Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Sando, the Lord of Wisdom and Knowledge

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Sando, the Lord of Wisdom and Knowledge 70 posts - page 2 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 29, 2014 7:44am | Report
So the consensus here is that ulti is OP. I agree. SO... How should I balance it? (*cough Yzreel*cough)

And NO, Xyrus, I don't want your suggestions.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 29, 2014 8:19am | Report
I defer until such time as Yzreel makes his statement.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 29, 2014 8:32am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

I defer until such time as Yzreel makes his statement.

XD lol

OH YZREEL! WE NEED YOU HERE

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 29, 2014 8:40am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

And NO, Xyrus, I don't want your suggestions.

But they're mathematically accurate... 8{(

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 29, 2014 8:41am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Maths is my least favourite subject... maybe because I can put two and two together (no seriously, what is it? 3?)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 29, 2014 8:41am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

These are hero CONCEPTS. concepts do not need to be mathematically accurate.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 29, 2014 10:24am | Report
Oh, am I called? Sorry for taking so long, and here:

Q is a really standard skill (like Enchant or Holy Persuasion), so I guess it doesn't need anything to say about. However, I am a bit confused here, how many creeps are the maximum limit of it? If you can control all of them until they die (like Holy Persuasion), and there is no limit amount, I'll just take this skill at level 1, convert a centaur. wait 60 seconds, convert another. level 3 take level 2, convert again. rinse and repeat. At minute 15 you can get 20+ creeps attacking a tower at the same time and well.... you know

W is very interesting, but generally I am against the idea to have a passive that increases as time passes. Nonetheless, I am just going to say that the vision gain is VERY USELESS. Let's do a quick math here: mostly game will end at 30 minutes mark, so 5 vision / minute means only 150 vision gain. This is then counted as bonus to your original 1800 vision, which is less than 10% of it. It's just unusable, not to mention that at early stage (laning phase, where you need vision the most) it provides nothing. Also, what about level 2-4? Does it not change anything? Really, I am assuming that it is a one level skill currently

E is a bit OP, but at the same time underwhelming. If there is no limitation to the magic resistance, you can have a Finger of Death that deals 0 damage, but if you put it until he dies, I don't think he can survive enough spell to make it worthwhile (since he is not of a tank role anyway). The increase is a too much if it lasts after he dies and too little if it lasts until he dies, so I suggest you take a midpoint somewhere along the road (I prefer to increase the magic resist, and make it lasts for a few seconds/minute if you do want to)

R is well..... ridiculous. As interesting as the basic idea is, it is certainly not viable in a real game because in competitive scene it is impossible for someone to follow a fixed build, and in pub everyone is going to follow it. Also, what is the requirement you need to meet for the item build? I mean, there are like 10+ items in a basic build, so what if I buy only 1? Do I not get any punishment? What if I only buy 1 wrong item? Do I get punished? And what the hell is the damage supposed to do? Global range of miniscule damage? At level 6 all your enemy need to do is buy a Ring of Health and get no damage whatsoever, while at level 16 they cannot even leave the base. Also, what does the cooldown supposed to do if you don't put any duration into it?

Suggestions: Put a limit to the Q skill, give a fixed vision increase instead for E (or change his role to a much later support), Increase E magic resist by some amount and make it last for a duration, gives R a high range instead of global, increases the damage and make it scale more sensibly, put a duration into it (or make it a passive like Radiance)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 29, 2014 11:30am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

These are hero CONCEPTS. concepts do not need to be mathematically accurate.

TheSofa wrote:

How should I balance ulti?

Good luck balancing Skills without Maths!...hypocrite 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 29, 2014 12:40pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Yeah, that's a good idea.

I repeat my earlier post:
kkoopman3 wrote:

Ummm. You're joking right? Can you imagine the imbalance this would bring to the game? Level 6, cast ultimate, leave lane to not die, 2 minutes or less later, NameHere (Sando) killed EnemyGuy (Pudge). And I'm just sittin' there like... How... The hell?

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » June 30, 2014 1:32am | Report
Haha I've very honoured...although I think my ulti should be an ability to FORCE/buff allies who build what I damned well tell them :)
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved