Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Xilixilyl the Cosmic Crawler (Bringing Lovecraft into Dota)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Xilixilyl the Cosmic Crawler (Bringing Lovecraft into Dota) 17 posts - page 2 of 2

Poll Question:

How does this hero concept fit into Dota 2?
Too similar to existing heroes
One or 2 abilities need to be changed
Fits in just fine
Thematically does not fit
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 5, 2015 12:15am | Report
I can't stop updating this hero, even when there is no reader interest. (because a new hero idea is too hard right now). Also, when I first made the hero, near the end of the Pushing Meta, he was a lot weaker. Now his implementation into the Turtle Meta may be overpowered.

Well, I added a second Gamma Twist, which lets him control both of his side effects of his first two skills.

Cosmic Bind and Foolish Whisper are now stronger against creeps later in the game, mowing down their health massively, to emphasize the defensive nature of the hero and improve his base defense abilities.

Nerfed the movespeed from his ult, so it takes longer for Crawler to overcome his 275 base MS weakness.

The Aghs effect ability now has a name, Icon, and flavor text.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » May 21, 2015 4:05pm | Report
Isn't this ancient can't be damaged thing op?
Just stand in the fountain when you get aghs and at 120 minutes come out of the fountain and then its's tentacle rape time

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » May 21, 2015 4:08pm | Report
The hero is due for an update that severely nerfs him, since Octarine Core was added to the game.

I'll get to it.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by strider » May 22, 2015 8:33am | Report
i really like this and i know i'm probably asking for a lot but can you write "mini-guide" or something like that for him,just brief explanation of item/skill build,good ally,counters.

strider

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » May 22, 2015 2:09pm | Report
Alright, I've updated the hero. Pretty much all numbers were nerfed. His stat gain is now like the lowest in the game. Also changed the mechanics to his "anti-creep" measures of his spells so he can still farm fast, but will not wreck teamfights if there's Fatal Bonds, because it will remove health before damaging.

Cosmic Bind got changed to deal damage based on the primary attribute of enemies, so instead of being a snowball skill, it is now completely a turtle/anti-snowball skill.

The side effects applied, slow got replaced by Break, so now the hero pretty much can't gank at all, but has stronger late game options for being able to switch between many ways of dealing with enemies.

And his ult got changed, it no longer helps the Crawler tank massively, instead, it lets Crawler be a god of base defense, and more importantly, late game dominance not in raw power, but in the ability to out-trade the enemy in fights, since your respawn times are shorter. Makes the hero much more strategic.

And strider, I'm glad you like the hero, hopefully you still like him after nerfs and playstyle changes.

Generally, draft Crawler only for a secure safelane. It has high armor and natural regen, but cannot take over a lane.
Skill build would probably aim to max Q for farming and E for harassing and more farming.
Then get W to clear massive stacks. Get R whenever possible to get your stats up.
For items, you generally want an item with mana regen so you can farm (Scythe/Euls/Octarine), then Aghs to be able to turtle endlessly, then lots of Skadis to max your Q damage.
Allies: Techies (Turtling), Outworld Devourer (Endless Mana), Chaos Knight (can take towers, since Crawler has no right click), Sniper (Turtling), Keeper (Turtling while giving you mana to keep farming).
Counters: Nyx Assassin (mana burn + ganker), Riki (ganker with silence), Pugna (high mana costs), Slardar (Amp Damage kills armor, also bashes), Silencer (steals your int, lowering your damage output, also silences).
Good against: Slark (Essence Shift causes Cosmic Bind to eat him), Illusion heroes (they stack primary attribute). Anyone with high base attribute gain.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PhYrE-bAt » August 24, 2015 4:49pm | Report
Awesome. I like the thought that was put into this hero; I think that adding a new complex/different hero is essential every now and then to keep it exciting. This totally achieves that.

I read all of your new heroes and I think this just may be my favorite.

+rep

PhYrE-bAt

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » August 28, 2015 6:02am | Report
I'm glad you like it Phyre-Bat. This is one of the more unique heroes I've made, and the one I'd like to see in the game the most out of all my heroes, maybe because he's kind of a fanfic character, given how I view him as "The Thing Outworld Devourer is warning us about"

And yeah, the game has plenty of high skill heroes like Earth Spirit and Meepo, but a bit of a lack of very high skill hard carries, with only Morphling coming to mind.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved