Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forge of Creation #1 Entries !

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Forge of Creation #1 Entries ! 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 23, 2014 3:24am | Report

RULES

• Everybody must comply on the current theme set
  • There can only be one hero idea per submission
  • It is not possible to post just item idea
  • Nobody can vote for his/her own idea
  • Additional account creation is forbidden for vote
  • Previous winner must come out with the next theme
  • All poll will be taken by one host (we will decide) in his/her thread in one time
  • All the ideas will be posted in the host's thread, and any personal thread before or after is not counted
  • To be posted in the host's thread, one must PM the host in the allocated time (2 weeks after the theme is announced)
  • Each participant must rate each participant's hero / item idea

RATING

Each hero has "marking guidelines", based on which you'll be able to rate the hero. The categories are :
  • Balance - How balanced the hero is
  • Originality - How original the hero is
  • In - Game usability : Could it be used in game properly?
  • Lore - Background story of the hero

Each category can be rated with a grade from 1 to 10, with 1 being lowest and 10 being highest.

With this, I give you this month's theme chosen by Yzreel:

STAR

This thread will stay open for 2 weeks, enough time for each participant to submit their entry. Once the time limit is reached, participants will be able to rate each other's hero ideas.

Participant list :
  • porygon361 --
  • F.E.A.R.0 --
  • Bunkansee --
  • Yzreel --
  • ThreadOfFate --
  • TheSofa
  • kkoopman3 --
  • Wulfstan --
  • SilencersCurse --
  • Zerak Kyria
  • Terathiel --
  • Ninecent --
  • oldKainen --
  • Powergoat --
  • Unscathed --

P.S :
  • To sign up, just PM me.
  • You just PM me about signing up, not actually sending me your whole hero idea.
  • Keep the thread clean (no posts off topic, for any further questions, again, PM me.
  • Read the rules before asking anything, they might answer some of your questions.
  • Everyone with a double dotted line next to their name have already posted their idea in this thread.

SIGN-UP CLOSED

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 23, 2014 5:27am | Report

Alleria, the Mistress of the Stars

High in the sky, high in space sits a large glistening temple. Inside the temple are countless tiny stars and a royal throne. Atop the throne sits Alleria, the Misterss of the Stars. From her throne she can see all across the universe, she can predict when stars will die and when stars will be born anew, but a disturbance on a far planet has been worrying her for days, a battle is brewing which could disturb the alignment of the stars. Alleria joins the Radiant side in the battle of the ancients, because if Dire receive their powers, the universe could be in peril.
Attributes:
Health: 501
Mana: 260
Strength: 20
Agility: 18
Intelligence: 21
Armour: 2
Movement Speed: 305
Alleria is a ranged intelligence hero who excels at keeping foes at bay in lane, thus she is a great support. She has 2 stunning abilities, a small but handy healing ability and a devastating ultimate which can change the tide of battle if pulled off correctly.

Q) Luminous Flare:
Alleria launches a bright flare at an enemy, which stuns them and deals moderate damage.
Alleria can draw power from the stars, conjuring up bright bolts of energy to strike down foes.
Stun Duration: 1.4/1.5/1.6/1.7
Damage: 100/125/150/200
Mana: 150/160/165/170 Cooldown: 10/9/8/7

W) Celestial Showers:
Alleria shatters a star into a renewing dust, sprinkling it on an area and healing allies inside.
Alleria puts to use the dead stars in the sky, using their final sliver of power to aid others.
Radius: 375
Healing: 100/150/200/250
Mana: 160/170/180/190 Cooldown: 25/23/21/19

E) Incandescent Ray:
Alleria heats a small star in the sky, causing it to emit a large beam of energy at a target point in the battle field, stuns for a huge duration and deals large damage, but has a long delay.
Alleria has the power to heat stars to such intense temperatures that they release a huge ray of light down to earth.
Stun: 2/2.5/3/3.5
Delay: 2
Radius: 230
Damage: 150/200/250/300
Mana: 130/140/150/160 Cooldown: 19/17/15/13

Ultimate: R) Star Cannon:
Alleria summons all the power from the nearby stars to charge up one devastating cannon blast. This ability can be cast anywhere within a huge radius. The start of the ability is a channel, and can be stopped at any time to release the bolt. The channeling time can be up to ten seconds, each second channeled increases the damage and stun.
Alleria summons all of the stars celestial powers, hoping to put an end to the battle with one powerful shot.
Damage Increase per Second: 30/40/50 (scepter 60)
Stun Increase per Second: .2/.3/.4
Range: 2500
Mana: 200/300/400 Cooldown: 120/110/100

I put a lot of extra effort into making this so I hope you all like it. I don't expect it to win the contest, nor do I mind if it doesn't. Just joining this for fun, but winning would be a bonus of course!

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » July 23, 2014 7:37am | Report

Horologium the Pendulum Clock

Lore:

Horologium the Pendulum Clock is a Celestial Spirit from the Celestial Spirit world who lived among the stars and the fabric of time. He found a very dangerous foe to the Spirit World and Time it's self. He heard rumors that the person was once a human and that he was thrown into the Void between worlds and has emerged with the power of manipulating time. He is called the Faceless Void whom Horologium saw nothing more than destruction. Horologium asked the Celestial Spirit King for his permission if he could stop the Faceless Void from bringing destruction. The Celestial Spirit King allowed Horologium to go after the Faceless Void and bring justice among the stars and time it self.

Hero Introduction:

Horologium is unique in being an aggressive intelligence hero with a regular ranged physical attack, a master of time and the one who has the power of the stars. Although he is a powerful force at all stages, Horologium is especially dangerous early in the game when his Unison Raid can quickly destroy any foe. Due to his Dimension Path, Horologium can easily enter or escape in combat unseen by the enemy and being invulnerable at the same time, at the cost of his mana being drained. His powerful spell "Stop Time" can instantly freeze a target enemy unit in time, a spell that cannot be stopped by anything. His powerful Urano Metria which means "Ultimate Magic of the Stars" ability deals massive damage and can kill the target below it's average health.
16 + 1.8
20 + 2.1
27 + 3.2

• Affiliation: The Radiant
  • Health: 454
  • Mana: 351
  • Damage: 52 - 59
  • Armor: 3.86
  • Movespeed: 305
  • Attack Range: 700
  • Turn Rate: 0.6
  • Attack Animation: 0.31 / 0.51
  • Casting Animation: 0.50 / 0.50
  • Base Attack Time: 1.5
  • Missile Speed: 1500
  • Sight Range: 1800 / 800

Unison Raid

Ability Type:

Targeting Type:

Damage type:

Active

Unit/Point

Magic
Horologium calls upon time and stars to combine his power into one strong attack, blasting the enemy with a shine beam dealing damage and slowing the target's time.

Level

Mana

Cooldown

10 seconds

10 seconds

10 seconds

10 seconds
Casting Range

Area of Effect

Duration

2 seconds

2.5 seconds

3 seconds

3.5 seconds
Allowed Targets

Enemy unit

Enemy unit

Enemy unit

Enemy unit
Effects

Deals 120 damage and 15% slow. Decreases cooldown by 2 seconds, increases mana cost by 5 and decreases damage by 20.

Deals 200 damage and 20% slow. Decreases cooldown by 2 seconds, increases mana cost by 5 and decreases damage by 20.

Deals 280 damage and 25% slow. Decreases cooldown by 2 seconds, increases mana cost by 5 and decreases damage by 20.

Deals 360 damage and 60% slow. Decreases cooldown by 2 seconds, increases mana cost by 5 and decreases damage by 20.
  • Slow cannot be purged.
  • Damage is reduced by magic resistance.
  • Slows both MS and AS.
  • At it's maximum Unison Raid has a 1 second cooldown, 115 mana cost, deals 300 damage and becomes spammable.
  • Unison Raid has a 0.00 cast animation.

Dimension Path

Ability Type:

Targeting Type:

Active

Self
Horologium opens a dimension where only he can pass. Traveling through time Horologium can appear at any location he wants. Slows the movement and attack speed of all units at the casting point of the spell and at the end of it.

Level

Mana

Cooldown

12 seconds

12 seconds

12 seconds

12 seconds
Casting Range

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A
Area of Effect

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A
Duration

Until deactivated

Until deactivated

Until deactivated

Until deactivated
Allowed Targets

Enemy unit

Enemy unit

Enemy unit

Enemy unit
Effects

Travels with 650 MS and 20% slow.

Travels with 700 MS and 30% slow.

Travels with 750 MS and 40% slow.

Travels with 800 MS and 50% slow.
  • Slow cannot be purged.
  • Horologium is invulnerable while moving using Dimension Path and cannot be seen by the enemy.
  • Cannot be revealed by True Sight or Chronosphere.
  • Rupture - Does take damage while moving, however does not die from it (1 HP)

Stop Time

Ability Type:

Targeting Type:

Active

Enemy unit
Horologium stops the time for an enemy unit leaving it frozen in the midst of time.

Level

Mana

Cooldown

10 seconds

10 seconds

10 seconds

10 seconds
Casting Range

Area of Effect

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A
Duration

1.5 seconds

2 seconds

3 seconds

6 seconds
Allowed Targets

Enemy unit

Enemy unit

Enemy unit

Enemy unit
Effects

Pauses the unit.

Pauses the unit.

Pauses the unit.

Pauses the unit.

Urano Metria

Ability Type:

Targeting Type:

Damage type:

Active

Enemy unit

Universal
Horologium calls upon the stars of time through the universe, channeling energy and then striking the target with an enormous blast.

Level

Mana

Cooldown

140 seconds

100 seconds

80 seconds
Casting Range

Area of Effect

N/A (550*)

N/A (550*)

N/A (550*)
Duration

N/A

N/A

N/A
Allowed Targets

Enemy unit

Enemy unit

Enemy unit
Effects

Deals 400 damage, instant kill below 30% HP.

Deals 500 damage, instant kill below 40% HP.

Deals 600 damage, instant kill below 50% HP.
  • Cannot be disjointed by blinking, going invisible, etc.
  • Aghanim's Scepter makes the spell in an AoE and kills a random target below the threshold.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » July 23, 2014 7:41am | Report

Monoceros, Unicorn of legend

Radiant Intelligence
Base strength: 18(+2.0)
Base agility: 20(+2.1)
Base intelligence: 21(+2.6)
Base armour: 1
Base damage: 57
Movespeed: 310
Attack type: Ranged
Lore

Far in the reaches of time itself, a war between two nemesis stones and their followers is raging, spanning multiple dimensions and even time periods. Planets destroyed, entire races obliterated in the blink of an eye.

Far above all of this, what appeared to be a regular constellation watched this destruction and wept, the reality being that this was no mere set of stars. This was an infinitely powerful magical creature that was spread into multiple souls in order to keep the power in control.

Crushing depression rose like a wave over what the mortals knew as Monoceros, driving him to do what no celestial must ever do. He intervened, laying waste to an entire legion of Dire forces with a single searing blast of light.

All 87 celestials were notified of this reckless behaviour from the very being of magic. Some chose reluctantly, some chose with glee, but the decision was to punish the greatest of them. And yet none knew what was fitting. None of them except the one in question, that is.

Monoceros had since acknowledged his mistake, and come to terms with what imbalance he had caused, and chosen his own punishment to save one small shred of dignity.

Not much is told as to exactly what Monoceros told them, but since the start of the century he has been on the front lines of the Radiant's forces, doomed to decimate the Dire until the world itself fades into dust.

This is the punishment of immortals. But also a punishment to all who oppose him.
Skills
Q: Celestial Elegy (Target enemy, AoE)

Monoceros creates a holy marking underneath an opponent's
feet, filling their mind with an incomprehensible chorus, which
slows the target and deals damage for each of Monoceros' allies
that the slowed unit hits during the effect.

Slow: 30%/35%/40%/45%
Damage per allied hero hit: 175
Duration: 3/4/5/6
Cooldown: 19/17/15/13
Mana cost: 130/120/110/100
"The expanses of space itself call to you!"

W: Light's javelin (Target ground)

Monoceros channels in the direction of choice, and then
launches a piercing bolt of light from his horn. The bolt has
a maximum range of 3000 units, and moves at a speed of 700 units per
second.

Channel time: 1.8
Damage: 80/160/240/320
Cooldown: 14
Mana cost: 135
"Pierce the heavens!"

E: Mana call (Aura)

Monoceros' mere presence on the battlefield causes
a percentage of nearby enemy's max mana to be absorbed into
his own pool every second

% of max mana drained: 0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3
Range: 900
"You are undeserving."

R: Orbital annihilation (Global, Target ground, AoE)

Monoceros breaks the orbit of 1/1/2 minor stars, making them fall to the groundafter a large delay. Each star falls AFTER the previous one, with a new delay of 1.5 seconds between landing times.

Stars: 1/1/2
AoE of landing: 450(*500)
Delay before strike: 3.5(*2.5)
Damage per star: 400/450/500(*450/475/500
Cooldown: 60/55/50
Mana cost: 250
"One day...I shall return."

Responses

Starting the match
-"They shall learn to fear my power."
-"And Selemene said I wasn't the fighting type."

Moving
-"It will be dealt with"
-"Were I immortal, I would be there in a flash."
-"I understood the first time you clicked."
-"I get it."

Last hitting
-"A magic in its own right."
-"Soon I shall get the Scythe of Vyse!"
-"Money cannot buy magic."

Killing a hero
-"My horn is sharper than it looks."
-"What kind of attempt was that? I demand a challenge."
-"Immortality means I face a lot of people like you."

Dying
-"I only wished...To be remembered."
-"I'll be back...I know it."
-"Bastard!"
-"To the immortal plane once more."

When the player pings
-"You can send messages from the sky!? Are you immortal too!?"
-"What do those exclamation marks mean?"
-"STOP THE NOISES"

Meeting Allies
Luna -"Your goddess and I were once friends."
Mirana -"Princess of my favourite celestial."
Invoker -"How did you stay alive this long?"
Invoker -"Olden magic! I do adore it so!"
Spectre -"Why can nobody else hear you properly?"
Io -"Shame the mortals didn't understand that joke, wisp."

Rare
-"From times long gone, I bring light to this desolate waste!"
-"The light of magic is complicated. It can heal or harm, slow or hasten... Or you can use it for cleaning your hooves, which is my personal favourite."

Getting runes
-"3 of me? Why can they not cast?
-"Slower than none! Faster than all!"
-"You'll never see the star coming, I promise."
-"Regeneration? My mana needed that."
-"Double damage. Why can it not affect spells?"

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SilencersCurse » July 25, 2014 10:03am | Report

Cosmic Knight, The guiding star

Description: When all else fails and things seem hopeless the Cosmic Knight descends down upon the battlefield with fearless presence gaining power for allied cowardice.(Meet the ultimate in anti-bad teammates hero)

Health: 680
Mana: 338
Strength: 30+2.6
Agility: 15+1.5
Intelligence: 26+2.8
Base Damage:30
Move Speed: 300
BAT: 1.7
Attack range: 128
Base Armor: 1

Shooting Star: In a blaze of white flame shoot to a target location and burn nearby enemies in a 250 aoe for 3 seconds + 1 second for each absent allied hero in a 1000 radius.

Level1:50 pure damage per second.
Mana Cost: 225
Range: 900
Cooldown: 35 seconds

Level2: 75 pure damage per second.
Range: 1100
Cooldown: 30 seconds

Level3: 100 pure damage per second.
Range: 1300
Cooldown: 25 seconds

Level4: 150 pure damage per second.
Range: 1500
Cooldown: 20 seconds

Note:Deals damage in a similar way as immolation, the Cosmic Knight moves at 2500 speed.

Face of defeat: Gain the base life,mana,armor and damage of any allied hero who has abandoned the battle field. Gain damage and attack speed for each death your team has.

Level1: gain 1 damage and 0.4% attack speed
Level2: gain 2 damage and 0.8% attack speed
Level3: gain 3 damage and 1.2% attack speed
Level4: gain 4 damage and 1.6% attack speed

Note: for example if your team has 10 deaths you gain 40 damage and 16% attack speed at max level. If a player abandons the game you gain their heroes base stats, there stats are added to yours so if a player leaves and their hero has base 560 life,300 base mana,1 base armor and 50 base damage and the Cosmic Knight has 1100 Life 560 mana, 4 armor and 120 damage the Cosmic Knights new stats will be the combination of the two additively, the Cosmic Knights new stats would become 1660 life, 860 mana, 5 armor and 170 damage.

Obelinks: Summon a meteorite obelisk at a target location which has a percentage of the Cosmic Knight`s life,damage and armor and emits an aura in a 900 radius making other structures invulnerable.

Level 1: Grants the Obelinks 30% of stats. Maximum 1 Obelinks.
Mana Cost: 200
Cooldown: 40 seconds

Level 2: Grants the Obelinks 50% of stats. Maximum 2 Obelinks.
Mana Cost: 250

Level 3: Grants the Obelinks 70% of stats. Maximum 3 Obelinks.
Mana Cost: 300

Level 4: Grants the Obelinks 90% of stats. Maximum 4 Obelinks.
Mana Cost: 350

Note: This only effects allied structures and gains the same benifits the Cosmic Knight does from Face of defeat.

Starquake: Deal damage and stun targets based on quanity of heroes in 1000 aoe. Does not effect the Cosmic Knight

Level1: Deal 50 pure damage and stun for 0.4 second to all targets in a 1000 aoe per hero affected.
Mana Cost: 500
Cooldown: 20

Level2: Deal 75 pure damage and stun for 0.7 second to all targets in a 1000 aoe per hero affected.
Mana Cost: 650
Cooldown: 15

Level3: Deal 100 pure damage and stun for 1 second to all targets in a 1000 aoe per hero affected.
Mana Cost: 800
Cooldown: 10

Note: This ability is somewhat of a double edged sword as it will effect allied heroes as well. Cosmic Knight is excluded, however it does include the Cosmic Knight in the effect calculations.

SilencersCurse

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » July 25, 2014 1:09pm | Report

Galaxis, The Nebula

Bio

Galaxis, The Nebula
My translucent form compels you
Role: Carry/Initiator/Jungler/Durable/Ganker
Lore: Galaxis was amongst the proudest of the Nebulae, a wise and ancient race that inhabited the night sky. Some were jealous of his wisdom, and vowed to wreak havoc upon his reputation, so that they might stand higher in the favor of the Nebulae. It was said that he stole his knowledge from the minds of other Nebulae, and that he was corrupt and weak. The Nebulae believed such stories, perhaps owing to the fact that they too were jealous of Galaxis. The Great One cast him down from the sky, cursed to walk the Earth for all eternity.

Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Affiliation: The Radiant
Strength: 13 + 1.5
Agility: 25 + 2.9
Intelligence: 29 + 3.4
Base Health: 397
Base Mana Pool: 377
Base Damage: 49-55
Base Armor: 1.10 + 3.57 from Agility
Movement Speed: 310
Sight Range: 1800/800
Attack Range: 450
Missile Speed: 1000
Attack Duration: 0.56 + 0.73

Abilities

[Q]Conceal

Ability: Unit Target
Affects: Allies
Description: Galaxis conceals an allied unit within himself, turning the unit invisible. If the unit moves out of range of this ability, the invisibility is broken.
Range: 300/400/500/600
Duration: 10/15/20/25
Mana Cost: 130/150/170/190
Cooldown: 45

Notes

Nebulate

Ability: Passive
Affects: Self
Description: Galaxis is much harder to damage, owing to his gaseous nature. He is given a dodge chance.
Dodge Chance: 10%/15%/20%/25%

Notes

[E] Gaseous Onset

Ability: Point Target
Affects: Enemies
Description: Galaxis extends a portion of himself over an area, slowly suffocating enemies and giving their health to Galaxis.
Radius: 600
Damage Over Time: 10
Lifesteal: 10%/20%/30%/40%
Duration: 10/15/20/25
Mana Cost: 140/150/160/170
Cooldown: 60

Notes

Ultimate: [R] Nova

Ability: Point Target
Affects: Units
Description: Galaxis explodes, dealing massive damage in an area, and reforms at the target location. Each use of this ability permanently increases Galaxis’ attributes.
Range: 600
Radius: 250 (*270/310/350)
Damage: 400/560/720
Bonus Attributes: 5 (*10)
Mana Cost: 300/400/500
Cooldown: 180 (*120)

Notes

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » July 25, 2014 6:53pm | Report

Miantor, The Lodestar

Radiant Strength
"Miantor will never be forgotten."

Base health

: 530

Base mana

: 208

Base damage

: 57

Base armor

: 3

Movement speed

: 295

Base attack time

: 1.7

Attacks per second

: 0.64

Range

: Melee

Vision range

: 1800/800

Strength

: 96.8 (20 +3.2)

Agility

: 45 (9 +1.5)

Intelligence

: 52 (16 +1.5)

Lore:
From beyond the event horizon, in the unexplored depths of space, there once lay an asteroid that had existed for eons. It was relatively small, but comprised of extremely sturdy substances. For millennia, it circled the star Miantor without a clear aim or purpose. However, on the asteroid's ninth cycle, the star collapsed and went supernova, pushing the invulnerable mass out of its orbit and imbuing it with stellar energy.
As the years went by, old stars died and new stars were born. After a few more millennia, the star Sol took notice of the object and and drew it into its grasp. By then, the unassuming asteroid had manifested in it the star Miantor itself. Having witnessed the destruction of many stars during its lifetime and experienced death itself, it realised the imminence of the universe's downfall and wished to end suffering to bring peace and happiness to all until their ultimate demise at the hands of the cosmic beings. "Miantor..." Uttered Sol when it sensed its own fallen brother living on inside the asteroid, and without further hesitation, it was flung towards a planet filled with chaos and destruction ever since the beginning of time; the planet that needed Miantor's power the most.
A spectacular display of lights dazzled onlookers as the night sky was lit by a shower of stellar particles. The asteroid's sleek figure cut through the air and it crashed onto the planet unscathed and unharmed, leaving a ring of fire in its wake. Miantor set foot upon the unfamiliar, war-torn world, knowing fully well that it was the sole remnant of a star that once shone bright in the heavens above.

Q: Meteor Crush
Type: Target-Point
Damage: Composite
Miantor leaps into the air for a short duration. He then zooms in and crashes at the target area, dealing damage and slowing in a large radius based on how far enemies are from the centre of the explosion. Lodestar takes part of the damage when he lands.
- 700/800/900/1000 range
- 1.5 second air time
- 300 damage radius
- 100/150/200/250 maximum damage*
- 50/75/100/125 minimum damage
- 30% maximum slow
- 10% minimum slow
- 4 second slow duration
- 50/75/100/125 health cost
- 100 mana cost
- 10/9/8/7 second cooldown

Miantor pulverises its enemies from above with a resounding crash.

Notes:

W: Flaming Legacy
Type: Passive
Damage: Magical
Miantor gets superheated after casting Meteor Crash, dealing damage over time to nearby enemies. Miantor also deals additional damage to enemies when he attacks them or is attacked himself.
- 10/20/30/40 damage over time
- 200 damage over time radius
- 15/30/45/60 damage to enemies attacking Miantor
- +15/30/45/60 damage per attack
- 4 second duration

Miantor's scorching heat etches memories of its fiery death into all who oppose it.

Notes:

E: Impervious
Type: Passive
After taking a set amount of damage, Lodestar takes reduced damage for a short duration.
- 300 damage threshold
- 70% reduced damage for 4 seconds
- 25/21/17/13 second cooldown

Layers of strong metals lie under Miantor's rocky exterior, ready to protect its powerful core.

Notes:

R: Spark of Miantor
Type: No Target
When activated, Meteor Crush's cooldown is refreshed and subsequent casts have a reduced cooldown and mana cost.
- 4 second Meteor Crush cooldown reduction
- 10/14/18 second duration
- 30/50/70% reduced mana cost
- 100/150/200 mana cost
- 100/90/80 second cooldown

With the power of a star under its control, Miantor is a force to be reckoned with.

Notes:

Without any delay, Miantor, the Lodestar! This hero does a lot of nuke damage with Meteor Crush early on, and also deals a good amount with Flaming Legacy if it has some attack speed. This hero falls off in the late game, but it can still function as a tanky initiator that can break stalemates and destroy supports camping at the back of fights.

Well, that's all there is to this hero. Good luck in the contest :D.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » July 28, 2014 4:42am | Report

Haruspex, the Whispering Augur

"Your world is but a pathetic spark to the Outworld Court."

The cosmic court of the Outworld is unparalleled in the minds that occupy it. Of the many sages, seers and sorcerers that populate the royal courts of Outworld nobility, only one is not native to the astral plane.

Haruspex gazed into the cosmic abyss, and willed it - dared it - to stare back. He seized its power, and became something neither mortal nor Outworld, but something in between. He claimed the legendary title of Whispering Augur and took his place in the Outworld Court.

When a Courtling by the name of Harbinger left the astral plane to travel to the Ancient War, it was Haruspex who was sent to track him down and bring him back. Using visions gathered from the life forces of his foes, he endlessly tracks the Outworld Devourer, and each step finds him growing in cosmic power. Haruspex, the Augur of the Outworld, finds it ironic that Harbinger's portents of worse to come may end up pointing to him.

Faction: The Dire
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Movement Speed: 300
Base Attack Time: 1.7
Range: 500
Vision: 1800/800
Base Damage (including stats): 59-63
Base Armour: 1
HP: 492
Mana: 273

Strength: 60 (18 + 1.75)
Agility: 73.6 (16 + 2.4)
Intelligence: 93 (21 + 3)

Innate: Foul Auguries
Haruspex cannot level stats as normal. Instead, he starts the game with two empty Soul Charges and gains one every level. Soul Charges can be filled by using Haruspex's abilities in certain ways, and a full Soul Charge can be expended to give the Whispering Augur +3 in a stat of his choice. No more than ten Soul Charges can be converted to a single stat.

Q: Astral Whip
Haruspex strikes the target with a lash of dark energy, dealing damage based on his Intelligence and slowing for a short duration. Every Hero kill with Astral Whip will fill a Soul Charge.
Damage: 20/30/40/50 + 1/1.35/1.7/2.05 times Intelligence
Slow: 30%/50%/70%/90%
Slow Duration: .25 seconds
Cooldown: 5.5/4.5/3.5/2.5
Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100

W: Precognition
The Whispering Augur transforms into an astral form, removing his ability to autoattack but granting him evasion, bonus movement speed and a chance for his spells to critically strike. Each spell that critically strikes while under this effect will fill a Soul Charge. Haruspex can freely switch between forms, but switching forms costs mana.
Evasion: 15%/20%/25%/30%
Critical Strike Chance: 10%/15%/20%/25%
Critical Damage: 150%/185%/220%/255%
Bonus Movement: 10/20/30/40
Mana Cost: 200/150/100/50

E: Outworld Reckoning
Haruspex calls upon otherworldly powers to deal damage to all enemy units in an area. The damage is multiplied for each spell Haruspex has cast in the previous 9 seconds. Whenever Outworld Reckoning is cast with a 4-spell modifier, Haruspex will fill a Soul Charge.
Base Damage: 100/125/150/175
Spell Multiplier: .25/.5/.75/1
Cooldown: 30
Mana Cost: 200/275/350/425

Ultimate: Arcane Storm
Using all the energies at his disposal, Haruspex summons a mighty pulse of energy that deals damage to all nearby enemies. After casting Arcane Storm, all of Haruspex's spells deal Pure damage for a brief duration. Every Hero kill with Arcane Storm will fill a Soul Charge.
Damage: 150/250/350
Duration: 4/5/6
Cooldown: 8/7/6
Mana Cost: 200/360/520

Instead of stats, Haruspex levels up Astral Auguries. This passive ability increases the effectiveness of his spells.
Astral Whip Multiplier Increase: .10 per level
Precognition Bonus Critical Damage: 2% per level
Outworld Reckoning Mana Reduction: 20 per level
Arcana Storm Damage Increase: 30 per level

>Balance is hard. Hopefully the immense early-game mana problems solve it.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ninecent » July 28, 2014 8:15pm | Report

Binary, The Twin Plasmas

Radiant Intelligence Ranged

"Your future depicts... great challenges."

Lore

Many eons ago, the stars were believed to be sentient beings. In this our ancestors were partially correct. Stars of certain natures have been given true sentience, by some mystical being. Travelers speak of being lost, but following a single star that seemed rather different than the others on the horizon had led them back. Shamans read the stars every night, to glean from them glimpses and premonitions of the future, and many are quite accurate. Spellcasters have been heavily influenced by stars, creating spells to mimic their nature. However, our kind had never found true evidence of the stars' power until now. The Binary, a star, or rather stars, that our greatest astronomers have found to be of twin nature, has sent a mystical being to our realm. We have dubbed the smaller "star" Minor, and the larger Major. Minor shows few signs of intelligence, seeming to be more of a lesser companion than a partner. For now we must shelter it, but I grow ever more cautious of it's unpredictability. It wills to be free. But the world may not be ready for such a fantastic being.

Stats

Health: 644 (1510)
Mana: 286 (1284)
Damage: 51
Base Strength: 26 (+ 1.9)
Base Agility: 16 (+ 2.2)
Base Intelligence: 22 (+ 3.2)
Movement Speed: 295
Base Armor: 2.29
Attack Range: 550

Abilities

Q: Binary(PASSIVE)(PURE)

Minor occasionally joins in on an attack, adding extra critical damage and damage over time, while slowing the target.
Chance: 20%
Critical: 105/110/115/120%
Damage over Time: 10/25/25/40
Slow: 15%
Duration: 4/4/5/5
Notes

W: Solar Flare(ACTIVE)(PURE)

Major sends a burst of energy into Minor, who redirects it into an enemy, dealing small amounts of damage and dispelling the target. Deals 150% the current burn damage of Binary. Target is also silenced for a short period of time. Can also be used on a friendly target, only dispelling debuffs.
Range: 600
Silence Duration: 2/3/3/4
Cooldown: 15/15/12/12
Manacost: 100/100/75/75
Notes

E: Detachment(ACTIVE)(MAGICAL)

Minor frees itself from it's orbit, launching itself toward an enemy unit, dealing damage and stunning for a duration.
Range: 400
Damage: 90/180/270/360
Stun Duration: 1.4/1.6/1.8/2
Cooldown: 12
Manacost: 150/175/200/225
Notes

R: Twin Destinies(ACTIVE)

Major influences the target enemy's destiny, removing chances for critical, evasion, damage block, bashes, etc. for a duration while also blinding and Slowing them.
Range: 550
Miss Chance: 20/35/50%
Slow: 25%
Duration: 4/6/8
Cooldown: 40
Manacost: 200/300/400
Notes

Ninecent

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Powergoat » July 30, 2014 3:13pm | Report

Murum, The Fallen

Faction:The Dire
Attack type:Melee
Primary attribute:Strength
BAT:1.7
Attack damage:45-54
Move speed:310
Role(s):Durable,Initiator,Disabler,Carry,Support
Strength:20+3.2
Agility:16+1.5
Intelligence:16+1.5
base armor:3

Lore-
Many years ago, Solunan, the God of the sun, designated a line of humans to be his champions on earth. This family became famous and powerful, leading an empire from the Solor Throne. But when Mirana, the lone air for the family of Solunan, defected to worship Selemene the moon goddess, Solunan was left without any power in the world below. That is when Murum, an old and fading star, saw the troubled god and wished to help. Solunan immediately too the opportunity, sending down Murum as the new force of the sun. Though when Murum descended to mortal form, he was quickly angered by his lack of power. Compared to his true form, this body was nothing. What he did not know is while he was weak for a star, he was mightier then any creature on the planet.

Abilities

Ability1:Q:Starlight
Ability:Target Unit Affects:Enemies Damage:Magical
Murum harnesses a bit of his old power, focusing it on a target enemy. Does damage, a short stun and a small AOE Blind
Range:900
Damage:110/150/190/230
Stun time:1
Blind Radius:300
Blind Miss Chance:100%
Blind duration:2/2/3/4
Cooldown:14/12/10/8 Mana cost:80

While Murum's light was failing when he was brought to earth, at close range it is still intense

Other Information
Spoiler: Click to view

Ability2:W:Imminence mass
Ability:No target Affects:Self
Murum increases his mass, rooting himself but giving him both physical and magical damage block and bonus regeneration. Also halves the cooldown of starlight while active.
Damage reduction:15%/25%/25%/45%
Bonus Health Regeneration:8/16/24/32
Duration:15
Cooldown:30 Mana cost:140/130/120/110

Murum was alone in the sky, without as much as an asteroid orbiting. He is used to being motionless, and reverts to that state when he can.

Other Information

Ability3:E:Mass Strike
Ability:Passive Affects:Enemies Damage:magical
Murum hits with the energy of a star, causing all enemy heroes on the map to take a percentage of the physical damage done to the target as magical damage.
Damage Done:20/45/70/95%
Cooldown:20/16/12/8

Murum can release so much energy that everyone on the planet can feel it

Other Information

Ability4:R:Sunlight Blaze
Ability:No target Affects:Enemies Damage:Magical
Murum summons the wrath of Solunan, causing a large area around him to be bathed with burning light. Does damage, ministuns, and blinds. the stun lasts double duration during the daytime.
Radius:9050
Damage per wave:50/80/110
Stun duration per wave:0.2/0.3/0.4(*0.4/0.5/0.6)
Blind Duration per wave:3
Miss chance:50%
Waves:4(*5)
Second per wave:2
Cooldown:160 Mana cost:175/225/375

Murum's bond with Solunan allows him to burn the earth, blinding his enemies in eternal light

Other Information

Powergoat

Notable (4)
View My Blog

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved