Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Hero Idea] Shifty the Marketeer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » [Hero Idea] Shifty the Marketeer 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » February 19, 2013 6:48am | Report
Entire explination:http://www.mediafire.com/view/?3etjb32gvxmp37c
NOTE: THE IMAGE OF THE HERO IN THE ABOVE LINK IS ONLY THERE SINCE HE IS A HOBBIT AND I CAN'T DRAW! PLEASE HELP GET SHIFTY A PICTURE !!
NOTE2: ULTI TOO LONG EXPLANATION TO FIT IN THERE!! READ THAT HERE :D
^^^ Basic stuff bout him!

Basically who Shifty is:

Shifty is a melee agility hero who has NO damage spells... Okay sounds bad right? Except... Shifty is massively item dependant and Heck does he farm like mad! Basically... And he even gets his own shop!!! :D
With Bribery , Thievi'n Tricks and a portable shop shack he is ready to support any team!!!

Backstory:

Shifty was a hobbit like being lost in the unknown... Banished by the other dwarves and hobbits he seeked refuge in small towns.
He befriended a thief that taught him the ways of the black market. Travelling was Shifty's life. Until he found
his real family captured by authorities. He went to his thief friend. THe theif took him under his wing and
learnt him how to dissipear from sight. Shifty swiftly glided over walls and went to the dungeon. A few
bribes and his parents were free! They were reached their home when a mighty warrior kidnapped Shifty , Now
Shifty has to support in an epic battle to escape a death sentance!

Abilities:

Q: Silent SellerToggle: 200 Mana use upon activation
Fade: for 5 seconds after reappearing Shifty cannot attack!
Rends shifty completely invisible! This Sneaky Geomancer has mastered the arts of dissipearance and stealth!

W: Walls have eyes...
Shifty pays locals to be his eyes and ears!once used on a neutral creep you will gain vision of what they see AND they gain x2/x3/x3.5 Increased vision

ManaCost= 75/80/75
Goldcost= 50/40/20
Cooldown= 20
Duration= 30/40/40
Max hired locals= 3/4/6

E:Greed is good!!!Once activated the target ally unit will gain 25% more gold for 25 seconds along with +7 regen
If activated on an enemy they will recieve 50% slow and 1/2/3/4 gold drained per second over the duration
Cooldown:40/45/50
Mana cost: 100/150/200

R: Blackmarket TradingPassive:
Level 1:Shifty can sell a item for the entire amount of which it was worth
(instead of only getting back 75 gold for healing salve you get 100)
Shifty pays 5% less on all items
Level 2:25% chance to steal 10 gold on hit

Goldsteal cooldown: 20seconds (Works like spirit breaker's 3rd ability)
Selling a item at full price only works on items under 2000 cost in gold until level 3.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks for reading! Please leave feedback :D
    Firefly is more than a ability >:D
    5 Invis kills on templar assassin :P (Batrider's Concoction)
    Play whats fun... Get into the hero's mindset.... Thats all the guide u need!

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Steam: cojazz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » February 19, 2013 12:25pm | Report
His first spell looks cool. My only flaw is if there was a mechanic to prevent true sight were would it end, many new heros could get that. old heros could get it. the spell is balance but the options it opens are not balanced.

His better business looks kind of useless, I mean that is what couriers are for.

Theivin looks like an ability were if you are bad it helps and if you are good it does not. It might have a use in a hard solo lane but as a Farmed cary you should be last hitting 70% of the creeps anyway.

His ultimate is broken, OP, IMBA, Drow tier. The ability to prevent the other cary from attacking you for 40 sec is crazy. All you ahve to do is spend all your gold and you lose nothing.

It is an cool idea but I fell like this hero can not use it abilities (other than its ultimate) to there fullest at once.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » February 19, 2013 8:47pm | Report
Mirror wrote:

His first spell looks cool. My only flaw is if there was a mechanic to prevent true sight were would it end, many new heros could get that. old heros could get it. the spell is balance but the options it opens are not balanced.

His better business looks kind of useless, I mean that is what couriers are for.

Theivin looks like an ability were if you are bad it helps and if you are good it does not. It might have a use in a hard solo lane but as a Farmed cary you should be last hitting 70% of the creeps anyway.

His ultimate is broken, OP, IMBA, Drow tier. The ability to prevent the other cary from attacking you for 40 sec is crazy. All you ahve to do is spend all your gold and you lose nothing.

It is an cool idea but I fell like this hero can not use it abilities (other than its ultimate) to there fullest at once.

Updated! Thanks for suggestions :D

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » February 20, 2013 10:57am | Report
Wow, I like the update. I would play this hero just for his "walls have eyes". Although If I were playing him I would leave it at level 1 to pay less gold.

Was it on purpose that you can get gang life earlier than ever other ultimate?

Other than that I can not wait to see this hero in the game ;)
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 20, 2013 3:13pm | Report
i feel like stealing half the other player's gold is a little op, but i like everything besides that (imagine fighting someone who has that, you would never have enough money to buy anything)

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » February 20, 2013 8:52pm | Report
#2 Update

-Ulti is now only available 1 level earlier then usual since without it he might be a bit too squishy.

-Secret seller:
|Half gold steal removed

Other notes:
|All gold costs have been drastically lowered for obvious reasons...

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 21, 2013 9:00pm | Report
Righteous. You've got my vote now (idk if my vote counts for anything, but you have it) :D

*High five!*

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » February 22, 2013 5:20am | Report
TY :D

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 22, 2013 5:29am | Report
TBH, I don't like the design or the kit you're suggesting. We already have a Geomancer, Meepo. I just think in general, his skills have no synergy, and are a bit lack-luster.

I will give you this though, the Walls Have Eyes ability is very creative, and would be a very good skill to implement in another hero. I take it that it would block stacking camps?

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » February 22, 2013 11:36pm | Report
@xCO2

This is a hard support...
Btw , lets remove luna we have female human heroes already! Bad point (geomancer )

Yes blocks stacking camps , Usefull for a quick gank on a jungler if you can organise your team.

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved