Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Aora, Mistress of Rain

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Aora, Mistress of Rain 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 14, 2014 9:15am | Report
On a dark stormy night, deep within the Sky-crest Caverns. A priest sits in front of a makeshift shrine, begging for help from the sky. The ongoing battle between Radiant and Dire has ravaged the land. Leaving nothing but destruction. Growing crops is futile, and the people needed a solution. And so the priest was sent to beg the sky gods for help. But she got much more than expected. The Gods in the sky imbued the priest with the power to control the rain. The priest's name was Aora. She practised her powers on watering crops, putting out fires and fixing the destruction left by the battles. And once she had trained enough, she left for the Radiant Ancient. Hoping her powers could bring the Radiant to victory, and to end the (what seemed to be) endless battle. (Just a little try at a backstory).

Just a little idea I came up with when I was bored, don't really know how far/big ranges and radius' are but hopefully I didn't make them too large :)

Aora, Mistress of Rain (Radiant Hero)

Base stats,
Health: 462
Mana: 322
Strength: 15
Agility: 14
Intelligence: 21 (Primary Attribute)
Movement Speed: 290
Armour: 1

Q: April Showers, (Channeled) (AoE) (Target Point) (Can be canceled at any point during channeling)
Aora showers the target area with soothing rain. Restoring allies' health and slowing enemies. (spell will cancel if player moves or is stunned)
Radius: 300
HP restored per second: 40/60/80/100
Duration: 5/6/7/8
Movement slow: 10%/15%/20%/30%
Mana: 50/60/70/90 Cooldown: 13/12/12/10

W: Droplet Barrage, (Target Point)
Aora fires a barrage of droplets in a line, dealing damage and pushing enemies backwards.
Range: 600/650/700/800
Damage: 100/150/210/260
Knockback Distance: 150/250/350/370
Mana: 100/120/130/140 Cooldown: 8/7/6/5

E: Wind Resistance, (Passive)
Aora has learnt to become resistant to strong winds, allowing her to move faster and be more evasive.
Movement Speed Boost: 10%/15%/20%/25%
Chance to Evade: 10%/15%/20%/25%

R: Downpour: (AoE) (Target Point)
Aora summons clouds to a target location to shoot heavy raindrops down in a large AoE. Which deals heavy damage per second, and destroys trees. Enemies are also slowed in the radius.
Damage: 80/90/100 (Aghanims: 125)
Radius 500/600/800 (Aghanims: 950)
Duration 6/7/8 (Aghanims: 12)
Slow: 10%/15%/20% (Aghanims: 25%)
Mana: 200/300/400 Cooldown 120/110/100

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 14, 2014 12:11pm | Report
Is ulti like Razor's?

It's pretty good, but maybe you can add a backstory or something. and is Wind Resistance evasion (Auto attacks) or magic resist.?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 14, 2014 12:33pm | Report
Ultimate is similar to Razor's, except for the fact that you can aim at a target point instead of it following you around.

And thanks for the comment. I'll see if I can come up with a decent backstory :)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 14, 2014 12:34pm | Report
No problem. Please state that you can aim at a target point, though.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 14, 2014 12:38pm | Report
Done. Fixed a few other mistakes as well.
(oh and forgot to mention, Wind Resistance evades auto attacks, added that too)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » June 14, 2014 1:24pm | Report
I like this. It's a pretty flexible hero, good for supporting and controlling the field. I like the backstory, it avoids so many of the cliches that dota heroes tend to get in their lore. Pretty balanced, though that Q heals a LOT. I'd have to see it in action to know whether it's too much, but it basically makes it nigh impossible for the other team to fight under it and win. The R also does a lot of damage in a decently large radius... it's probably fine, but again, I'd have to see it to know for sure.

Overall, like I said, a great idea with a solid execution. Let me know if you come up with any more ideas. :p

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 14, 2014 1:37pm | Report
Thanks a lot for your comment.
Q might be a little too powerful. I added in the channeling so it could be countered via stun or something.

Maybe I'll nerf it a bit. And as for the ultimate, maybe the radius is too big? I'm not really able to picture how large it would be in my head, but I did want her to have a pretty powerful ult so she could take down enemies and be a support (similar to crystal maiden).

Thanks so much for your comment. And I have plenty more ideas so stay tuned! :)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by oldKainen » June 14, 2014 2:44pm | Report
The hero concept is quite nice and interesting, and in general the skills are somewhat balanced.
To be more clear, just put that the E gives Evasion. The Evasion could scale more linear, as 18% evasion is quite low.
I think you could decrease the duration of the Q - 13 seconds it's a lot. Maybe it could be something like 4/5/6/7 seconds, with the possibility to cancel the channeling.

oldKainen

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (14)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 14, 2014 2:49pm | Report
Thanks for the tips! I changed the heal duration and increased evasion a tad bit.
Thanks for checking this out :)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 14, 2014 4:59pm | Report
Love this hero, man! You know guys, the Q isn't so OP, because it only has a radius of 300, so if allies come together to heal, they unwittingly clump up and make themselves vulnerable to AoE spells and ultimates. If she spots an enemy coming towards her, she can just use Droplet Barrage to push them back, and use the bonus speed to reposition. I can see Downpour being extremely effective when combined with other AoE ultimates (BLACK HOOOOOOLE), but I think it deals a little too much damage. At level 1 alone, it deals over 900 damage while enemies struggle to escape because of the slow (you forgot to add the numbers, so not sure what you have in mind). I suggest that you reduce the damage to 90 at level 1 (still does more damage than level 2 Ghostship, but its spread over time so it should be fine), scaling 90/100/110. The level 3 Dounpour still does 110 x 8 = 880 damage, which is nothing to sneeze at at any stage of the game. Also increase the cooldown to something like 120/100/80. An ultimate like this needs a longer cooldown to keep it balanced.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved