Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bubble, the Bubble

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Bubble, the Bubble 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 7, 2015 8:18pm | Report
Long before the Fundamentals, way before time or space a single sphere existed. Although sometimes confused with Io, the Wisp, they are different in every way. Io is a symbol for power, while Bubble is a symbol for the child-like. Io is a manifestation of all physical forces, while Bubble searches and utilizes the forces within.

Statistics
Faction: Radiant
Primary Attribute: None (No stat items will grant damage)
Strength: 30 + 3
Intelligence: 30 + 3
Agility: 30 + 3
BAT: 1.7
Movement Speed: 310
Base Armor: 1

{Q}: Child-like memories
Toggled.
Bubble's presence unlocks the inner imagination and vitality of a child in his allies, temporarily decreasing their armour and maximum HP and increasing their HP and Mana regeneration, and movement speed.

AOE: 750
Max HP decreased: 300
Armour Reduced: 1/2/3/4
HP regen: 5/10/15/20
Mana regen: 5/10/15/20
Movement speed bonus: 5/10/15/20
Children laugh and play with Bubble all the time! They just don't know it.
{W}: Strength in Weakness
Passive
Bubble allows allies to find strength in their weakness, giving all allies around him (and other Bubbles) bonus strength depending on their stats.

For every point Strength Bubble has more then an ally, the ally receives 5/10/15/20 Maximum HP.
For every point Intelligence Bubble has more then an ally, the ally receives 5/10/15/20 Maximum Mana.
For every point Agility Bubble has more then an ally, the ally receives 5/10/15/20 Attack speed.

Bubble's specialty: Strength in Weakness
{E}: Free-Float
Active, no target.
For a short duration, Bubble's maximum HP is lowered and he gains free-pathing.
Duration: 15

Mana Cost: 50
Cooldown: 15
Like all bubbles, Bubble freely moves about, not caring too much about obstacles
Spoiler: Click to view

{R}: Bubbles
Active, no target.
Bubble creates copies of himself that have all his abilities including 'Bubbles.' These copies can be killed without any harm done to the actual hero.

Copy duration: Until death.

Cooldown: 240
Manacost: 200

What do you guys think? I meant him as an solo-offlaner, I think.
And Yzreel, fire away!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PokerKid » January 8, 2015 3:35am | Report
This is a nice hero to be honest, simple and interesting.
Let me talk about some of the abilities.

{Q}: Child-like memories
The HP and Armour decrease is well thought, and clear as a bubble.
But seriously, that HP and Mana Regen will be useless in late game, it can't even heal more than
Witch Doctor's Voodoo Restoration.

{W}: Strength in Weakness
Maybe I'm too stupid, I don't really understand the ability but it's quite okay the way it sounds like.

{E}: Free-Float
I think you should inrease the Cooldown and lower the duration.
If his mana is enough, he can do it forever, which actually makes him invulnerable...
And you make it not cut through trees, then enemies can't even touch him..

Lol, this is most OP. Have you thought about if someone is clever enough, they will just keep making copies and hide them some where, when they have like 100 copies they control them to all attack at same time then it will be gg...
So I suggest you to make maximum copies or actually make a duration...
"Better not.. Just because you don't know what's in it, and want to open Pandora's box, because if you know what's inside the box before you open it, it won't be interesting at all." -Kid

PokerKid

Notable (2)
Steam: PokerKid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 8, 2015 3:53am | Report
PokerKid wrote:

Lol, this is most OP. Have you thought about if someone is clever enough, they will just keep making copies and hide them some where, when they have like 100 copies they control them to all attack at same time then it will be gg...
So I suggest you to make maximum copies or actually make a duration...

Unless the game goes to 400 minutes, there is no way this hero can get anywhere near 100 copies lol

EDIT:
Btw, sofa double posted this thread lol

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PokerKid » January 8, 2015 5:10am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Unless the game goes to 400 minutes, there is no way this hero can get anywhere near 100 copies lol

I know, I was just making an example lol, my meaning is that they can make alot of copies that DEAL 100% and RECEIVE 100% damage, won't that be OP?

And you can confuse enemies ALOT, since there is no way to identify which one is the real maybe except for Medusa's Stone Gaze..?
"Better not.. Just because you don't know what's in it, and want to open Pandora's box, because if you know what's inside the box before you open it, it won't be interesting at all." -Kid

PokerKid

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » January 8, 2015 6:04am | Report
PokerKid wrote:

I know, I was just making an example lol, my meaning is that they can make alot of copies that DEAL 100% and RECEIVE 100% damage, won't that be OP?

And you can confuse enemies ALOT, since there is no way to identify which one is the real maybe except for Medusa's Stone Gaze..?

True, there is indeed a flaw in the ultimate. Also, my comments in the double post have been deleted. No offence, but I simply don't agree with the idea. I don't see how this hero could be useful other than with the aforementioned strategy with mass Bubbles floating around, and even then it would take 40 minutes for him to amass such an army (which pretty much lasts for only a few pushes/fights/???).

I will summarise what I said in that post:
No damage, no disables, buffs not strong enough, hard for stats to be higher than teammate's a bit later, bubbles needs rework
Suggestions are -- give Child-like Memories bonus out-of-combat regeneration (few seconds after teammate gets hit), give Strength in Weakness active ally purge component, replace Free Floating with Dreamburst (when activated, self becomes invulnerable and moves faster, then after a few seconds explodes and deals damage to enemies and slows, with some time of invulnerability afterwards), add max limit to Bubbles but decrease cooldown.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PokerKid » January 8, 2015 6:27am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

True, there is indeed a flaw in the ultimate. Also, my comments in the double post have been deleted. No offence, but I simply don't agree with the idea. I don't see how this hero could be useful other than with the aforementioned strategy with mass Bubbles floating around, and even then it would take 40 minutes for him to amass such an army (which pretty much lasts for only a few pushes/fights/???).

I will summarise what I said in that post:
No damage, no disables, buffs not strong enough, hard for stats to be higher than teammate's a bit later, bubbles needs rework
Suggestions are -- give Child-like Memories bonus out-of-combat regeneration (few seconds after teammate gets hit), give Strength in Weakness active ally purge component, replace Free Floating with Dreamburst (when activated, self becomes invulnerable and moves faster, then after a few seconds explodes and deals damage to enemies and slows, with some time of invulnerability afterwards), add max limit to Bubbles but decrease cooldown.

Well, your idea is nice but this hero needs a Faction since I don't think Dota allows it and why can't it damage lol, I don't get it but I think it should also get a primary attribute..?

And this hero is too OP in escaping, and we already have Arc Warden's Tempest Double

PokerKid

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 8, 2015 7:33am | Report
OK!

After reading PokerKind's comments, here are the changes:

{Q}: 20 bonus regen not good enough? C'mon man!

{E}: Cooldown increased to 20, duration decreased to 10,

After reading Pory's comments:

No damage: He's not supposed to deal damage.
Buffs not strong enough: Really? I always thought he would be too OP.

Child-like Memories now heals for 50 if Bubbles has not been hit for the past 13 seconds.

See, they way I designed this hero is to buy stat items. Not to deal damage, as that doesn't work. It's to make use of Strength in Weakness.
You can see that I didn't even put a 'base damage' part in the stats, this guy's right-click is around a 0.

Will tweak later, have to go to school :D

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » January 8, 2015 10:22am | Report
Look Sofa, I'm not going to be rude or anything, but... are you kidding me? I really, really think that this one is just sort of a bait (and if it, I have eaten it). I won't go so far as saying that this hero is absolutely horrible, but well... I nominate this hero as one of the hero you should do a complete reboot (including ALL his skills, lore, stats and even name, like... what kind of hero has the same name as his title?)

So yeah, you wish for my 'fire', here it is:
(Sorry to be quite, err.... very harsh, but I am being objective here, and I will try not to put my personal feeling as possible)

Let's start this one with overall analysis, okay? I can see that this hero do not have any primary attribute, and that is just pushing it. I know that this might be balancing for his absurd stats and stats gain, but... no, it's better if you just pick an attribute and reduce the stats. Now, I mentioned the absurd stats, and by absurd, I mean horrendously stupefying. There is only one hero in Dota that have same stats and stats gain, which is Bane, BUT, he only has 22 + 2.1 in all stats, and this hero trumps that by A LOT, 30 + 3 in all gives him an edge of 24 total stats in level one and 2.7 total stats advantage per level, and that is just crazy (since it would be 24*2.7 = 64.8 stats at lvl 25), basically all the highest tier stats item. The role that you said he should be is a solo-offlaner, and that really doesn't fit his skills. 2 of his skills (both Q and W) are abilities that benefits ally, and you saying that he should be solo-offlaner really doesn't make sense that way, although his other skill is an escape skill (the only skill he has that actually fit him being solo-offlaner). I know that you probably wants him to have lvl advantage for his W, but I cannot see him being his best in there.

Now unto the skills, shall we? I'll start with his Q skill, Child Like Memory (can we do something for that name?) To me, this skill is too much of a troll skill (imagine this situation: Keeper of the Light at level one without strength item would have 416 HP, and this hero lane with him. The moment an enemy want to jump to Keeper of the Light, the player of this hero decided to just use this skill, reducing the HP to 116, well... you get the point). I would say that precisely because of this, the skill is horribly designed. Anyway, let's crunch them numbers okay? I think this skill is quite (if not really) overpowered, and the way you balance it with armor reduction and 300 max HP reduction is not that wise. Let's go for the HP regen first, okay? 20 at the final level is really, really strong ( Tranquil Boots only provide 12), and even if compared to Voodoo Restoration, it heals half of the amount WITHOUT mana cost (in fact, healing it). This leads us to the second point, mana restoration, now, this part is absolutely freaking totally broken, you can LITERALLY turn this skill on in any kind of time without EVER turning it off, providing permanent 20 MP restoration ( Clarity only providing 3.75). The 20 move speed is really useless though, I don't see the point of that. Anyway, this skill very, very odd, I would much rather if you can just put in MP cost to the toggle (at least to self), remove the HP recovery as well as the strange drawback of the skill (300 HP and armor reduction), while reducing the MP recovery and increasing movement speed. I guess around 1/2/3/4 MP recovery and 20/30/40/50 movement speed would be nice at the cost of 20 MP per second?

Second skill now, I think this one might take more time since it is even more broken than the previous skill. This skill is PASSIVE, which means it will give substantial boost to HP, MP and attack speed to all heroes by huge amounts because of his ridiculous base stats. Want me to do the counting? Here I go: Assume no item at level one, the maximum amount to max HP it can give to a friend would be to Medusa (again), which is (30-14)*5 = 80, which is not that crazy, but then comes level 7 and let's count it again, the number become crazy (30+3*6) = 48, which is this hero STR at that level, and medusa is just (14+1.8*6) = 23.9 (24). That gives Medusa crazy amount of HP, which is (48-24)*20 = 480 HP (approximately 2 Vitality Booster for free, which is around 2,200 gold), which gives him 606+480 = 1086 HP at level 7, defeating even his HP at level 16 (which is only 910). And that is just the HP part, what about MP? I'll use Troll Warlord the maximum amount for MP it provide. 48 would be this hero INT at level 7, while troll would only have (13+1*6) = 19. This means (48-19)*20 maximum MP, do you want me to count it? It's freaking 580 at level 7, defeating even Scythe of Vyse that provides only 455 MP and Bloodstone that gives 500 MP. Well, what about attack speed? Let's use Tiny for this one, he will have only (9+0.9*6) = 14.4 (14). This means (48-14)*20 attack speed, which is.... 680 freaking attack speed. Well, if I have to say something.... CAN YOU PLEASE, PLEASE RECALCULATE? I mean, 680! Even Focus Fire only give you 500 bonus attack speed (which is the maximum attack speed). This is by no definition balanced. Although this skill's idea is really interesting, I find it hard to really suggest anything since this skill can only be too OP or too UP, so I'd suggest actually recreating this skill (or even hero, since this hero is based on this skill). God that took so long.

E skill? I would like to say more, but this skill is really, really limited in commenting. Why? You don't write how levelling it change anything. I like that idea, but the ability to freely phase through obstacle to be OP. You probably want to combine Firefly and Phase Shift, but this skill is just horribly designed. It's probably better if you combine the phasing power with something else and do the scaling. Currently, it's just too abstract for me to actually comment.

And the ultimate skill? Basically what I said for the E skill, and let's just forget about the obvious (what have already been said), and even if you put in actual timed life or limit, I think it's still pretty much OP (but at the same time UP because of its low synergy to the rest of the skill), it's like Meepo without any risk, and actually having more of this hero is not nearly as beneficial as Meepo, it's just going to practically make your aura global. However, the damage and tanking power it gives would be good.

To sum it all up is that this hero lack synergy with his skills and roles, he doesn't make much sense and you didn't bother at all to create scaling (notice how his E and R has none at all and how Q and W use basic 5/10/15/20). Anyway, some of this hero's skills are pretty interesting and you have done some very original works here, but this hero seems more like a lump of idea piled together without any concept in mind (which leads to him being invalid in real game). I really advise if you take one skill you would like to use and expand from it from scratch. I'm sorry if I am being really harsh with my words, no offence :)

P.S: Wow, ZERO damage, really? And you still said that this hero is a solo-offlaner? Sorry, but this hero need a total redesign
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » January 8, 2015 2:48pm | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Look Sofa, I'm not going to be rude or anything, but... are you kidding me? I really, really think that this one is just sort of a bait (and if it, I have eaten it). I won't go so far as saying that this hero is absolutely horrible, but well... I nominate this hero as one of the hero you should do a complete reboot (including ALL his skills, lore, stats and even name, like... what kind of hero has the same name as his title?)

So yeah, you wish for my 'fire', here it is:
(Sorry to be quite, err.... very harsh, but I am being objective here, and I will try not to put my personal feeling as possible)

Let's start this one with overall analysis, okay? I can see that this hero do not have any primary attribute, and that is just pushing it. I know that this might be balancing for his absurd stats and stats gain, but... no, it's better if you just pick an attribute and reduce the stats. Now, I mentioned the absurd stats, and by absurd, I mean horrendously stupefying. There is only one hero in Dota that have same stats and stats gain, which is Bane, BUT, he only has 22 + 2.1 in all stats, and this hero trumps that by A LOT, 30 + 3 in all gives him an edge of 24 total stats in level one and 2.7 total stats advantage per level, and that is just crazy (since it would be 24*2.7 = 64.8 stats at lvl 25), basically all the highest tier stats item. The role that you said he should be is a solo-offlaner, and that really doesn't fit his skills. 2 of his skills (both Q and W) are abilities that benefits ally, and you saying that he should be solo-offlaner really doesn't make sense that way, although his other skill is an escape skill (the only skill he has that actually fit him being solo-offlaner). I know that you probably wants him to have lvl advantage for his W, but I cannot see him being his best in there.

Now unto the skills, shall we? I'll start with his Q skill, Child Like Memory (can we do something for that name?) To me, this skill is too much of a troll skill (imagine this situation: Keeper of the Light at level one without strength item would have 416 HP, and this hero lane with him. The moment an enemy want to jump to Keeper of the Light, the player of this hero decided to just use this skill, reducing the HP to 116, well... you get the point). I would say that precisely because of this, the skill is horribly designed. Anyway, let's crunch them numbers okay? I think this skill is quite (if not really) overpowered, and the way you balance it with armor reduction and 300 max HP reduction is not that wise. Let's go for the HP regen first, okay? 20 at the final level is really, really strong ( Tranquil Boots only provide 12), and even if compared to Voodoo Restoration, it heals half of the amount WITHOUT mana cost (in fact, healing it). This leads us to the second point, mana restoration, now, this part is absolutely freaking totally broken, you can LITERALLY turn this skill on in any kind of time without EVER turning it off, providing permanent 20 MP restoration ( Clarity only providing 3.75). The 20 move speed is really useless though, I don't see the point of that. Anyway, this skill very, very odd, I would much rather if you can just put in MP cost to the toggle (at least to self), remove the HP recovery as well as the strange drawback of the skill (300 HP and armor reduction), while reducing the MP recovery and increasing movement speed. I guess around 1/2/3/4 MP recovery and 20/30/40/50 movement speed would be nice at the cost of 20 MP per second?

Second skill now, I think this one might take more time since it is even more broken than the previous skill. This skill is PASSIVE, which means it will give substantial boost to HP, MP and attack speed to all heroes by huge amounts because of his ridiculous base stats. Want me to do the counting? Here I go: Assume no item at level one, the maximum amount to max HP it can give to a friend would be to Medusa (again), which is (30-14)*5 = 80, which is not that crazy, but then comes level 7 and let's count it again, the number become crazy (30+3*6) = 48, which is this hero STR at that level, and medusa is just (14+1.8*6) = 23.9 (24). That gives Keeper of the Light crazy amount of HP, which is (48-24)*20 = 480 HP (approximately 2 Vitality Booster for free, which is around 2,200 gold), which gives him 606+480 = 1086 HP at level 7, defeating even his HP at level 16 (which is only 910). And that is just the HP part, what about MP? I'll use Troll Warlord the maximum amount for MP it provide. 48 would be this hero INT at level 7, while troll would only have (13+1*6) = 19. This means (48-19)*20 maximum MP, do you want me to count it? It's freaking 580 at level 7, defeating even Scythe of Vyse that provides only 455 MP and Bloodstone that gives 500 MP. Well, what about attack speed? Let's use Tiny for this one, he will have only (9+0.9*6) = 14.4 (14). This means (48-14)*20 attack speed, which is.... 680 freaking attack speed. Well, if I have to say something.... CAN YOU PLEASE, PLEASE RECALCULATE? I mean, 680! Even Focus Fire only give you 500 bonus attack speed (which is the maximum attack speed). This is by no definition balanced. Although this skill's idea is really interesting, I find it hard to really suggest anything since this skill can only be too OP or too UP, so I'd suggest actually recreating this skill (or even hero, since this hero is based on this skill). God that took so long.

E skill? I would like to say more, but this skill is really, really limited in commenting. Why? You don't write how levelling it change anything. I like that idea, but the ability to freely phase through obstacle to be OP. You probably want to combine Firefly and Phase Shift, but this skill is just horribly designed. It's probably better if you combine the phasing power with something else and do the scaling. Currently, it's just too abstract for me to actually comment.

And the ultimate skill? Basically what I said for the E skill, and let's just forget about the obvious (what have already been said), and even if you put in actual timed life or limit, I think it's still pretty much OP (but at the same time UP because of its low synergy to the rest of the skill), it's like Meepo without any risk, and actually having more of this hero is not nearly as beneficial as Meepo, it's just going to practically make your aura global. However, the damage and tanking power it gives would be good.

To sum it all up is that this hero lack synergy with his skills and roles, he doesn't make much sense and you didn't bother at all to create scaling (notice how his E and R has none at all and how Q and W use basic 5/10/15/20). Anyway, some of this hero's skills are pretty interesting and you have done some very original works here, but this hero seems more like a lump of idea piled together without any concept in mind (which leads to him being invalid in real game). I really advise if you take one skill you would like to use and expand from it from scratch. I'm sorry if I am being really harsh with my words, no offence :)

P.S: Wow, ZERO damage, really? And you still said that this hero is a solo-offlaner? Sorry, but this hero need a total redesign

Holy moly,

Yzreel coming back with a bang it seems :p

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » January 8, 2015 3:14pm | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

Holy moly,

Yzreel coming back with a bang it seems :p

I never want one of those systematical take downs directed at me, that's for sure :D
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved