Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item Idea : Scepter of Mana

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Item Idea : Scepter of Mana 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » September 20, 2014 4:25pm | Report
Recipe : Ring of Basilius / Magic Wand / Recipe (800)
Total Cost : 1800
Passive: For every creep in a 1000 unit radius gain 0.5 mana regeneration. For every hero gain 2.0
Active: Gives an allied hero mana regeneration equal to 150% of your own for 20 seconds. Includes mana regeneration from other items and abilities. Has 10 charges with a 3 second cool down

I think this would make a great and relatively cheap support item as well as having another use for magic wand. Possibly another it's that is identical to this one that uses a headress rather than ring and gives HP regen?

Please give feedback, negative feedback will be ignored.
Mood of the Day

T_T

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » September 21, 2014 4:59am | Report
5 seconds seems a bit underpowered actually. Let's say there are 10 creeps in the area counting enemies and allies, and that there are a standard three other heroes in the lane. Assuming they're all in the 500 radius (which I doubt), this comes to 6 mana regen. For 5 seconds? That's 30 mana. Not really all that much. I suggest that you increase the duration of the active to around 20 or 30 seconds or increase the amount of mana regen that you get (I prefer the latter. 2100 gold for 6 mana regen really isn't worth it).

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 21, 2014 5:03am | Report
kpoop got a point. An aura witha little bit of a rework is better I think.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » September 21, 2014 5:16am | Report
Idea is nice but it's not really a support item, more like an item for a Storm Spirit with triple Bloodstone ^^
Support heroes have horrible mana regen usually, Crystal Maiden is the only exception.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » September 21, 2014 5:16am | Report
First of all I kind of like the concept but I think it's quite underpowered. I think you should make it a lot cheaper and/or modify the build up and stats and active. I would consider it as an item a bit like Urn of Shadows, an item easy to build and aimed for supports and gankers. I think its stats and active are underpowered for the cost as unless you have a Bottle, you will not really be transferring that much mana. Second problem for me is the fact that it will replace Magic Wand which gives you the ability to instantly heal up to 225 mana and hp. I would say make it cost at maximum 1000 gold and give it some more stats, as for now it takes you off the +3 all attributes and +2 armour. Also I think you should change the Magic Wand to something else as it is a really great item.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » September 21, 2014 9:23am | Report
Magic Wand is a great item Seagull, but I think it really drops off in the late game and I would like to see it be see for something at least.
Mood of the Day

T_T

Blubbles

Notable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » September 21, 2014 9:29am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Support heroes have horrible mana regen usually, Crystal Maiden is the only exception.

Yes, that is the point, so supports get more mana regen
Mood of the Day

T_T

Blubbles

Notable (13)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved