Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Upgradeable Black King Bar?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Upgradeable Black King Bar? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » November 16, 2014 3:35pm | Report
With recent shifts putting hard carries back in fashion, an old question I had popped up.

Basically, the single most important carry item, Black King Bar. By the end of the game, it's stats are really inefficient, especially for taking up a spot in an inventory.
So, I'm wondering, what if you could upgrade a BKB for more late game usage in a way like Dagon? Something to make it a bit stronger, as being stuck at 5 seconds at the end could be a hassle, and there should be an option to deal with those damn stunners and hexes.

Black King Bar Mk. II

Requires: Black King Bar (3975) + Recipe (1375) = 5350
+ 18 Strength
+ 40 Damage
Active: Avatar. Just like Black King Bar's. It starts at the same duration as the one your currently have, unless it's lower than 7.
Duration: 10/9/8/7
Cooldown: 60/55/50/45
Flavor Text: Deep within the Narrow Maze, monsters fear no magic.

If this item was implemented, how do you think the game would be affected?

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 17, 2014 2:10am | Report
Increase the price. And keep the cooldown to a fixed time.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 17, 2014 5:32am | Report
What I don't like about new BKB is that it renders some melee carries next to useless late-game.

It's just ridiculous, BKB=5 seconds for 4k, Ghost Scepter = 4 seconds for 1.6k. Bye, Sven, bye Mortred as if you wasn't weak enough already...

So the solution is definetly needed. There's much that can be done about the item, I hope Frog won't only add Oracle but does something about that... or not.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved