 sec change as primal beast senses the opponents strengths and adapts to them.
maybe the assimilate should work as a slow of 50% for 2 seconds and at the end of it primal beast is now in a new form?

i love this idea but the versatility of the hero would mean you could change strategy's on the fly... love it

When you use Assimilation, it steals some of your target's primary attribute, and when you switch forms, the stolen stats go into the new primary attribute.

I think of animation of Assimilation more like Brain Sap, actually. Like sucking something out of the target, and when you absorb it the short animation of the transformation will start.

The reason why I added the ability to use Assimilation on jungle creeps is simple. Without it, if your opponent has strength and intelligence heroes only, then you cannot go into agility form at all, and your chances of winning may decrease (especially since the agility form MIGHT be the key to winning in the first place). If you can use it on jungle creeps, it will also give the option of changing form without the enemy's notice, so that you can catch them off guard with a different form that they are unprepared for. The downside of using Assimilation on neutrals is that using it on heroes gives you the additional attribute boost, so if you have a choice whether to is it on a hero or a neutral, Assimilate the hero.

Glad that you like the concept :)

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CobraJD » January 14, 2014 1:26pm | Report
Hey Porygon

Awesome idea as always!

I was think that instead of having Assimilate, it could be a toggled ability called 'Evolve' or something, that would work similarly to power treads. (Pressing would cycle through Strength,Agility,Intelligence with no cool-down).

This would make it not so fumbly in team-fights, and stop the need for having to search out creeps in the jungle. The attribute gain from using Assimilate is not really that beneficial, so simply having a skill that can change your form to give you the attribute gain without having to 'Assimilate' someone, like Troll Warlord's first skill. His early game would consist of harassing and last hitting with Septic, using Raptor during ganks for damage, and Behemoth to survive ganks.

Also, instead of him completely metamorphosing into a whole new animal, which could look kinda weird, he should have a default model that adapts to his selected form. So raptor, green spines would grow out of his spine, and his claws would get bigger. Behemoth would make bony reddish brown callouses on his skin, and maybe give him a large horn, and septic would make him thinner with blue glowing areas on his body, making his front limbs drip with green venom.

For example..

This is what i had in mind for him as default, before he levels the skill, with none of the above adaptations. Though i understand this picture is quite abstract and unusual so you may not like it...

His ulti could have a few nerfs so on their own they are average-weak spells, but keep separate cool-downs meaning he can do a variety of different things to make up for it. Basically, instead of him getting an ultimate, he gets three more skills. The manacosts might need to be lowered as well.

PS: About Ziklash - I have done some work on him, but I am struggling to find inspiration. The main reason is probably because I keep on getting distracted by other small projects, all the whole trying to learn how to use Unity, and to get better at 3D modelling. I'll keep at it, and should have something presentable to you - eventually D:

CobraJD

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 14, 2014 11:28pm | Report
CobraJD wrote:

Hey Porygon

Awesome idea as always!

I was think that instead of having Assimilate, it could be a toggled ability called 'Evolve' or something, that would work similarly to power treads. (Pressing would cycle through Strength,Agility,Intelligence with no cool-down).

This would make it not so fumbly in team-fights, and stop the need for having to search out creeps in the jungle. The attribute gain from using Assimilate is not really that beneficial, so simply having a skill that can change your form to give you the attribute gain without having to 'Assimilate' someone, like Troll Warlord's first skill. His early game would consist of harassing and last hitting with Septic, using Raptor during ganks for damage, and Behemoth to survive ganks.

Also, instead of him completely metamorphosing into a whole new animal, which could look kinda weird, he should have a default model that adapts to his selected form. So raptor, green spines would grow out of his spine, and his claws would get bigger. Behemoth would make bony reddish brown callouses on his skin, and maybe give him a large horn, and septic would make him thinner with blue glowing areas on his body, making his front limbs drip with green venom.

For example..

This is what i had in mind for him as default, before he levels the skill, with none of the above adaptations. Though i understand this picture is quite abstract and unusual so you may not like it...

His ulti could have a few nerfs so on their own they are average-weak spells, but keep separate cool-downs meaning he can do a variety of different things to make up for it. Basically, instead of him getting an ultimate, he gets three more skills. The manacosts might need to be lowered as well.

PS: About Ziklash - I have done some work on him, but I am struggling to find inspiration. The main reason is probably because I keep on getting distracted by other small projects, all the whole trying to learn how to use Unity, and to get better at 3D modelling. I'll keep at it, and should have something presentable to you - eventually D:

I was thinking to make Zerus's evolution ability exactly what you suggested, but then I switched to Assimilation for God-knows-why. I think I will replace Assimilation with Evolve to make him more flexible in dealing with enemies, even without neutral creeps.

Q: Evolve
Type: Toggle
Affects: Self
Evolves into 1 of 3 different forms, the Behemoth, Raptor or Septic, each with a different primary attribute (strength, agility and intelligence respectively). Each form receives a passive skill and gets a bonus to its primary attribute. While evolving, the Primal Beast loses all bonuses from his previous form and is unable to attack or use any skills, but can still move. The Primal Beast starts out in Raptor form.
- 0.5 second evolution time
- +3/6/9/12 primary stat bonus
- 20/10/5/3 second cooldown

Behemoth

Raptor

Septic

Q (Q): Evolve
Enables the Primal Beast to transform into a Behemoth, Raptor or Septic when in the Raptor, Septic and Behemoth form, respectively.

Q (W): Evolve
Enables the Primal Beast to transform into a Behemoth, Raptor or Septic when in the Septic, Behemoth or Raptor form, respectively.

Notes

Notice that I put a cooldown on this skill. This is because I think excessive cycling really makes the hero a little unrealistic and a little annoying early game. There are 2 subskills in Evolve that will allow you to change into either one of the other forms as well without much hassle.

And of course he won't morph into a whole new animal when evolving, he modifies most of his physical structure, but maintains the whole look of the Primal Beast. Coincidentally, the picture that you sent me is almost what I have in mind for him (except the head, its kinda creepy lol). But I still want him to start out in a pre-existing form (i.e. Raptor).

The damage and mana cost of the ultimate is lowered, while the cooldown is raised by 10 seconds.

Thanks for the feedback :)

P.S Its nice to see a 3D model, though actually a 2D drawing is enough haha

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kendriick » February 15, 2014 4:31pm | Report
very unbalanced hero with too many skills, ultimate is 3 skills 2nd spell also and only third spell shares cooldown. I saw plenty of effects dealing damage and/or DoTs if you come in one form throw your hate than change form do it again and change form and again it's too much I think. I think the hero should only have 1 skill with an alternate effect depending on the form and maybe his ult could reset evolve's cooldown so that you can still enjoy a reflex and fast cast based hero.

Kendriick

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » February 16, 2014 12:26am | Report
Kendriick wrote:

very unbalanced hero with too many skills, ultimate is 3 skills 2nd spell also and only third spell shares cooldown. I saw plenty of effects dealing damage and/or DoTs if you come in one form throw your hate than change form do it again and change form and again it's too much I think. I think the hero should only have 1 skill with an alternate effect depending on the form and maybe his ult could reset evolve's cooldown so that you can still enjoy a reflex and fast cast based hero.

Agreed with your suggestion, but it will take a while to come up with a new ultimate, so you'll have to wait :)

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved