Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Manwe, The Lord of Wind

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Manwe, The Lord of Wind 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PokerKid » December 5, 2014 8:47am | Report

Manwe, The Lord of Wind

Intro, Stats

Lore

Abilities

Voice Responses

Notes
"Better not.. Just because you don't know what's in it, and want to open Pandora's box, because if you know what's inside the box before you open it, it won't be interesting at all." -Kid

PokerKid

Notable (2)
Steam: PokerKid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 5, 2014 10:13am | Report
First skill: so,you are giving the hero 320 + 50*6 = 620 damage on a 11 second cooldown.It's crazy scaling man.

Second skill:Again, i consider "knockback duration" to be similar to Deafening Blast,it's quite alright.

Third skill:Meh.very high mana cost.

Ultimate:Now this is ****ing OP.Even the first skill is nothing in front of this skill.First of all, the duration of tornado is not defined.Also 3000 units is very VERY high.That is like 3 times Blink.And it does not end there.You can move in it? wow that is like -wtf mode tidehunter.

Verdict:whole hero needs explaination, the idea is rather lackluster in itself, but then, originals are hard to come by these days.

About the lore: I will write it for you.For a rare.Lol joking i'll post it in 5 minutes or so

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » December 5, 2014 10:41am | Report
The definition of godlike i presume.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 5, 2014 10:54am | Report
The hero will be renamed to: Manwe,The Lord of Winds (Tolkien rules)

The years passed as they always had,like the wind. Manwe didn't bother to meddle in the affairs of petty mortals,"let them quibble as they might,they are all but a mere quiver in the pattern that I [/b] have set.".But those days had long past. Manwe actually felt bored now.He had been observing this game between mortals for a long time."just a match,it will be fun"thought The lord of the winds.Saying these words manwe decended upon the battlefield ,promptly destroying all in his path and leading the way to victory.As he was returning to his heavenly abode,he slowly felt power slipping away from him.The trap of the ancients had slowly ebbed away his power,leaving him a mere reflection of the devastating force he used to be.

The vow that he took as he was falling to the ground,the vow of silence until he doles out justice to the sentient trees for his time that they have wasted."the last thing they will ever feel is the regret of having wronged a god.The last thing they will ever see is their own leaves are disintegrated into little specs of dust.They think they know despair?they will know despair when a hundred blades cut through the roots with which they hold on to the earth which they have enslaved."

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » December 5, 2014 12:28pm | Report
Air Cutter: A 620 damage nuke with an 11 second cooldown is REALLY strong to me. I would experiment with either keeping a static bleed duration and an increasing damage amount, or vice versa.

Air Rush This sounds like a fun skill just a couple questions. How fast do you reach the target area? And How far is the knockback distance on impact?

Wall of the Wild WindUm... I would almost make this his ultimate. it's a REALLY strong zoning skill, pretty much better than Wall of Replica. and a 300 damage 3 second stun? I would make this his ultimate and create a new replacement ability.

Hurricane I think Kody covered my the majority of my thoughts about the hero.

In my opinion, get rid of hurricane, make Wall of the Wild Wind his ultimate. Add some more information about his abilities.

Hope ya 'round mate,

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » December 5, 2014 1:49pm | Report
+Rep for the Tolkien reference KoDy
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » December 5, 2014 3:52pm | Report
(warning: tolkien nerd) But... But Manwe wasn't the type to randomly descend upon a battlefield unless he was being attacked. He wasn't the type to make random vows of revenge, either. This incarnation could almost be described as evil, which Manwe couldn't even comprehend.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PokerKid » December 6, 2014 2:34am | Report
Thanks for all these replies guys, I will be working on it. +Rep for all of you :)

BKvoiceover wrote:
In my opinion, get rid of hurricane, make Wall of the Wild Wind his ultimate. Add some more information about his abilities.

What ability should I replace then? Do you have any ideas?

KoDyAbAbA wrote:
The years passed as they always had,like the wind. Manwe didn't bother to meddle in the affairs of petty mortals,"let them quibble as they might,they are all but a mere quiver in the pattern that I [/b] have set.".But those days had long past. Manwe actually felt bored now.He had been observing this game between mortals for a long time."just a match,it will be fun"thought The lord of the winds.Saying these words manwe decended upon the battlefield ,promptly destroying all in his path and leading the way to victory.As he was returning to his heavenly abode,he slowly felt power slipping away from him.The trap of the ancients had slowly ebbed away his power,leaving him a mere reflection of the devastating force he used to be.

The vow that he took as he was falling to the ground,the vow of silence until he doles out justice to the sentient trees for his time that they have wasted."the last thing they will ever feel is the regret of having wronged a god.The last thing they will ever see is their own leaves are disintegrated into little specs of dust.They think they know despair?they will know despair when a hundred blades cut through the roots with which they hold on to the earth which they have enslaved."

Thanks! :D
"Better not.. Just because you don't know what's in it, and want to open Pandora's box, because if you know what's inside the box before you open it, it won't be interesting at all." -Kid

PokerKid

Notable (2)
Steam: PokerKid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 6, 2014 3:36am | Report
I get it.

Manwe is the representation of all that is good yada yada yada.

I like baddies.

Deal with it.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » December 6, 2014 3:51pm | Report
Why not use Morgoth/Melkor? Why make Manwe the bad guy? It's like turning Gandalf evil; it just doesn't work.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved