Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Katrinina, Lunar Assassin

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Katrinina, Lunar Assassin 57 posts - page 3 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 2, 2014 8:52am | Report
I like 'em as is. Farming doesn't seem to be an intrinsic part of this character since the vast majority of her effectiveness will come from her abilities. Besides, what is the base damage? If it's in mid 50s low 60s she'll be fine on farm. Especially with crit chance.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Azerevoli » July 2, 2014 12:03pm | Report

HELLOW

woa the Balanar wife obviously. is she carry ?

Moonlight Shroud - passive invisible during night time pretty cool its like mix of nightstalker and riki passive. wait is that 8 or 0.8 second blindness at lvl 4 ?. 0 blind range is to much i think, since literally you cant see nothing even your own b*tt. you cant even click anything. but if that was 0.8 i think it should be fine.

Lunar Rain - cooldown ?, 10 second for 400 damage is quite lousy, i will assume it a farming skill thou, and is it chaneling or not ?

Moonlit Steps - well umm scouting skill

Aria of the Moon - idk its like NS ult with half night duration. the cooldown way to long for just a half duration night and the mana cost holy sheep she wont be able to effort it as an agility hero

Phosphorescent Blades - free MKB and crystalis with weaker damage. pretty balance.

Lunar Surge - i dont really understand how the skill works does it travel like Queen of Pain Ultimate with faster travel speed and range ? (you need to add area on description and how far its travel) the damage is ok.

ok i noticed she had 6 abilities i've read comment above. ill suggest you to make moonlit steps as her sub abilities since it less useful and only work at night. or maybe you could just skip moonlight steps and make aria of the moon more reliable skill by reducing its cooldown (around 30-60) and manacost drasticly but cuts the night time much shorter just 10-20 second duration as the expense

sory my english is sux holy sheep ! i hope you understand :D

Azerevoli

Notable (1)
Steam: אזר (Muted)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 2, 2014 12:26pm | Report
Azerevoli wrote:

HELLOW

woa the Balanar wife obviously. is she carry ?

Moonlight Shroud - passive invisible during night time pretty cool its like mix of nightstalker and riki passive. wait is that 8 or 0.8 second blindness at lvl 4 ?. 0 blind range is to much i think, since literally you cant see nothing even your own b*tt. you cant even click anything. but if that was 0.8 i think it should be fine.

Lunar Rain - cooldown ?, 10 second for 400 damage is quite lousy, i will assume it a farming skill thou, and is it chaneling or not ?

Moonlit Steps - well umm scouting skill

Aria of the Moon - idk its like NS ult with half night duration. the cooldown way to long for just a half duration night and the mana cost holy sheep she wont be able to effort it as an agility hero

Phosphorescent Blades - free MKB and crystalis with weaker damage. pretty balance.

Lunar Surge - i dont really understand how the skill works does it travel like Queen of Pain Ultimate with faster travel speed and range ? (you need to add area on description and how far its travel) the damage is ok.

ok i noticed she had 7 abilities i've read comment above. ill suggest you to make moonlit steps as her sub abilities since it less useful and only work at night. or maybe you could just skip moonlight steps and make aria of the moon more reliable skill by reducing its cooldown (around 30-60) and manacost drasticly but cuts the night time much shorter just 10-20 second duration as the expense

sory my english is sux holy sheep ! i hope you understand :D

I do understand your English and thanks for the help! Moonlight shroud blind only lasts for 0.8. Lunar rain isn't channelled. The reason Aria of the Moon has such a long cool-down is because night last for 8 mins, half being 4. If the cool-down were to last less than four minutes, you would be able to make it constantly night as you can just use the skill whenever night ends. Lunar surge travels along the entire lane that it is cast on, for example if cast on mid it would travel all the way to the enemy towers. (admittedly a weird skill but I wanted it to be pretty different.) As for reducing amount of skills I'm not sure whether I want to mess around with them any more, would make it confusing for me and anyone who views it as it would get quite muddled up. Thanks so much for the help and if any of this changed your thoughts on her skills let me know. Anything you think should be changed also let me know. Thanks!

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 2, 2014 12:30pm | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

I like 'em as is. Farming doesn't seem to be an intrinsic part of this character since the vast majority of her effectiveness will come from her abilities. Besides, what is the base damage? If it's in mid 50s low 60s she'll be fine on farm. Especially with crit chance.

I'd say around 59 base attack?

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 2, 2014 12:40pm | Report
Which part of this is the assassin part?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 2, 2014 12:55pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Which part of this is the assassin part?

Invisibility at night time, plus bonus damage if you attack while invis.

Plus a passive with crit chance.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 2, 2014 1:01pm | Report
Ok... so like Riki

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 2, 2014 1:04pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Ok... so like Riki

Similar yes. But with a few magic spells and such to make her a little more interesting (for me personally :)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 2, 2014 1:04pm | Report
ok XD

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 2, 2014 2:18pm | Report
Plus she's a female DotA hero...

So she got boobs. Large ones and many.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved