Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sindy, the Crystalline Archer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Sindy, the Crystalline Archer 36 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 7, 2014 6:08am | Report

Sindy, the Crystalline Archer.

Deep within the Severnwell forest sits a quaint little shack, a hunters shack. Sindy, the owner of the shack spent her days here hunting game, which she would sell to passers-by for food on their long treks. She made her living like this for several days, nothing was strange, other than the odd goblin, which was dealt with in a flash. One day, as Sindy was skinning a prize bear she had just hunted today, a loud, thunderous explosion occurred in the distance. Sindy left the bear and ran to investigate. Lying in a crater, was a glowing crystal comet. She was unsure what this strange object was, and was unsure what to do with it. Cautiously she touched it. It was red hot, but also strangely alluring. Once it had been cooled down by several buckets of water, she learnt close to the glistening surface of the comet, staring into it. Suddenly, the comet lashed out several whips of energy, one striking Sindy and the other striking her bow. She had passed out shortly after and when she woke up, she felt energized and revived, how bow was glowing with purple energies. Sindy also noticed her eyes were now glowing pink as she saw in the reflective surface of the comet. She shot an arrow at a tree, which whistled along with crystalline energy, striking the tree and exploding with power on impact. Sindy was no ordinary huntress anymore.

Sindy is a powerful ranged carry, who can quickly burst down enemies with special arrows.

Health: 500
Mana: 210
Strength: 18
Agility: 24
Intelligence: 19
Movement Speed: 310
Armour: 4

Q)Change Arrows:
Changes Sindy's arrows to different colours with different abilities.

Arrow types:
Pink Crystalline: Arrows tipped with sharp crystalline shards, passively deals slightly more damage when attacking creeps, and applies a very small slow when attacking enemy heroes.
Slow can be stacked 4 times.

+ Damage to Creeps: 20%/25%/30%/35%
Slow: 5%/7%/9%/11%

Blue Crystalline: Arrows tipped with blunt crystalline orbs, passively has a ministun chance, which deals bonus damage also.

Ministun Chance: 25%/30%/35%/40%
Ministun Duration: .1/.2/.3/.4
Minustun Bonus Damage: 30/40/50/60

Yellow Crystalline: Arrows tipped with a large crystalline pike, passively deals damage to enemies in the radius of the initial target. (ranged cleave wtf volvo pls fix!!1!1)

"Cleave" radius of initial target: 150/200/250/300
"Cleave" Damage: 40%
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
W)Crystal Trap Arrow: (Target AoE)

Sindy fires crystal arrows which shatter into sharp crystal shards, damaging all enemies over time in the area of effect.
Damage Per Second: 30/40/50/60
Radius: 300
Duration: 5
Mana: 100/125/150/175 Cooldown: 8
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
E) Energized Crystal Arrow: (changes depending on arrows used)
Sindy charges up an arrow for 1 second. The arrow is fired when the skill is activated again.

Pink Crystalline Arrows: (Target Hero)
Fires a charged barbed arrow, which slows massively and deals DOT.

Slow: 40%/50%/55%/60%
DOT: 70/80/90/100
Duration: 3

Blue Crystalline Arrows: (Target Enemy)
Fires a charged blunt arrow, which has a large stun and several minustun instances. Applies the concussed debuff.

Concussed debuff has 3 instances of ministuns leading up to a large stun.

Ministun Duration: .2
Ministun Gap: 0.8
Stun Duration: 2/2.3/2.5/2.8

Yellow Crystalline Arrows: (Skillshot)
Fires a charged pike arrow, which piles through multiple targets and travels a long distance.

Damage: 175/225/275/325
Distance: 2000

Mana: 150/175/200/225 Cooldown: 10

R)Ultimate Arrow: (changes depending on arrows being used)
Sindy channels for 3 seconds, after channeling the arrow can be fired at any point by activating the skill again

Pink Crystalline Arrows:
Fires an arrow which ruptures into an enemy's heart, starts a death tick, which deals large DOT damage and stuns every two seconds.

Death Tick Duration: 10/16/18
Stun Druation: .5
Damage per second: 30

Blue Crystalline Arrows:
Fires an arrow which caves in a enemies skull, deals massive damage and stun.

Damage: 400/500/600
Stun: 3

Yellow Crystalline Arrows:
Fires an arrow which pierces and shatters all forms of protection for a duration and deals large damage.

Damage: 300/350/400
The damage goes through all defense. Magic Resist, Armour, Bkb, Shallow Grave etc. and disables their use for 3 seconds.

Mana: 200/250/300 Cooldown: 110/100/90

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 7, 2014 8:47am | Report
LOVE THIS HERO!

Keep up the good work, Bunkan! (I'll leave it to Yzreel to tear this apart)

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 7, 2014 8:49am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

LOVE THIS HERO!

Keep up the good work, Bunkan! (I'll leave it to Yzreel to tear this apart)

:D Thanks so much!

And yep, I'll see if Yzreel has some stuff to tell me about it ;)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 7, 2014 8:51am | Report
I also think the idea behind this is great. The Q ability is awesome and makes her very adaptable (so could counter many different heroes). I like it, but, as stated above, I'm sure Yzreel will find one thing wrong with it... or two thousand.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 7, 2014 8:55am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

I also think the idea behind this is great. The Q ability is awesome and makes her very adaptable (so could counter many different heroes). I like it, but, as stated above, I'm sure Yzreel will find one thing wrong with it... or two thousand.

Thanks a lot!

And I'm slightly worried now, warnings from two people? D:

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 7, 2014 9:19am | Report
Only slightly?

I actually want to play this hero in-game. It sounds rather cool. XD

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » August 7, 2014 9:38am | Report
Is the mini stun chance from Change Arrows RNG or PRD based?
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » August 7, 2014 9:38am | Report
Well.... considering that I am called by you all and I've realized that I have never say anything about your hero, here I come?

Alright first of all, let's talk about your hero's concept and stats?
I would say that it is rather interesting, seeing as how you seem to take Troll Warlord's basic idea and improve it to a hero rather similar to Sniper on steroid. However, I do find some things to say (or, quoting TheSofa: "tear apart") that I will cover later. First of all, I cannot seem to find her primary attribute (it can even change by changing the arrows it seems right now), but assuming from her highest stats, I would say that this hero is agility hero? If so, I find her skills oh so mana-depleting. Really, all 3 of her active skills cost a ton of MP (except her ultimate, which is still rather high). At level 9, assuming that she max skill 2,3 and ultimate, it would take 175+225+200 that is equal to 600 MP. Since you doesn't state the stats growth (you really need to), I'll assume the int growth is around 2.0 (it's pretty high for non-int), so at level 9 she is supposed to have 19+2*8 int, which is 35*13 = 455 MP. This amount of MP is not even enough to do her whole combo, and buying Magic Wand still cannot cover it. However, I cannot say for sure since you doesn't state her primary attribute and stats growth, but as how I see it currently, she will have HUGE mana problem.

Okay, now going to the skills. Let's start with her first skill, shall we? I notice that this skill is the defining factor of her, but I have one question: "which one is the default arrow?" it seems pretty important to know because currently, it seems that if you take the E or ultimate skill without this skill they will do absolutely nothing. Going for the details of the skill, I have problem with the blue arrow because currently it is practically on par with Headshot, losing in 30 points of damage, but having 0.35 seconds longer mini-stun duration with same chance. If it's a normal passive I'd say it's fine, but seeing how it can also give her two other effects, I'd say that you need to nerf it a bit. The pink arrow seems alright as it is, while the yellow one is pretty much alright (oh, by the way it's called "splash", same as Elder Dragon Form level 2), but might require some changes as well.

Second skill is rather simple, so I don't think I have anything major to say. Some things I need to say are probably the detail, I don't know its cast range and if it damages structures/magic immune units (basically the damage type) so I can't say how this skill is going to be used. For the balancing, I'd say that you need to rescale this skill, I mean, this skill has 150/200/250/300 damage scaling with same cooldown, but having 100/125/150/175 MP cost. The MP increase is pretty heavy for an agility hero, and the damage increase is very low (the increase is 2 damage for 1 MP, very underwhelming). Considering how the spell is a very long duration spell (5 seconds) and has a pretty small radius, it is very weak currently since people can just evade it. I suggest to change the scaling and make it stronger/reduce duration (probably to 4 seconds damage, with 40/60/80/100 damage per second by 120 fixed MP cost, or around 90/100/110/120), this way it can dish more damage more easily with better scaling.

Third skill is rather interesting and I find the high MP cost justified, seeing how all three skills are very strong. However, I need to say that the "activating this skill again releases the arrow" part is rather odd, I know it's like Snowball, but I think it's better if it's quick release like Powershot. At first I thought that this skill will have the most problems, but it is rather surprising to see that it is actually nicely balanced! The pink arrow's slow and damage is fine for a single hero because it requires a second cast time, and the blue arrow's stun is very strong, but since it cause no damage it is alright, while the yellow one is practically Powershot. What I have to say is probably the same as the second skill. I mean, 30 damage + 5% slow increase is rather weak and I find no reason to level it up with 25 MP increase/level, as well as 0.3/0.2/0.3 longer second (this is very ridiculous). The only reason for me to level this skill is probably the yellow one, but it is also very meager 50 damage increase (imagine Rocket Flare). I think you need to rework this skill's scaling with similar trick of second skill, but this one need to retain high mana cost (not the mana increase though).

For the ultimate skill.... care to elaborate? It is rather confusing for me how the skill works, seeing how the skill requires 3 seconds cast time, but it says that "it can be fired at any direction when used again" implies that this skill is skillshot, but you never explain the range nor how it works, does it deal aoe damage? does it affect the first unit it struck? do you need to click the target for activation? Okay, going to the details, I think the pink arrow is OP, I mean, it is 18 seconds of absolutely no channeling spell (meaning no TP as well) with a rather high damage amount of 540 (well... there's Doom though). I'd suggest that you reduce the duration and increase damage because currently the total stun time is 18/2*0.5 which is 4.5 seconds stun. For the blue arrow, I think it is rather fine currently (keeping in mind that it is a skillshot), while the yellow arrow is also a bit OP because if it reduces magic resistance and armor to 0 (like I assume when you say it disable their uses) it's just too much, even if it's just 3 seconds (it's okay if it is skillshot). Anyway, it seems that the ultimate is pretty balanced if it is skillshot, but if not I suggest that you nerfed all 3 of the skills a bit (not too much though)

Overall, I like the idea and you already balanced them quite well. However, you lack A LOT of detail (stats growth, primary attribute, cast range, mechanics, etc.) and you might also need to work on the scaling. However, good work all around, GJ :D
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 7, 2014 9:55am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Well.... considering that I am called by you all and I've realized that I have never say anything about your hero, here I come?

Alright first of all, let's talk about your hero's concept and stats?
I would say that it is rather interesting, seeing as how you seem to take Troll Warlord's basic idea and improve it to a hero rather similar to Sniper on steroid. However, I do find some things to say (or, quoting TheSofa: "tear apart") that I will cover later. First of all, I cannot seem to find her primary attribute (it can even change by changing the arrows it seems right now), but assuming from her highest stats, I would say that this hero is agility hero? If so, I find her skills oh so mana-depleting. Really, all 3 of her active skills cost a ton of MP (except her ultimate, which is still rather high). At level 9, assuming that she max skill 2,3 and ultimate, it would take 175+225+200 that is equal to 600 MP. Since you doesn't state the stats growth (you really need to), I'll assume the int growth is around 2.0 (it's pretty high for non-int), so at level 9 she is supposed to have 19+2*8 int, which is 35*13 = 455 MP. This amount of MP is not even enough to do her whole combo, and buying Magic Wand still cannot cover it. However, I cannot say for sure since you doesn't state her primary attribute and stats growth, but as how I see it currently, she will have HUGE mana problem.

Okay, now going to the skills. Let's start with her first skill, shall we? I notice that this skill is the defining factor of her, but I have one question: "which one is the default arrow?" it seems pretty important to know because currently, it seems that if you take the E or ultimate skill without this skill they will do absolutely nothing. Going for the details of the skill, I have problem with the blue arrow because currently it is practically on par with Headshot, losing in 30 points of damage, but having 0.35 seconds longer mini-stun duration with same chance. If it's a normal passive I'd say it's fine, but seeing how it can also give her two other effects, I'd say that you need to nerf it a bit. The pink arrow seems alright as it is, while the yellow one is pretty much alright (oh, by the way it's called "splash", same as Elder Dragon Form level 2), but might require some changes as well.

Second skill is rather simple, so I don't think I have anything major to say. Some things I need to say are probably the detail, I don't know its cast range and if it damages structures/magic immune units (basically the damage type) so I can't say how this skill is going to be used. For the balancing, I'd say that you need to rescale this skill, I mean, this skill has 150/200/250/300 damage scaling with same cooldown, but having 100/125/150/175 MP cost. The MP increase is pretty heavy for an agility hero, and the damage increase is very low (the increase is 2 damage for 1 MP, very underwhelming). Considering how the spell is a very long duration spell (5 seconds) and has a pretty small radius, it is very weak currently since people can just evade it. I suggest to change the scaling and make it stronger/reduce duration (probably to 4 seconds damage, with 40/60/80/100 damage per second by 120 fixed MP cost, or around 90/100/110/120), this way it can dish more damage more easily with better scaling.

Third skill is rather interesting and I find the high MP cost justified, seeing how all three skills are very strong. However, I need to say that the "activating this skill again releases the arrow" part is rather odd, I know it's like Snowball, but I think it's better if it's quick release like Powershot. At first I thought that this skill will have the most problems, but it is rather surprising to see that it is actually nicely balanced! The pink arrow's slow and damage is fine for a single hero because it requires a second cast time, and the blue arrow's stun is very strong, but since it cause no damage it is alright, while the yellow one is practically Powershot. What I have to say is probably the same as the second skill. I mean, 30 damage + 5% slow increase is rather weak and I find no reason to level it up with 25 MP increase/level, as well as 0.3/0.2/0.3 longer second (this is very ridiculous). The only reason for me to level this skill is probably the yellow one, but it is also very meager 50 damage increase (imagine Rocket Flare). I think you need to rework this skill's scaling with similar trick of second skill, but this one need to retain high mana cost (not the mana increase though).

For the ultimate skill.... care to elaborate? It is rather confusing for me how the skill works, seeing how the skill requires 3 seconds cast time, but it says that "it can be fired at any direction when used again" implies that this skill is skillshot, but you never explain the range nor how it works, does it deal aoe damage? does it affect the first unit it struck? do you need to click the target for activation? Okay, going to the details, I think the pink arrow is OP, I mean, it is 18 seconds of absolutely no channeling spell (meaning no TP as well) with a rather high damage amount of 540 (well... there's Doom though). I'd suggest that you reduce the duration and increase damage because currently the total stun time is 18/2*0.5 which is 4.5 seconds stun. For the blue arrow, I think it is rather fine currently (keeping in mind that it is a skillshot), while the yellow arrow is also a bit OP because if it reduces magic resistance and armor to 0 (like I assume when you say it disable their uses) it's just too much, even if it's just 3 seconds (it's okay if it is skillshot). Anyway, it seems that the ultimate is pretty balanced if it is skillshot, but if not I suggest that you nerfed all 3 of the skills a bit (not too much though)

Overall, I like the idea and you already balanced them quite well. However, you lack A LOT of detail (stats growth, primary attribute, cast range, mechanics, etc.) and you might also need to work on the scaling. However, good work all around, GJ :D

O_O

You see?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Powergoat » August 7, 2014 10:16am | Report
I would love to meet yzreel in person, but he would probably find an imbalance in my socks

Powergoat

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved