Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Engineer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » The Engineer 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sclipzer » August 8, 2016 7:19am | Report
The Engineer

The Engineer is a support hero that repairs towers and makes them stronger (anti-rat). He's kinda useless in teamfights but he makes up for lt with his turtling abilities.

Stats

STR: 19 + 2.0
AGI: 19 + 2.4
INT: 22 + 2.9

Speed: 310
Vision: 1800/800

BAT: 1.66
Range: 128 (Melee)

Roles

Carry: 0/3
Support: 2/3

Durable: 0/3
Nuker: 1/3
Disabler: 1/3
Escape: 0/3
Initiator: 0/3
Pusher: 0/3
Anti-Pusher: 3/3

Suitable lane: Safelane support (Trilanes aren't recommended because he needs levels.)

Q: Repair

Repairs a tower, increasing its health. At lvl 4 you can repair barracks. Channeled.

MC: 20/25/30/35 per sec
CD: 50/42/34/26

Range: 650
Duration: Until stopped or building has full health or after 10 seconds.

HP/S: 40/70/100/130 (Towers)
HP/S: 0/0/0/50 (Barracks)

Notes

PASSIVE: Presence of the Engineer

The presence of The Engineer passively increases the health, damage and armor of nearby buildings (except Ancient).

Radius: 250/350/450/1200

+Health: 5/10/15/20% of max health.
+Armor: 1/2/3/4
+Damage: 20/40/60/80

Notes

E: Upgrade Armas

Upgrades the weapon of the allied hero, increasing their attack stats. If the allied hero has a critical strike skill/item, it will be upgraded too. Works on towers.

MC: 60/75/90/105
CD: 26

Duration: 6/8/10/12
Cast Range: 450

+Damage: 10/20/30/40
+Main Attribute: 3/6/9/12
+Crit Chance: 2/3/4/5%
+Crit: 5/7,5/10/12,5%
+Range (Ranged only): 30/60/90/120

Notes

R: Overclock

The Engineer overclocks a tower, massively increasing it's attack speed. Reduces the damage of the tower.

MC: 135 (*115)
CD: 90/80/70 (*50)

Duration: 3/5/7 (*4/7/10)
Range: 800 (*2000)

Tower Dmg Reduction: 30/15/0% (Tower deals full damage at lvl 3)
+Attack Speed: Lv1: +100 Lv2: +175 Lv3: +250 (*Maximum attack speed with ultstick.)

Notes

Best items on this hero (In my opinion):

Heart of Tarrasque
And
Bloodstone.

Why?
Bloodstone mana regen = infinite tower healing.

Heart of Tarrasque = Tower heal when there's a teamfight.

CHANGELOG:

V1: Wrote it all.
V2: Buffed Overclock, Removed Hammer Bash, added Presence of the Engineer, nerfed Repair
V3: Buffed (and nerfed) Repair.

Comment what you think!
Hero DPS and EHP Spreadsheet coming soon.

Sclipzer

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Afghanizm » August 9, 2016 1:28am | Report
Before you read this, know I am just giving my opinion or suggestions. No offense was meant in any way since the idea of a tower centered hero sounds really good

1.) I think you meant "increases tower damage" with the ult
2.) With that huge healing number people would simply scout you out while pushing and murder you if you attempted to stop them by healing the tower. I think you could lower the amount and cooldown to make him more like Treant, especially since it doesn't have global range neither can it protect heroes
3.) I think the ult is underwhelming with that hell low duration. I think you limited it too much.
4.) I believe the passive could honestly be replaced by something better, since supports usually do not want to be in the center of a fight and smack people, especially one so crucial for high ground defense.

Afghanizm

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sclipzer » August 9, 2016 3:01am | Report
1) It actually decreases the damage the tower does.

2)I could increase the ranranege to maybe 600

3) I will buff his ult alot.

4) I'll replace it with another tower buffing spell.

Sclipzer

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sclipzer » August 9, 2016 3:32am | Report
There we go. What do you think? He's now a real Lycan hater. He heals towers from 600 dotameters away, he increases the damage of the towers alot and he makes towers attack at max atk speed.

The most unbalanced hero ever. :D

I think he's countered by big amounts of creeps and tons of pushy heroes. First Ban in CM!

Sclipzer

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Afghanizm » August 9, 2016 8:59am | Report
I don't think he is unbalanced at all mate. He looks like a very powerfull lane support who can easily keep his carry safe by making tower dives extremely dangerous. I agree he kinda falls of lategame, but he could turtle really good. Given he is useless when not around towers I say he is perfectly balanced ;)

Afghanizm

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sclipzer » August 9, 2016 9:53am | Report
I thought his best lane was the offlane. Usually the offlane tower is destroyed first (sometimes the mid tower). If he was in the offlane he could prevent that, as long as the enemy carry isn't Dragon Knight, and he's usually played as mid.

Sclipzer

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » February 12, 2017 8:56am | Report
I don't know, I think his aura is kind of derp, especially since it adds no use until late game and has to be leveled at specific points. A far more interesting ability would be one that makes him actually useful in teamfights.

I see this hero as more of a rat than an anti-rat. You just cant push against a +100 damage max attack speed tower.

I would instead suggest making overclock his w (and make it something like +40/60/80/100 attack speed on a tower, +75 more with aghs). Then I would add an ult that creates a tower at a target point after channeling for 3 seconds, which has 1000/1500/2000 health, 5/15/25 armor, and 100/200/300 damage. This tower lasts forever but loses 10 hp per second, so the engineer has to repair it or it will eventually die. Additionally, there can only be 1 tower up at a time.

That makes him more useful in teamfights, lets him use his abilities outside of defending, and keeps his basic idea the same.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved