Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Capra, the Highland Sentinel

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Capra, the Highland Sentinel 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 20, 2014 12:22am | Report

Capra, The Highland Sentinel

Radiant Agility
"With my power, I can move mountains. What do you have that can oppose me?"

Base health

: 492

Base mana

: 221

Base damage

: 56

Base armor

: 3

Movement speed

: 290

Attacks per second

: 0.71

Base attack time

: 1.7

Range

: Melee

Vision range

: 1800/800

Strength

: 66 (18 +2)

Agility

: 81 (21 +2.5)

Intelligence

: 67.4 (17 +2.1)

Lore:
Before the birth of civilization, wars were fought on this planet by creatures from other realms. A hero from the Realm of Power, a Lord of Infinity, adept in shifting and molding the earth, challenged many a warrior, and all fell to his otherworldly power. However, one sorcerer cast a hex on him, trapping him within the gem that gave him his strength. In front of the gem the sorcerer stood to break it, but the Lord of Infinity raised the earth towards the heavens, putting him out of reach of the sorcerer. However, unable to undo the complex enchantment, the hero was forever bound to this world.
This story was passed on, realm to realm, until it became but a legend, a myth; nobody believed it. Hearing the tale of the Infinity Peak, a child trained hard and set out to the faraway land as a man. The journey would be treacherous, as no one had ever reached the summit and came back to tell the tale. Some say they were attacked by wild inhabitants of the mountain. Others suggest that the thinning air near the peak suffocated many. No matter what the risk, though, the young adventurous man was still eager to overcome this mountain.
On reaching the base of the mountain, he burst into long strides, leaping up the mountain stone by stone. Steep, overhanging cliffs abound on Infinity Peak, but he scaled all with ease. He fought off the strangest of creatures that reside on the mountain, with his speed and strength greatly surpassing all.
Finally, after the difficult journey, he had reached the summit of the mountain. I've done it, he thought, I've done something no one had done before. Before he could celebrate, he spotted a gem, pulsating with a bluish hue. He walked in closer to touch it, and in doing so made a telepathic connection with it. And so the Lord of Infinity told the story of his existence in this world. The mountain was created not only to keep the wicked sorcerer from harming him, but to test the men who climb the mountain such that the fittest shall be the one to be his guardian. The man accepted his fate, and he a surge of energy entered him, giving the man a head akin to a ram and hind legs similar to a goat's, as well as granting him some of the power of the Infinity Stone. With a new goal in life, the man, now called Capra, patrols the highlands, wielding the power of the infinity stone to shape the earth, sparing no trespasser from their doom.

Q: Rising Ground
Type: Target-Point
Affects: All
Damage: Physical
After a short delay, Capra raises a pillar of earth that traps allies and enemies on top. When the subskill is activated or when the duration ends, the pillar will crumble, dealing damage to enemies on top of and around the pillar and stunning them.
- 700 range
- 0.5 second delay
- 250 radius
- 2/2.75/3.5/4.25 second duration
- 100 mana cost
- 12 second cooldown

Q (D): Crumble
Type: No Target
Affects: Enemies
All pillars on the map to crumble, dealing damage to enemies on top of and around the pillar.
- 400 damage radius
- 60/110/160/210 damage
- 20% slow for 1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds
- 0.5 second cooldown

The Infinity Stone extends Capra's control of the mountain range and allows him to shift the earth as he pleases.

Notes:

W: Ram's Fury
Affectes: Enemies
Capra's next attack smashes into the target enemy with great horns, dealing additional damage and reducing the target's armor. The impact pushes it back a short distance. If the target is pushed off or into a cliff, more armor is destroyed.
- 300 push distance
- 30/50/70/90 bonus damage
- 1/2/3/4 armor reduction for 6 seconds
- +1/2/3/4 armor reduction if target is pushed off or into a cliff
- 60 mana cost
- 12/10/8/6 second cooldown

The punishment of trespassers are dealt upon Capra's enemies.

Notes:

E: Fleet Feet
Affects: Self
Capra hastens his movements, increasing his movement speed and allowing him to leap over impassable terrain for a short duration.
- +20/24/28/32% movement speed and ability to traverse over impassable terrain for 5 seconds
- 60 mana cost
- 20/16/12/8 second cooldown

Capra's movements are as quick as they are unpredictable, the result of countless years of training.

Notes:

R: Earthstorm
Type: Target-Point
Affects: Enemies
Capra stomps on the ground, causing a chain reaction of rising earth in a cone, throwing enemies into the air and stunning them afterwards. Affected enemies are trapped on pillars of earth based on the level of Rising Ground.
- 1000 range
- 200-900 width
- 300 speed
- 1.5 second stun
- 140 mana cost
- 100/90/80 second cooldown

Those who oppose Capra face the wrath of the Lord of Infinity itself.

Notes:

This hero manipulates terrain to either aid him or hinder his adversaries. With superior mobility, he can work the offlane pretty decently and carry out powerful ganks with his spells. Though he is strong at these 2 aspects, he is not useless in a teamfight. His ultimate ability an potentially destroy whole enemy teams if they are caught out of position. Please leave some feedback on this idea :)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MasterMinddd » March 29, 2014 7:52am | Report
This guy would be great fun with Rubick...
The Fleet Feet skill should have lower mana cost. like, 50 or so. Eighty is to high to spammed, but then you will have to reduce the speed bonus a little.
And maybe having an Aghanim Scepter upgrade that also allow all allies to walk over all the stone pillars. and I hope you know that you can't see on top of a cliff with out a sentry too. for Rising Ground, you should add give half damage to the surrounding area too.

I got a fun idea for this hero. Why don't we make its second ability Sinkhole?
The Sinkhole would instead drop the enemy to the bottom of pit, dealing physical damage. But it doesn't stun, can't be manually risen up until the end of the duration.

I could see this hero having great plays with other stone related heros, like Earthshaker, Tiny and Earthspirit.
Good sirs, do check out my supreme New Abilities forum if you are in need of finding ideas to use for your creations! FREE FOR ALL

MasterMinddd

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » March 31, 2014 1:35am | Report
The mana cost for Fleet Feet is too high, I guess. I will change it to 50.

The Sinkhole idea sounds fun, I'm gonna go work on it!

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » March 31, 2014 1:49am | Report
Nice work, with that spam he is like weaver/spectre mix.
Really ingenious concept.

I too like the idea of a sinkhole, but maybe the 1st skill could be modified into something like sf's nukes, you level up Q and get 3 skills, a lift, a sinkhole, and a crumble.

Earthstorm sounds like a rework of Ravage IMO.

Maybe let the pillars grant vision so that its easier to hit, and maybe also trueshot as attacks miss uphill.

Also the guy comes of as a nuker, the passive might get you in trouble, maybe change it into an active point ability with 2 sec cooldown or 0 sec.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » March 31, 2014 4:54pm | Report
So quick question. Would someone with a Blink Dagger, Force Staff or somone playing Morphling with Waveform maybe be able to get off of the pillars and dodge the damage that would have been cause from the crumbling of the pillar?

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » April 1, 2014 1:50am | Report
BKvoiceover wrote:

So quick question. Would someone with a Blink Dagger, Force Staff or somone playing Morphling with Waveform maybe be able to get off of the pillars and dodge the damage that would have been cause from the crumbling of the pillar?

Yes, that is the weakness of this hero, but he makes up for it by being able to disrupt enemy positioning while destroying armor.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MasterMinddd » April 14, 2014 6:52am | Report
Maybe, if you used rising ground on yourself, you will gain a small ranged attack for the duration, and can see behind trees, while the enemy can't see you : )
Good sirs, do check out my supreme New Abilities forum if you are in need of finding ideas to use for your creations! FREE FOR ALL

MasterMinddd

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved