Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Hero Idea] Shifty the Marketeer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » [Hero Idea] Shifty the Marketeer 21 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 23, 2013 2:55am | Report

@xCO2

This is a hard support...
Btw , lets remove luna we have female human heroes already! Bad point (geomancer )

Yes blocks stacking camps , Usefull for a quick gank on a jungler if you can organise your team.

I understood what you were going for in a hero, and I'm just letting you know it has a very lack-luster synergy. Cool, he can ward and heal, but he's a support who requires gold to coincide with his abilities, and that alone is just bad. You go even further away from the role with a Chemical Rage-esque ULT, that as with the other abilities uses gold. Never mind a hard support, even a second tier support has to be generally gold-independant. I also found no use for a support with invis, if only to scout, he has disable and no nuke. The very best that this hero can contribute to as a support is a Tri-lane, and he'd still have to purchase wards for rune control.

I believe you could remake this hero as a sort of semi-carry, the invis is great for invading and rune control, and it synergizes with the Walls Have Eyes ability in that you can use enemy jungle creeps. Then, of course, you have your ultimate that buffs his auto-attacking potential. You'd really just need a stun/disable or nuke to make this hero and effective off-laner or ganker/invader.

Comparing a gender to a very specific class is very far of a stretch, what if we had two Doom Bringers or two Lifestealers? Its just not very creative, and I think you could come up with a better back-bone to the hero. It'd make more sense if he was the same race as Alch than a Geomancer, which is a class not a race.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 23, 2013 11:27am | Report
as a twist, you should make him an eskimo, because there arent any eskimo heros atm

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » February 24, 2013 2:09am | Report
LoL ...
    Firefly is more than a ability >:D
    5 Invis kills on templar assassin :P (Batrider's Concoction)
    Play whats fun... Get into the hero's mindset.... Thats all the guide u need!

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Steam: cojazz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by daPhongster » February 24, 2013 4:26pm | Report
His heal is the skill that doesn't fit his theme of money and doesn't synergize with anything else. Change it to a CC that somehow has something to do with money.
My idea is that it would be an AoE slow. It would put a buff on all allies and enemy heroes; allies with the buff can attack enemies with the buff to steal gold per hit for a few seconds.

His ultimate also has little to do with theme. It doesn't synergize particularly well, but it doesn't seem completely random.
I'd give the golem an aura so he would be able to help the team, and maybe the aura has something to do with money?

daPhongster

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » February 26, 2013 10:35am | Report
Portable nerfed goblins greed anyone?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » February 26, 2013 11:00am | Report
Added new ulti and 3rd ability was changed as demanded!
He will remain a geomancer since he isn't going to be like Meepo and if biography is ignored that info is unknown...

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 26, 2013 11:19am | Report
Geomancer is a freaking class,not a population type.There is only one geomancer.He's a Kobold,or whatever meepo is.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » February 26, 2013 11:27am | Report
A class... I see editor... A geomancer is a species of ... well Im not sure then , Let's make him a hobbit shall we?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 26, 2013 12:55pm | Report
mage is a class too, and theres multiple mages in this game

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 26, 2013 4:45pm | Report
CaptKnuckles wrote:

mage is a class too, and theres multiple mages in this game

Yes, and Geomancer is a type of Mage, a very specific type, there's not a single hero that has its proper class the same as another in Dota. Each character in the game is a hero, a well known champion of specifics, not some bland general mock-up.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved