Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Sum of All (parts1,2 and 3)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » The Sum of All (parts1,2 and 3) 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 13, 2014 9:16pm | Report

THE SUM OF ALL

Lore Part 2

The dull beat of rain was a melody that invaded the guards mind. Cracks of lightning gave way to the rolling lullaby of far away thunder, none would be out in this night. none would dare the Thunder god's wrath and definitely no one would dare to approach his castle in the mortal realm.

James is new to the role of guard only getting the job because his sister is married to the captain of Castle Guard and had been pestering her husband for weeks on end to help out her kid brother.

"I wish she hadn't been " mused James feeling miserable in the torrential downpour with only his oiled fox skin jacked to stave away the chill the rain brings.

A particularly vivid flash of lightning illuminates the ground before the castle gate in the brief shock of visibility a man can be seen standing upon the castle drawbridge clad in an enveloping cloak of swirling patterns and colours. James starts forward from his position against the wall in shock and disbelief. the light disappears and upon the next lightning strike the man is gone like he was never there.

James leans back against the castle wall shaking his head. "Now your seeing things as well" he thinks incredulously.

Further into the castle a maid going about her business reaches behind her for her basket of linens only to find her grasping the hand of a beautiful man who whisks her into a dance where the music she hears is in her mind and colours both beautiful and frightening flit and slew across her vision. his eyes glow with a bright blue light and only after he has suddenly disappeared leaving her breathless and confused does she realise that her feet never touched the ground.

deeper into the heart of the castle there sits a grand throne occupied by an old man who radiates power, in fact it seems to manifest around him in brief burst and crackles of static that seem to rise off his luxurious beard. his eyes are closed a spark of electricity shoots from one of his hairs and arcs towards the ground, the whip crack echoes in the large chamber.

"I know your there, little mortal. no need to try and hide" rumbles Zues.

"im not hiding my lord, merely observing from concealment" replies Fillius

"do not play word games with me trespasser i know why you have come and I WILL NOT ALLOW IT" Zues thunders as a massive Crack of thunder breaks over the castle shaking the stones on which they stood.

"OH? little old me? what have i done to warrant such a response?" quips Fillius "im hardly worth your time"

"No one is worth my time, but for you i shall take a breif respite to show you why you should not have come here" and as the words leave his lips zues stands and reaches forth with his hand towards where Fillius stands a bolt of Lightning as think as a tree roars through the stone ceiling and smashes into the Fillius with a massive sonic boom that blow the windows out in the great chamber and sending echoes of it running through the rest of the castle.

"huh puny human" zues spits before turning away back to his musings.

"hmmm maybe it is YOU who isnt worth my time?" the question soars over zues shoulder casuing him to whirl around in fury.

Before him stands still the intruder on unsteady legs and twitching with the electrical aftermath of the bolt.

Zues roars with anger and brings forth another bolt but as it streaks down towards Fillius he reaches up and blue light begins to swarm around him in a growing vortex of light and colour, then as the bolt hits Fillius outstretched hand it disappears into him in an instant leaving the chamber suddenly dark from its absence.

Zues stares in disbelief at this before Fillius brings his arm down and points it at him. A cheeky grin works its way across his face.

"and they same tasting one's own medicine isnt as bad"

the roar of the lightning fills the room casuing shadows to jump and scatter in fits as Zeus is hit and flung across away from the throne before smashing into the stone wall.

sitting slumped against the wall on the floor zues raises his eyes at the human who has bested him.

smiling laconically Fillius crouches next to the fallen god

"now im just going to have to take what i came for instead. I don't think this will hurt..."

Cocking his head to one side in reflection Fillius pauses then adds

"but then again .... it might"

Looking over the drawbridge at the retreating back of the Intruder mage, Zues allows himself to finally chuckle over the ease at which he tricked Fillius.

"ahaha to fool these puny portals is too easy now, hopefully this one actually starts to grow into a challenge worthy of my might."

looking back across the great chamber to the Slumped zues the real one raises his arm and banishes the illusion in a puff of smoke. The great doors open and in walks a figure resplendent in gold and green with a questioning face.

"So is it done?"

"yes my dear fellow it was remarkably easy, i would have thought your student would have been harder to trick."

"trust me great one if you really fought him the result would be close but i fear if he had the time you would still end up on the floor."

"BAH i am ZUES, no mortal can defeat me! i only went along with your crazy plan because i owe you. now we are even so BEGONE."

"as you wish great one" replies Rubick with a smirk.

"until we meet again...on the battlefield"

Introduction

Fillius as a hero is based around the late late LATE LAAATE game as early game he is not very powerful he is extremely squishy and he has a lot of mana problems. His gameplay is similar to Rubick mixed with Oracle mixed with some alchemist and a bit of some others but on steroids. He should be run as a position 1 or 2.He is an intelligence hard carry since his abilities allow him to transition into late game by basically removing what any support can do to him (Unusual I know but hey) his abilities also scale into late game against large ultimates making him very annoying to deal with as he can turn a team fight around. he has two passive abilities and one of them has two aspects to it. He has an ultimate ability that changes his actives effects. Each ability has two parts a PARTIAL and a COMPLETE. You can only activate the COMPLETE part when you are THE SUM OF ALL.

Before I get into his skills I have to explain something's first before people scream OP OP OP.

1). Primary effect rankings are this: Damage>Stun>Disable>Slow>Silence>Debuff>Reductions(stats)
this is SOLID, as in even if an ability does 100 damage but stuns for 6 seconds the damage is the only thing it picks up.

2). Calculating the primary attribute is simple. Say for Outworld Devourer intelligence reduction after 10 uses against Fillius he would accrue a 1% resistance to the (Disable duration) not the (Stat reduction).

3). In a game I counted how many times I was targeted by spells or had spells go off around me( I was playing as pudge). The most resistance I calculated I accrued was to Zeus�¢ï¿½ï¿½s chain lightning at 57.6% resistance. That was over a 64 minute game. So it might seem op but his hard counter is early game push strategies. he would be best teamed with heroes that are great at turtling or allowing him to accrue stacks of memory. Even if you lose a team fight you have gained resistance stacks of all spells used in that team fight so he would be a good counter to team fight line ups.

The Sum of All

STR 65.5 at 25 (18 + 1.9/level)
AGI 57.5 at 25 (15 + 1.7/level)
INT 95.5 at 25 (23 + 2.9/level)
HEALTH 1727 at 25
MANA 1456 at 25
DAMAGE 51-55
RANGE 600
ARMOR 2.1
MOVEMENT 300

Skills

MEMORY

(Passive)

Fillius reads each ability an enemy uses and then see's how that ability is made within them. He gains a understanding of it and begins to realise how he can defend against it and then when they use it again he further gains more knowledge of it until the day that knowledge is required.

This ability is Innate and has two aspects:

Aspect One

Aspect Two

I remember all, i see all, i become all.

READ/RIP

READ

RIP

UNDERSTANDING

Understanding Partial

Understanding Complete

MANIFEST

This ability is in Fact two seperate abilities as in his normal form it is a Passive skill yet when in Ultimate form the passive is still retained but he also acquires an Active. this is one of the skills that scales into late game incredibly well

Manifest Partial

Manifestation Complete

THE SUM OF ALL

The Sum of All

ok thats my hero and i think all i have left to add is responses to first blood and kills and then maybe some balancing but thats about it :) hope you guys like it!!

notes:

thanks to Yzreel for helping me with some issues and getting the guy formed.
Most images are from Magic the Gathering Jace the blue mage credit goes to them.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 14, 2014 7:47am | Report
Smuggels. You're making me feel bad. :(

Other than that. Amazing.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 14, 2014 8:12am | Report
Why are you making all these overcomplicated stuff? Personally, I don't like it.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 14, 2014 8:33am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Why are you making all these overcomplicated stuff? Personally, I don't like it.

Smuggels and Yzreel have been competing over who can make the most complicated hero idea. This is only one of the many ideas made by them in attempt to create the most incomprehensible hero concept that no mortal mind can ever hope to understand :3.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 14, 2014 8:42am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Smuggels and Yzreel have been competing over who can make the most complicated hero idea. This is only one of the many ideas made by them in attempt to create the most incomprehensible hero concept that no mortal mind can ever hope to understand :3.

Wait... but I only made ONE complex idea thus far -_-
I think Smuggles as well, and I really doubt that he does it so that we don't understand it. More like it's fun to make I guess?

P.S: Smuggles, I don't have anything to say about the hero, but I must say I don't really like the lore. I mean, it's good and all to make him fight Zeus, but deciding a winner is never a good idea. It's like having Kunkka defeat Tidehunter in the lore, it loses all the fun. Also, what would you do if in the game Filius lost to Zeus? It's gonna be funny lol
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 14, 2014 8:43am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Only mortal minds can't understand?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 14, 2014 8:59am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Only mortal minds can't understand?

We haven't got to that stage if complexity yet. In theory, only the Moustachioed One can grasp the abstract concepts of the most complicated hero created.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 14, 2014 9:35am | Report
I understand it, but I don't like it. Same with Yzreel's guy.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 14, 2014 4:26pm | Report
Edit: Read the lore again :D :D :D

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 14, 2014 4:40pm | Report
also. Complicated heroes i find are the most fun to play. (even though i smash my head against the keyboard playing invoker) for example i love tinker, absolutly love him the fact that you have to remember so many things and also keep track of lane equilibrium and counter pushes and psitioning all the while doing the maths for mana costing in your head.

it pumps me up when you blink in and do 30 actions in 2 seconds or when you combo a skill of hero on top of another skill and its all about timing. they are the most fun.

this guys is suprisingly easy to play. he has 2 actives till he hits level 6 then he has 3.

thats 1 less then most heroes and the maths is that complicated when you look at the maths for maledict or other spells.

personally i like the complicated heroes. :D

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved