Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Manwe, The Lord of Wind

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Manwe, The Lord of Wind 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » December 6, 2014 6:22pm | Report
Eightfold wrote:

Why not use Morgoth/Melkor? Why make Manwe the bad guy? It's like turning Gandalf evil; it just doesn't work.

Don't lie, an evil Gandalf would be awesome.
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 6, 2014 10:23pm | Report
Scezory wrote:

Don't lie, an evil Gandalf would be awesome.

Because melkor or morgoth can't control the wind.

Manwe can.

Also even though manwe doe snot comprehend evil,I'm pretty sure he comprehends justice.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » December 8, 2014 4:05pm | Report
PokerKid wrote:

What ability should I replace then? Do you have any ideas?

Hmm... Give me a few hours and I'll manage to work out something.

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » December 8, 2014 4:34pm | Report
Alrighty, so first off you have Air Cutter which is a really great nuke and harass ability.

Air Rush is a good initiation skill.

And if we make Wall of the Wild Wind Manwe's ultimate that would make it an incredible zoning skill, with a few tweaks of course as I know this was not your original intention.

A nice combo I could see would be AIR RUSH (Initiation) >>> WALL OF THE WILD WIND (Teamfight and zoning) >>> AIR CUTTER (Nuke to pick off straglers.

So here is one idea.

Jetstream: Manwe shifts the planet's jetstream to a desireable direction. If an enemy attempts to move in the opposite direction of the jetstream they have their movement speed and attack speed lowered.

Duration: 4/5/6/7
Movement Slow: 40%
Attack Speed Slow: 40%
Cooldown: 30
Mana Cost: 150

Ability dimensions:
Jetstream length: 700
Jetstream width: 300
Cast Range: 400
Cast point: .5

Notes: So if their team is attempting to run in the opposite direction from you, you can throw down this ability forcing them to either turn and fight you which may result in a kill for you, or they can keep running which still poses the risk of them dying.. This combos fairly well with the rest of Manwe's abilities as well

I wrote this up in about 10 minutes so any critics on this skill would be greatly appreciated as well.

See yall 'round,

-BK :D

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PokerKid » December 8, 2014 9:46pm | Report
BKvoiceover wrote:

Alrighty, so first off you have Air Cutter which is a really great nuke and harass ability.

Air Rush is a good initiation skill.

And if we make Wall of the Wild Wind Manwe's ultimate that would make it an incredible zoning skill, with a few tweaks of course as I know this was not your original intention.

A nice combo I could see would be AIR RUSH (Initiation) >>> WALL OF THE WILD WIND (Teamfight and zoning) >>> AIR CUTTER (Nuke to pick off straglers.

So here is one idea.

Jetstream: Manwe shifts the planet's jetstream to a desireable direction. If an enemy attempts to move in the opposite direction of the jetstream they have their movement speed and attack speed lowered.

Duration: 4/5/6/7
Movement Slow: 40%
Attack Speed Slow: 40%
Cooldown: 30
Mana Cost: 150

Ability dimensions:
Jetstream length: 700
Jetstream width: 300
Cast Range: 400
Cast point: .5

Notes: So if their team is attempting to run in the opposite direction from you, you can throw down this ability forcing them to either turn and fight you which may result in a kill for you, or they can keep running which still poses the risk of them dying.. This combos fairly well with the rest of Manwe's abilities as well

I wrote this up in about 10 minutes so any critics on this skill would be greatly appreciated as well.

See yall 'round,

-BK :D

Hey, I have made it as an Ultimate for him. It immobilzes the enemies and blow them to the end of the jetstream. This skill can be paired with Black Hole, Wall of Replica, and more :3
"Better not.. Just because you don't know what's in it, and want to open Pandora's box, because if you know what's inside the box before you open it, it won't be interesting at all." -Kid

PokerKid

Notable (2)
Steam: PokerKid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » December 16, 2014 10:11pm | Report
Awesome, glad you found a good use for it. Glad you have found a good route to take this hero. Also welcome to the hero and ideas section :D

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved