Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hermes, The Messenger (Collective Hero Idea)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Hermes, The Messenger (Collective Hero Idea) 30 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » July 5, 2014 6:20pm | Report

Hermes, The Messenger

This idea here is created collectively with the ideas from TheSofa, ThreadOfFate, Porygon361, Bunkansee and I. The base idea was originally from TheSofa and I do not claim this hero for being mine for I am merely in charge of minor balancing and publishing it.

Lore:
Hermes. Messenger of the gods, and fastest being alive. His winged boots a symbol of his nigh omnipresent speed, bringing every important item or letter between the gods. He had never failed in his job. Until one day...

Hermes had received a letter to be delivered to Zeus, with maximum priority on it. Hermes grabbed his trusty Caduceus and set off, his very being blurring at the speed. When he finally reached Zeus' temple, he saw... Nothing. Zeus had been sent to the mortal realm by Hera and the letter was now impossible to deliver unless Hermes did the same. It didn't matter. He had never failed before, and he won't let it be his first! (I changed some words in the lore, if you don't mind.

Statistics

Faction: The Radiant
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Attack Type: Range
Roles: Support

Str: 64 at 25 (16+ 2.0/level)
Agi: 71 at 82 (18+ 2.2/level)
Int: 85 at 25 (20 + 2.7/level)

Health: 1366 at 25
MP: 1105 at 25
Armor: 12.1 (2 base armor + 10.1) at 25
Movement: 330
Range: 550

Skills

[] Hermes's Messenger: Hermes summons his trusty snake that helps him carry his items and scout the area. The snake will be summoned automatically to the base when Hermes levels this skill. With every level in this skill, the snake receives one new skill. The snake(s) cannot attack and is flying unit.

- Speed Burst (50% boost of move speed for a duration, break the speed cap)
-Divine Protection (Total Invulnerability for 10 seconds)
-Invisible twin (Passive, makes an additional courier and both of them receive permanent invisibility. The additional courier has same skills with original one)
-Magical Transport (Passive, Gives half of the effect of the item in inventory to corresponding heroes. The transported effects are only base status, armor, HP/MP or damage. Any speed or additional effects are not counted)

Type: Passive
Affects: None

Respawn Timer: 480/360/240/120 seconds
Bounty: 150/125/100/75
Snake Speed: 375/425/475/522
Snake HP: 150/225/300/375
Snake Vision: 550/700/850/1000 (both in night or day)

[W] Teleport Jump: Hermes teleports to target friendly unit (creeps and heroes alike) after a short cast time, slowing all enemy units within 900 points radius while increasing the speed of all allied units within that radius by half amount.

- 4.25 seconds cast time, 25% slow and 2.5 seconds duration
- 3.5 seconds cast time, 30% slow and 3 seconds duration
- 2.75 seconds cast time, 35% slow and 3.5 seconds duration
- 2 seconds cast time, 40% slow and 4 seconds duration

Type: Target Unit (or Point, selected automatically)
Affects: Self, All units

MP Cost: 100/120/140/160
Cooldown: 30 seconds

[E] Oblivious Memoirs: Hermes cleans all the memories of any heroes around him, including himself. This skill removes all debuff from friendly heroes and removes all buffs to enemy units within certain radius from him. This skill is channeling, within that channel and radius no allied units can be debuffed or any enemy units can be buffed. However, once the channeling end, all buffs and debuffs are reapplied with refreshed duration. Acts similarly to purge, meaning that every debuff that is removable by purge is removable by this spell, and debuff that are not cannot be removed by this spell.

- 3 seconds max, 600 points radius
- 5 seconds max, 700 points radius
- 6 seconds max, 900 points radius
- 8 seconds max, 1000 points radius

Type: No Target, Channeling
MP Cost: 30 per second

[R] Blessing of Caduceus: The rod of caduceus is so strong that it transcends limit of the livings. Hermes prevents nearby allied heroes from going below 25% health. If an affected ally has less than 25% health, it receives additional health regeneration until it reaches that amount. Hermes himself is not affected by his ultimate. Any unit that goes out of the radius will lose the buff, but is received again if they move into the radius.

- 500 points radius, 5 seconds duration, 3% max HP regen
- 650 points radius, 6 seconds duration, 4% max HP regen
- 800 points radius, 7 seconds duration, 5% max HP regen

Type: No Target
Affect: Allied Heroes

MP Cost: 225/300/375
Cooldown: 150 seconds
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » July 5, 2014 6:23pm | Report
IT'S HERE! IT'S FINALLY HERE :D!

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 5, 2014 6:25pm | Report
YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!
#TeamworkMakesTheDreamWork

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » July 5, 2014 6:33pm | Report
Hehehehheheheh

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 6, 2014 8:52am | Report
We should show this to Hades

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » July 6, 2014 9:05am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

We should show this to Hades

Probably. Get this shiz stickied xD (jk)

The problem is... All the people who usually comment n heroes actually MADE this in the first place...

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 6, 2014 9:06am | Report
kkoopman?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » July 6, 2014 9:08am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

kkoopman?

I mean in general the people who almost ALWAYS comment on new heroes, but yes I did forget kkoopman.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 6, 2014 2:03pm | Report
Oh.. I see how it is. Harumph. Anyways, the hero looks really good guys. I see no need to comment as you guys have already done the editing collectively. Again, great job!

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » July 6, 2014 2:04pm | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

Oh.. I see how it is. Harumph. Anyways, the hero looks really good guys. I see no need to comment as you guys have already done the editing collectively. Again, great job!

I'm sorreh D:

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved