Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Elanoroth, The Corruption

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Elanoroth, The Corruption 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » December 30, 2014 7:30pm | Report
Hey guys BK here. Been a long time since I've been on this thread, but in the meantime I've been coming up with a few hero ideas. This one in particular I have been working on the most and he is probably my favorite.

Elanoroth is an interesting hero that is designed around causing havoc in fights as well as bottlenecking opposing heroes into areas where they can be crushed into oblivion.

So without further ado I introduce Elanoroth, The Corruption

Elanoroth, The Corruption
Lore

As the paladin squad entered the border village of Hawkfell their eyes grew wide in utter shock and disbelief. Initial reports of the destruction could not come close to describing it, for it was utter and complete. The entire town was warped into an unrecognizable, hostile wasteland. There was not the faintest squeak of a field mouse, or chirp of a robin, not even the winds blew in this forsaken place. There was just complete and unnatural silence.

"Permission to speak Captain," Spoke a young conscript. "Yes?" The captain uttered still caught up in the death and destruction that lay before him. "What unholy creature could wreak this havoc, I am unfamiliar with any demon spawn with this type of power." The captain paused for a brief moment and then spoke. "This is not the work of any demon spawn, but a creature of a separate origin" said the captain as he turned to meet the gaze of his men. "It is spoken of in the texts of the ancient Weavers. A being older than even they, one that reshapes the corporeal plane in its image..."

He stopped. There was a change in the air around them, something none of them could describe, as though an invisible, incomprehensible force reared its ugly head. "Defensive formation me..." those were the last words he spoke as a blade of strange energy pierced his armor. The energy spread and leaped across his body like a swarm of hornets to an aggressor of their hive. The energy grew more vicious as it consumed his body, mind and soul. Moments later he was no more but a pile of unrecognizable waste.

The remainder of the paladin force attempted to flee for the hills, but were quickly dispatched as the creature ripped their souls to pieces, leaving their bodies in a similar state as their captain.

Before his ultimate demise the final paladin inquired of the creatures purpose. "What do you hope to gain from our destruction?" The creature, nearly a meter taller than the young soldier, than cocked its head slightly, almost as if the question was trivial. From its gaping maw it spoke in a voice that seemed to resonate within his soul. "What do I hope to gain? You misunderstand." The creature motioned with its other arm towards the village of Hawkfell. "This is the fate of all that is, ever was, and ever will be. I am merely the engine of fate."

Statistics

Attribute: Strength
Affiliation: Dire
Role: Durable, Escape, Disabler, Support
Strength: 100 (20 + 3.2)
Agility: 49.5 (12 + 1.5)
Intelligence: 82.5 (25 + 2.3)
Base Damage: 53
Armor: 1
Movement Speed: 310
BAT: 1.5
Attack Range: Melee
Turn Rate: 1.5
Sight Range: 1300/1300

Abilities

Q: Flatline (Active)

Description: Elanoroth becomes two-dimensional granting him free pathing, bonus movement speed, and evasion.

Evasion: 60%
Duration: 3/4/5/6
Movement Speed Increase: 30%

Cast Point: .35
Cooldown: 40/35/30/25
Manacost: 100/110/120/130

When you have enemies as cunning as the Weavers, you must develop an even more cunning escape mechanism.

W: Corrupt (Active)

Description: Elanoroth shatters a targes corporeal form, stunning and dealing damage. Elanoroth also injects the target with a fragment of his essence giving him true sight of the target for a duration after the stun.

Damage: Pure
Affects: Enemies

Damage: 75/125/175/225
Stun Duration: 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0
Cooldown: 20
Mana Cost: 130/140/150/160
True Sight Duration: 7
Cast Range: 500

We are all corrupt.

E: Disintegrate (Toggle)

Description: Elanoroth can twist the ground he walks upon making it difficult to traverse. When toggled on Elanoroth will create paths on the map which slow enemies that come into contact with them. Elanoroth is also alerted by an audio cue if an enemy crosses a corrupted path.

Slow: 25%/35%/45%/55%
Turn Rate Slow: 25%/35%/45%/55%
Path Duration: 20
Mana Cost per 100 units traveled: 16/14/12/10
Cast Point: Instant (Toggle)

The sinister energies of Elanoroth's home have debilitating effects on those that come into contact with them.

R: Interference (Active)

Description: Elanoroth sends out an interference wave reducing the target and Elanroth's physical damage to 0 for a duration. The target is also silenced for the duration.

Duration: 5/6/7
Cooldown: 120/90/60
Manacost: 100/150/200
Cast Point: .4

As the corruption spreads, it feeds on the strength of all who oppose it.

So this is Elanoroth everybody. I really hope you guys find the hero interesting and intriguing, and as always comments, questions, and concerns are always welcome in the comments section below. I'll post the hero responses and quotes at a later date.

Have a nice day everyone :D

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 30, 2014 8:47pm | Report
Great hero but...

Im not sure about the hero's role

I think its like a utility hero like beastmaster sor simething

>Well thought!
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » December 30, 2014 9:19pm | Report
BKvoiceover wrote:

Description: Elanoroth becomes two-dimensional granting him free pathing, bonus movement speed and evasion.

Evasion: 75%
Duration: 3/4/5/6
Movement Speed Increase: 30%

Cast Point: .35
Cooldown: 30/25/20/15
Manacost: 100/110/120/130

make the cool down longer and reduce the amount of evasion. too OP atm.

W: Corrupt (Active)

Description: Elanoroth shatter a targes corporeal form, stunning and dealing damage. Elanoroth also injects the target with a fragment of his essence giving him sight of the target for a duration after the stun.

Damage: Pure

Damage: 50/100/150/200
Stun Duration: 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0
Mana Cost: 130/140/150/160
Vision Duration: 10
Cast Range: 500

nerf truesight duration.scale the damage a bit better 75/125/180/240 seems nice and add a cool down on maybe 20 seconds at all levels

E: Disintegrate (Toggle)

Description: Elanoroth can twist the ground he walks upon making it difficult to traverse. When toggled on, Elanoroth will create paths on the map that slow enemies that come into contact with them. Elanoroth is also alerted by an audio cue if an enemy crosses a corrupted path.

Slow: 25%/35%/45%/55%
Turn Rate Slow: 25%/35%/45%/55%
Path Duration: 20
Mana Cost per 100 units traveled: 16/14/12/10
Cast Point: Instant (Toggle)

i feel this doesnt really fitif i was to stay to the chracter i would make it a radias to channel time ability so 1 second channel equals 400 radius 2/500 3/600 with a max of 3 seconds and have it destroy trees as well. the rest of the stats are good ... and add a cooldown it seems a bit finiky and not optimized.

R: Interference (Active)

Description: Elanoroth sends out an interference wave reducing the target and Elanroth's physical damage to 0 for a duration. The target is also silenced for the duration.

Duration: 5/6/7
Cooldown: 120/100/80
Manacost: 100/150/200
Cast Point: .4

As the corruption spreads, it feeds on the strength of all who oppose it.

this i like..... a whole damn lot ... LIKE A LOT.... its bloody awesome. seriously. you can completly take out either a caster or a carry with this. make it purge-able and i would build diffusal on him then purge myself of it. i would reduce the cooldown a bit so u get to 60 seconds at level 3.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » December 30, 2014 9:25pm | Report
Thanks for the comments Smuggels, always great to get some nice feedback. Awesome idea about the Ultimate, that would be pretty flippin awesome.

I'll rework the rest of the abilities a little bit, try to make them a bit more balanced, but all in all I feel good about the hero as a whole.

Again thanks a ton for the feedback.

See ya 'round,

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » December 30, 2014 9:28pm | Report
Also, do you guys have any comments about the lore?

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 4, 2015 7:23pm | Report
BKvoiceover wrote:

Also, do you guys have any comments about the lore?

-BK

The lore is really cool! The way you incorporated your vocabulary really gives it some flavour and brings the entire scene to life :D.

Anyway, about the hero idea, I think it's pretty good as an offlaner-type hero. It's pretty clear by his escapes and ability to punish overextending enemies.

Flatline gives him just enough survivability in the lane and can also be easily used to exploit greedy opponents along with his other spells. Can Elanoroth attack or cast during the duration of the spell? To streamline this hero a little, maybe it should.

Corrupt is great! It gives this hero some disabling power for him to set up his other spells. Invis heroes also ain't got nothin' on him :P.

Disintegrate can be easily combines with his other spells for massive effect. Though Elanoroth can't do much damage by himself, his teammates will have all the time in the world to do so, especially with his ultimate, Interference. The one thing that bothers me is that the path lasts for 20 seconds. 20 seconds! That's a really long time for something that slows for 55%! It may cost a lot of mana, but it is easily solved with a Eul's Scepter of Divinity (which would probably be core on him in most games). I suggest you make it last for a maximum of 13 seconds, which is still really long, but not long enough to affect a teamfight after it is over, because he should be able to make new paths easily.

Interference is pretty sweet. Disabling an enemy carry is always a good thing, at the cost of your own damage, but then again, Elanoroth isn't really a right clicker, is he? Anyway, can BKB dispel the debuffs?

Thumbs up to your idea and lore, BK :).

EDIT:
BTW you gave me some inspiration for my next hero idea, thanks man :D.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » January 4, 2015 9:18pm | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Can Elanoroth attack or cast during the duration of the spell? To streamline this hero a little, maybe it should.

Yes Elanoroth Can attack, and cast while under the effect of Flatline.

porygon361 wrote:

The one thing that bothers me is that the path lasts for 20 seconds. 20 seconds! That's a really long time for something that slows for 55%! It may cost a lot of mana, but it is easily solved with a Eul's Scepter of Divinity (which would probably be core on him in most games). I suggest you make it last for a maximum of 13 seconds, which is still really long, but not long enough to affect a teamfight after it is over, because he should be able to make new paths easily.

Ok, I'll look into reworking some of the aspects of this ability to make it more balanced. Now that you mention it Eul's Scepter of Divinity would be a great item on him.

porygon361 wrote:

Interference is pretty sweet. Disabling an enemy carry is always a good thing, at the cost of your own damage, but then again, Elanoroth isn't really a right clicker, is he? Anyway, can BKB dispel the debuffs?

Yes, BKB can dispel the debuff given from Interference. Diffusal Blade can also dispel the target of the debuff.

porygon361 wrote:

BTW you gave me some inspiration for my next hero idea, thanks man :D.

Awesome, good luck on your next hero, and happy creating.

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved