Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Katrinina, Lunar Assassin

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Katrinina, Lunar Assassin 57 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 2, 2014 6:05am | Report
Criticisms Welcome!

Katrinina, Lunar Assassin
Katrinina is a hired assassin, stalking her foes only when the clock strikes midnight. Harnessing lunar powers with her blade she can cast fantastic magic and shroud herself from the moonlight. Having persuaded her with a large sack of coins she joins the Dire, only in it for the money.
Attributes:
Health: 495
Mana: 280
Strength: 19
Agility: 22 (Primary Attribute!)
Intelligence: 17
Movement Speed: 295
Armour: 2.5

Moonlight Shroud, (Passive)
Katrinina has learnt to meld with the moon, becoming invisible only when the moon is full. If Katrinina breaks the shroud by attacking she momentarily reduces the target's vision to 0. Deals damage upon breaking invisibility.
Damage: 150%/175%/200%/225%
Blindness duration: .5/.6/.7/.8
Duration until invisibility comes back: 4

Lunar Rain, (AoE) (Self)
Katrinina showers the area around her with small lunar energy dealing damage per second. Does not break invisibility.
Duration: 10
Radius: 750
Damage per second: 20/25/30/40
Mana: 100/120/130/150

Moonlit Steps, (Passive)
Katrinina provides vision to the path that she walks, which lasts a medium duratiom. Only works during the night.
Radius: 550
Duration: 5/10/15/20

Aria of the Moon,
Katrinina recites the Aria of the moon, instantly skipping to nighttime. Nighttime will last half as long if it has been reached via Aria of the moon.
Cooldown: 400/380/360/340 Mana: 200/250/275/300

Phosphorescent Blades, (Passive)
Katrinina's blades have absorbed so much moonlight that they have a chance to stun and deal bonus damage
Crit Damage: 130%/140%/145%/150%
Ministun 0.2/0.3/0.3/0.4
Chance: 20%/25%/25%/30%

Lunar Surge, (Lane) (Ult) <- Does this deal too much damage? Please let me know :)
Katrinina releases a surge of lunar energy that deals huge damage to all enemies on the lane that it is released on. Deals 1.5x as much damage during nightime. It also blinds all enemy heroes for a short duration.
Blindness sight: 400/350/300
Blindness duration: 1.5/2/2.5
Damage: 250/300/400 (scepter 450) (1.5x if night)
Mana: 200/250/350 Cooldown: 120/100/75

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 2, 2014 6:13am | Report
The 2x as much in night seems a bit OP. I don't know. But anyway, I think the duration on moonlit steps should be 10. However if you're going to do it like a conventional passive you could do 5/10/15/20.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 2, 2014 6:17am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

The 2x as much in night seems a bit OP. I don't know. But anyway, I think the duration on moonlit steps should be 10. However if you're going to do it like a conventional passive you could do 5/10/15/20.

Thanks, I changed the duration for the Moonlit Steps, I forgot to make it scale lol. So should I keep the 2x damage but reduce the amount it does or change it to something like 1.5x?

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 2, 2014 6:22am | Report
I would go 1.5 or something. Maybe a short silence or something too. I tend towards ults with multiple effects.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 2, 2014 6:25am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

I would go 1.5 or something. Maybe a short silence or something too. I tend towards ults with multiple effects.

I added a short blindness, is it too long? Maybe 2.5 max or something.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » July 2, 2014 6:29am | Report
This hero is extremely useful, but only at night, and even then it's still not so useful due to lack of damage (aside from her ulti), so I'm a bit sceptical about this idea.

EDIT:
Like kkoopman3 said, probably should add a silence to the 1st skill.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 2, 2014 6:32am | Report
Yeah. 2 secs is a long time in DotA I suggest reducing the vision to... 200 or 300 so they at least know where attacks are coming from. Sorry if I'm imposing to much of my opinion on you. I can stop if you want.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 2, 2014 6:37am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

Yeah. 2 secs is a long time in DotA I suggest reducing the vision to... 200 or 300 so they at least know where attacks are coming from. Sorry if I'm imposing to much of my opinion on you. I can stop if you want.

I increased the amount of vision you have if blind. And I like hearing what other people say, so no problem.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 2, 2014 6:39am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

This hero is extremely useful, but only at night, and even then it's still not so useful due to lack of damage (aside from her ulti), so I'm a bit sceptical about this idea.

EDIT:
Like kkoopman3 said, probably should add a silence to the 1st skill.

I increased damage dealt with the first passive. But what do you suggest? Should I add another damaging ability that can be used in the day? It's quite difficult making a hero that is based around nighttime.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 2, 2014 6:43am | Report
I like the nighttime theme. If you were to add an additional passive I think it would have to be just a conventional permanent 24 hour passive since the entire hero is based around the night.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved