Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Luna Aghs Buff Idea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Luna Aghs Buff Idea 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » December 26, 2014 12:21pm | Report
Considering there isn't really a good reason to buy Aghanim's Scepter on Luna IMHO, and since I really like Luna, I thought it would be fun to try and come up with ideas that could make it a viable item on her in an average game. As of now, it only gives +1/2/3 beams (and the corresponding extra duration), as well as increasing the max beams on a single target.

Possibilities (Mix and match from the following):
-Makes it so that her ult continues even if she dies during the duration.
-In addition, if she dies during the duration, Selemene is angered and adds more beams and more duration to the ult.
-Gives the beams a targeting priority so that it hits any enemy heroes before it will hit creeps.
-Adds more beams/duration (+3-5 maybe, instead of +1-3).
-Gives each beam the mini-stun from Lucent Beam. (potentially very OP)
-Reduce cooldown by 10-20 seconds at each level.
-Give Luna unobstructed vision during the ult.

Thoughts?

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » December 26, 2014 1:12pm | Report
I think a cooldown reduction would be nice.

The continuation of the ult when she dies, is not something I would want to spend 4200 gold on, considering you don't really want to die in fights anyway, although you could get some "from the grave" revenge.

I would pay for the hero targeting priority for sure.

More beams is good.

The ministun would definitely be worthy of an aghs, but maybe reduce the stun duration or something? idk, seems good though.

Unobstructed vision is kinda good and meh at the same time.

She definitely needs some sort of ult buff to aghs, because currently I would 100% never buy it.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 26, 2014 2:09pm | Report
What about the fact that her ult instantly destroys illusion?

Or that it has a longer duration, changes day to night *which it does* and maybe she gets bonuses from her passive during the night?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 26, 2014 5:29pm | Report
Liked the mini stun but may be op.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » December 26, 2014 10:02pm | Report
TheSofa:
I am not sure where it says her ult instantly destroys illusions, and I was not aware that it did. If so, then it's quite a bit stronger situationally than I had thought, but that still doesn't make the Aghs worth buying on her in the average game. And yes, it does change day to night, which the base ultimate also does without Aghs. The only bonuses from her passive that applies at night specifically is the bonus night vision; the damage is there all the time.

Bunkan:
Yeah, usually you don't want to die when you use the ult, but I figured it'd be a nice side bonus for buying a 4200 gold item. I really like the revenge idea, but I'm not sure how it would be balanced, since you don't want to die (as we've established).

The unobstructed vision was mainly to get around the fact that the beams only hit enemies she can see; invisibility still saves you, but now fog wouldn't. :/ It's not great, but it's something.

Unscathed:
I agree, the ministun part is almost certainly too good, but it just seems like such a good aghs upgrade... :/

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThePipersSon » December 26, 2014 11:49pm | Report
My vote goes for the mini stuns it a very big upgrade for her ultimate but for a aghs it should upgrade a lot and that's what the mini stuns would do.

ThePipersSon

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 27, 2014 8:40am | Report
@CrazyTom

No... it doesn't now, but it would be nice :D
Sorry about the wording, my entire post was my ideas, not what it was.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 27, 2014 8:49am | Report
Sorry for the triple post, it wasn't intentional.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 27, 2014 9:37am | Report
Luna used to have mini-stuns on her ult, it absolutely rekt. For 4200g, I think the trade-off should be fine.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » December 27, 2014 6:25pm | Report
Make each beam an AoE nuke, like 100~200 radius, or give her unobstructed vision and unlimited numbers of beam as long as she didn't missed any beams, as well as increases its hit range, but 13th+ beams will deal reduced damage.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved