Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Mynos the Demon Warrior

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Mynos the Demon Warrior 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by cyanide » October 28, 2012 12:16am | Report

MYNOS THE DEMON WARRIOR

PRIMARY ATTRIBUTE: STRENGTH

ROLE: INITIATOR, CARRY, DISABLER

"Even death will not save you from my blade."

BIO

Hailing from the lowest depths of the Abysm, the demon known as Mynos walks its god-forsaken plains. In his hands are the freshly cut heads of his enemies, unfortunate to face him in combat. Moving with the speed of a tiger and the strength of a mountain, Mynos utterly decimates his foes, bringing them to their knees with a finger and ending their lives on a whim. His hatred for being commanded is outweighed by his lust for battle, earning the Dire a powerful ally. Now he employs all of his demonic gifts upon his foes, smiting them with the unholy fury that embodies what a Demon Warrior is.

ABILITIES

Abyssal Blast

Mynos channels a powerful bolt of energy from the Abysm, slowing and blinding them for a short period of time.

SLOW: 40%
BlIND DURATION: 2/3/4/5
DAMAGE: 100/175/225/275
MANA COST: 110/130/150/175
COOLDOWN: 20

BACKLASH

Mynos enchants his blade to deal extra strikes in one attack. Extra strikes deal less damage.

CHANCE: 17%
EXTRA STRIKES: 1/1/2/3
DAMAGE DEALT: 50%/65%/75%/90%

UNHOLY FORTITUDE

Mynos conjures the strength of the Abysm, granting his allies a passive bonus in armor and attack speed.

BONUS ARMOR: 2/5/8/10
ATTACK SPEED: 15/20/25/30

HELL'S FURY

The Demon Warrior rushes towards its target, becoming invulnerable while charging and dealing bonus damage on the target. All enemies are burned in an area around Mynos, taking damage over time and are slowed. Mynos gains bonus attack speed and a Cleave effect for a short duration.

INITIAL DAMAGE:100/150/200
DAMAGE OVER TIME: 50/75/100
DURATION: 5
MANA COST: 125/250/325
COOLDOWN: 90/60/30

If you have any ideas, feel free to comment as such. Hope you like it!

CHANGELOG

10/29/12 - Renamed Silverbolt to Abyssal Bolt and tweaked Hell's Fury a bit.

cyanide

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wilddeonpwn » October 28, 2012 12:28am | Report
The first skill needs more damage, 280 maybe at rank 4.

Post it on playdota when your done, I'm sure they will love it.

wilddeonpwn

Established (102)
Steam: wilddeonpwn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by cyanide » October 28, 2012 12:42am | Report
When I thought about the idea of Silverbolt, it was under the premise that it wasn't a nuking spell and more of a disable one, so I think added damage would be OP. Meh, I feel the hero is too OP in general lol.

cyanide

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Tongy » October 31, 2012 1:10am | Report
425 damage seems a bit too much in my opinion. Also what's his mana pool like?

Tongy

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by cyanide » November 2, 2012 3:40am | Report
Meh. 425 IS to overpowered. Probably just tone it down to 275?

His mana pool should (at bare minimum) be at half his health (his strength gain and int gain are probably the same. Somewhere at 2-2.5 I think), and he is one of those Strength heroes who needs a sizable mana pool.

cyanide

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaslam » November 2, 2012 4:44am | Report
the DOT of your ulti is OP - 100 x 5 seconds? lol.. perhaps scale it down a bit, and make it an AOE effect around you (as you generate the heat) similar to Ion shell for example. Also make it composite damage - so it goes through BKB, but is reduced by both Armor and magic defense.
Also cast range will be a factor - the hero maybe OP, but if you make him Melee, with a 600 or so cast range on his skills, it sounds quite balanced. Your ulti can't make everyone slow - just the target I guess.

Everything else seems to be ok. 3rd skill seems a bit **** tbh - it sounds nice in an ideal world, but probably won't be practical (that skill will need a small AOE as well, or again, op - if you initiate, ideally; it should now be out of aoe range. So your allies will need to be right next to you to get the effects. (350 radius perhaps?) A big aoe on a skill like that would be crazy, especially if you are playing initiator/ganker/support.

I would also suggest ulti cd is too fast at level 3 - perhaps 90/ 70/ 50 would be more balanced. and if there is an aganihms? larger cast range? reduced cd to 30 then?

Stats: defo STR type, int/agi will need to be quite low - similar to bristleback, low start mana, but high gain.
22 +2.5
14 +1.5
16 +2.2 - essentially you need mana, but for one use only - you actually have very few casting skills with high cd.

The hero is not that OP - you actually don't have a disable.. tank with high damage out put. so you essentially force the team to fight you - similar to Centuar, but centuars attack is quite poor, it's his skills that scare people.

jaslam

Remarkable (21)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved