Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero Idea - Necromancer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hero Idea - Necromancer 30 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 14, 2013 12:29pm | Report
A Necromancer would be a cool hero to play as. If you don't believe me, go to the jungle and make the Dark Troll Warlord your friend and play as him (its pretty entertaining).
I posted this hero idea because there aren't really any heros who focus on their summons, most of them just summon their pet(s) and have them follow them around when in battle, letting them take all of the incoming damage while the hero does the bulk of the attacking, the necromancer would have power in numbers allowing him to use tactics such as flanking, distracting, and etc. having his main focus being his summons, not himself. And his weapon of choice will be... you guessed it, the Necronomican.
(NOTE: the skeletons should look different depending on what level Raise Dead is currently at)
The explanation was updated

APPEARANCE DESCRIPTION
For how he would look, I'm sort of picturing a tall thin guy with a long black/dark blue occultist robe on (with the hood up and the rest long enough to not see his feet and barely see the shape of his hands), wearing a full faced bone-like masquerade (or doctor) mask, with two large curved bone spikes (like the spike on a deer antler, but much larger/thicker/bone-colored), one coming out of each shoulder blade, with black smoke flowing out of his sleeves and the bottom of his robe, and a small leather stringed necklace with an iron medallion of a star with a circle around it (or something that would look similar to a necromancer symbol).

For his movements; how I'm picturing him, he would be hunched over while running and sort of letting his arms dangle when hes running (so they would flow behind him), when he is still he would have his arms dangling his side and still be partially hunched over (but not nearly as much), and when attacking, he would lift one of his arms forward (with the other one still dangling (he could switch arms every now and then while attacking))and a beam of smoke (like a ball of smoke with a decently long trail) would fly out at whoever he is attacking

COOL CATCH PHRASES HE COULD HAVE
I can feel death in the air
I'll stride on over
The fallen need to slumber... SYKE! (crazy laughing)
I'm going to kill you, then bring you back, then have you killed again!
Simon says... wake up!

I used this link for the page layout http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1087551

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 14, 2013 12:43pm | Report
Remove the current ultimate, too much pushing power, and the ability to essentially micro box enemy heroes. Grave digger should be an ultimate and time based, and an AoE active not a percentile chance passive.

Calcified Bones should be a passive upgrade that comes with Raise dead.

You need to provide: attack animation time / projectile speed / base movement speed / base damage / base stats / stat gain / proper name - class name

How exactly would he/she be a jungler, how many minions per corpse...etc. I don't get where you would have a carry out of this, essentially it seems like an Enima-esque hero.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » February 14, 2013 12:56pm | Report
He has 5 abilities? And the ultimate isn't that bad if its on a long cool down.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 14, 2013 2:09pm | Report
you guys are thinking that the ultimate is better than it would actually be, bodies usually disappear within like 5 seconds, so yes it would be good, but not that great of a ultimate, and the skeletons would probably be similar(but a bit stronger) to mega creeps when fully upgraded

grave digger would start at something like 5 percent, then 10 then 15 then 20%, and the skeletons wouldn't be able to resurrect enemies as minions, so its not really an ultimate at all(and if it were time based, that would make it too good, because then there is a 100% chance of summoning a minion)

if calcified bones were mixed with raise dead it would be a little op, spell resistance would make the minions much better, so having it as 2 separate abilities would sort of nerf it

you would be able to jungle with him because there isn't a limit on the total amount of minions you could get (but they would have a lifetime limit (like spiderlings and etc(use the Dark Troll Warlord(hes a jungle guy), and you'll understand what raise dead does))), so you could kill creeps and then go to the jungle with your minions and kill the jungle creeps. (also yes, it is 1 minion per corpse, lol why would it be 2?)

and he is partially similar to Enigma because he can summon (so can other heros), but the Necromancer's main thing would be sort of like a micro-management thing (other heros are like that, but not nearly as much as the Necromancer would be)

and i don't have all the stats and stuff because i'm not that good with numbers, the main reason for posting this, is i feel like a summoning character would be fun to play as(I like starcraft and etc)

Also Atlas, a handful of heros have more than 4 decent abilities

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » February 14, 2013 3:14pm | Report
Other than invoker who cannot gain stats every hero can level up 15 abilities. Taking that into account I think you should change Calcified Bones to a passive component of his ultiment. How would this be a cary? Its only % is the magic residence for the minions. Late game heavy AoE nukers and heros with cleave would make this guy useless. What this hero looks like is same push as brood but less cary.

For a hero that summons I think it would be kind of cool if there was a hero that had three abilities that summon three different creatures with a team fight ulti
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 14, 2013 10:49pm | Report
He would be better for later on in the game, because he would sort of force the other team to defend rather than be on offence (at the start his minions would be a little weak compared to creeps), and i put calcified bones and blood moon because they are 2 different things, one is passive, and the other is an ultimate (the ultimate would only have one square under it, and calcified bones would have 3, so it would basically be the same as all other heros). Also yes people with cleave would end up being a problem, but with being able to control the minions someone good with him would have to use strategy and do things like flank those without it and etc by micromanaging, and the people with cleave aren't usually strong enough to kill mega creeps in one hit until very very late in the game, so they would still do some damage (I'm using mega creeps as an example, because as i stated in my previous comment a fully upgraded minion would be like a mega creep, but a bit stronger/tougher/more resistant)

On another note, do you mean like the brew master? Or like the necronomican? because the necronomican would be the necromancers item of choice

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » February 15, 2013 4:26pm | Report
yeah, I walk talking about brew sry for not being clear.

Why is he an intelligence cary? The reason Agility carries are so good is getting agility gives them damage and attack speed, therefor you would be behind agents late game carries. How large is his second skill, Is it like Leshracks first skill AoE or like ravage?

The problem I still see with him is AoE nukes like beast master, Keeper, Jakiro, Lina, Tiny and lastly his hard counter

EARTH SHAKER!
BASE AND TREMBLE!
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 15, 2013 6:29pm | Report
He'd be an intelligence based hero because his spells would cost a lot of mana, and the more skeletons you have summoned, the better. He is a carry, because once he gets all of his skills, then he becomes way better. His second skill would be a select hero ability, and it would only stun one guy. Also you can choose what the minions do, so you can syke people out with them by doing things like sending in a small wave, then a large wave after the guy you're attacking uses their mana on the first one, it would basically add in more of a strategy type of thing to the gameplay. (also some people are really good against other people, and he is ranged too, so while his minions are surrounding the enemy, he can attack them too)

CaptKnuckles

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » February 19, 2013 8:09am | Report
http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1087551

^^^
Tool to upgrade this post :D!!! Just link it , Would love to see it!!!

Heres my example: LINK COMING SOON (Technical difficulties)
    Firefly is more than a ability >:D
    5 Invis kills on templar assassin :P (Batrider's Concoction)
    Play whats fun... Get into the hero's mindset.... Thats all the guide u need!

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Steam: cojazz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptKnuckles » February 19, 2013 11:30am | Report
Thanks for suggesting that, I'm uploading it now, but to view it you need to download it, I'm pretty sure it will work (just open it and click the internet icon thingy and it should go to the finished page)

I added the download at the beginning of the thread

(If it doesn't work, please let me know)

CaptKnuckles

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved