Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Andrylos, the Reaper

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Andrylos, the Reaper 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 23, 2014 9:10am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

You asked for it, no hard feeling then! Oh, by the way, criticize my new idea as well so we are even :p

Okay, so where to start... *evil smirk*
Well, let's go with the skill order, shall we?

For the first skill, I believe that it drains too freaking much of HP. Why? Well, let's go to math doto :) The damage is 320 for each enemy, mind you that the AoE at the maximum level is 400, and for good players (actually, even for mediocre players) it is very possible to deal damage to at least 4 creeps and 2 heroes in normal dual lane in a single wave (even more if the creeps are stacked). So based on that, here are the calculation: (4*320)+(2*75%*320) = 1280 (from 4 creeps, since they have no magic resist) + 480 (two heroes with basic 25% resistance) = 1760 damage, which is 70%*1760 = 1232 freaking heal for just 120 mana cost. Well..... Decide for yourself what this means.

For the second skill, well.... Let me say it like this: hey, you know what's the normal single-stun duration? Oh, it's 2 seconds, right? Well, this skill gives you 3 seconds stun in A LINE (thus enabling multiple target stun for 3 seconds). Oh, and it's not all! It's combined with a freaking 1200 range blink!

For the third... Ever wonder why Kinetic Field needs formation time? It's because 5 seconds lock down is crazy, even Ravage is only capable of 2.77 seconds lock down (well, I know that it does damage and all) and Kinetic Field does not even deal any damage. This skill? It requires NO formation/animation time, lasts for 5 freaking second (as if your 3 seconds stun is not pretty OP) and to put a cream on it, also deals 300 damage in 450 AoE! That's a normal nuking damage (normally only one hero and has no additional, crazy effects like slow and lock down), so yeah.....

The ultimate skill, well it is very interesting, but is it right to assume that with Black King Bar and sufficient practice you can insta-kill anyone? Don't you think it is crazy yourself? Especially with ABSOLUTE NO WAY to evade this skill. I know that you are rushed and still have to put details in, so I'll refrain from criticizing your ulti anymore

Now, don't get me wrong, I like this hero idea and I have put some thought in the past on making a hero with similar skill as this ulti (which I scrap because it seems impossible). However, you still lacks A LOT of balancing and scaling (not to mention details), my friend :)

Oh, by the way, if you want suggestions (which you did not ask before), do suggest as well in my hero idea :p

I get the feeling that you're an engineeer or something. You're the only person on this forum who ever fully explains themselves.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 23, 2014 9:16am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

I get the feeling that you're an engineer or something. You're the only person on this forum who ever fully explains themselves.

Lol I don't know if that's supposed to be an insult or flattery, and no, I am not an engineer :p
It's just that I find it irritating if someone just say what they want without any viable explanation behind it, and even more if someone just write what they feel the like without any thinking process behind it (which is why I try my best to explain as best as I can)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » June 23, 2014 9:45am | Report
I respect that. I like it. On my threads it was actually very helpful.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 23, 2014 9:58am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

You asked for it, no hard feeling then! Oh, by the way, criticize my new idea as well so we are even :p

Okay, so where to start... *evil smirk*
Well, let's go with the skill order, shall we?

For the first skill, I believe that it drains too freaking much of HP. Why? Well, let's go to math doto :) The damage is 320 for each enemy, mind you that the AoE at the maximum level is 400, and for good players (actually, even for mediocre players) it is very possible to deal damage to at least 4 creeps and 2 heroes in normal dual lane in a single wave (even more if the creeps are stacked). So based on that, here are the calculation: (4*320)+(2*75%*320) = 1280 (from 4 creeps, since they have no magic resist) + 480 (two heroes with basic 25% resistance) = 1760 damage, which is 70%*1760 = 1232 freaking heal for just 120 mana cost. Well..... Decide for yourself what this means.

For the second skill, well.... Let me say it like this: hey, you know what's the normal single-stun duration? Oh, it's 2 seconds, right? Well, this skill gives you 3 seconds stun in A LINE (thus enabling multiple target stun for 3 seconds). Oh, and it's not all! It's combined with a freaking 1200 range blink!

For the third... Ever wonder why Kinetic Field needs formation time? It's because 5 seconds lock down is crazy, even Ravage is only capable of 2.77 seconds lock down (well, I know that it does damage and all) and Kinetic Field does not even deal any damage. This skill? It requires NO formation/animation time, lasts for 5 freaking second (as if your 3 seconds stun is not pretty OP) and to put a cream on it, also deals 300 damage in 450 AoE! That's a normal nuking damage (normally only one hero and has no additional, crazy effects like slow and lock down), so yeah.....

The ultimate skill, well it is very interesting, but is it right to assume that with Black King Bar and sufficient practice you can insta-kill anyone? Don't you think it is crazy yourself? Especially with ABSOLUTE NO WAY to evade this skill. I know that you are rushed and still have to put details in, so I'll refrain from criticizing your ulti anymore

Now, don't get me wrong, I like this hero idea and I have put some thought in the past on making a hero with similar skill as this ulti (which I scrap because it seems impossible). However, you still lacks A LOT of balancing and scaling (not to mention details), my friend :)

Oh, by the way, if you want suggestions (which you did not ask before), do suggest as well in my hero idea :p

tl;dr: Tweaks needed xD. No but ty for that.

You reminded me that I meant to put a formation time in :P

In other news, OVERHAULS TO ALL SKILLS. A brief overview:
-Ulti can be broken by moving out of range or by gaining magic immunity
-Damage nerf on Q
-Stun changed to 0.3 second ministuns on W, and range nerf
-Formation time and DoT nerf on E

EDIT: Oh yeah, and (idk who I mentioned this to before) the phrases for the ulti are randomised each time, so practise isn't going to help as much.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 23, 2014 10:29am | Report
Look, I checked the overhaul and I'm sorry but it seems that you got my idea wrong :(
Oh well, here are my suggestions:

For first skill, rather than reducing the damage output (which makes it a horrifyingly useless spell currently), I would suggest giving a cap to the heal (or probably reduce heal amount). The aoe an damage scaling also need rework so that it is more viable early on, probably to 250/300/350/400 radius, with damage of around 120/190/260/330.

As of the second, 0.3 seconds mini-stun is way useless, and since that you nerf the leap to 1000 range, I believe it is better to give him a stun (just not as extreme as 3 seconds), probably around 1/1.2/1.4/1.6 seconds

The third one, 2 seconds formation time is actually a bit too much, but if you do change the ministun of second skill to a short stun duration, it is fine to keep as it was (the 3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds duration), as long as you reduce the damage from what it was (now is too much). I suggest making the damage per second 25/30/35/40 and slow to a fixed 20% (or remove slow to give more dps)

The ultimate skill, hmmm... it's a bit more tricky, because no matter how you randomize it supposedly there are only a limited amount of phrases. Because of that, I suggest you making it impossible to kill enemies with probably more than 30/45/60% max HP (acts almost like Reaper's Scythe), and thus making it worthwhile to be upgraded
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 23, 2014 10:43am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Look, I checked the overhaul and I'm sorry but it seems that you got my idea wrong :(
Oh well, here are my suggestions:

For first skill, rather than reducing the damage output (which makes it a horrifyingly useless spell currently), I would suggest giving a cap to the heal (or probably reduce heal amount). The aoe an damage scaling also need rework so that it is more viable early on, probably to 250/300/350/400 radius, with damage of around 120/190/260/330.

As of the second, 0.3 seconds mini-stun is way useless, and since that you nerf the leap to 1000 range, I believe it is better to give him a stun (just not as extreme as 3 seconds), probably around 1/1.2/1.4/1.6 seconds

The third one, 2 seconds formation time is actually a bit too much, but if you do change the ministun of second skill to a short stun duration, it is fine to keep as it was (the 3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds duration), as long as you reduce the damage from what it was (now is too much). I suggest making the damage per second 25/30/35/40 and slow to a fixed 20% (or remove slow to give more dps)

The ultimate skill, hmmm... it's a bit more tricky, because no matter how you randomize it supposedly there are only a limited amount of phrases. Because of that, I suggest you making it impossible to kill enemies with probably more than 30/45/60% max HP (acts almost like Reaper's Scythe), and thus making it worthwhile to be upgraded

Ok, done.......

Look, I think the reason I enjoy criticism less than everyone else is...I made this hero in my spare time, if I listen and adapt to criticism and feedback, it really doesn't feel like my own hero anymore. I know that's a stupid thing to think, it's all making my hero that much more balanced, but I just...I can't explain this all that well.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » June 23, 2014 10:46am | Report
I know what you mean! If you feel it doesn't need any changes don't change it. It's up to you really :)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 23, 2014 11:44am | Report
Yeah, I understand what you mean, sorry about that
If you do feel that way, I'll refrain from criticizing and giving feedback to you
Take care :)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » June 23, 2014 12:06pm | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Yeah, I understand what you mean, sorry about that
If you do feel that way, I'll refrain from criticizing and giving feedback to you
Take care :)

Ah now don't do that. If you did that, my hero would be stuck in a stupidly unbalanced OP state, and I WANT my heroes to be as good as they can get. It's when it gets to completely replacing skillsets and hell, even lores (once, on a different forum).

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved