Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

An Old Idea Revisited: Myojin

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » An Old Idea Revisited: Myojin 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » May 9, 2014 9:16am | Report
EDIT: This was originally a remake of an old hero concept I made, but it grew into something completely different. I forgot to rename the title of the thread when I posted it, and now I can't change it, sorry.

Triad, Mystic Seer
The Radiant
Intelligence Hero
Melee (128 Range)
Carry, Durable, Escape

Str: 18 + 2.2 per lvl (69.8 at level 25)
Agi: 18 + 2.2 per lvl (69.8 at level 25)
Int: 18 + 2.2 per lvl (69.8 at level 25)

Starting HP: 530
Starting Mana: 260
Starting Armor: 4.5 (2 base armor + 2.5 agi)
Base Attack Time: 1.7
Base Damage: 39 - 48
Base Movement Speed: 300
Cast point: .1 sec
Attack point: .3 sec
Sight Range: Day 1500, Night 500

Lore:
Triad was born a humble son of a small-town innkeeper, and grew up listening to the tales of travelers who stopped to rest there. Some were happy, some sad, and some were both, but Triad always learned something from them, some life lesson. It wasn't long before his keen mind had matured to the point that he felt the call to travel, for there was nothing left to learn by hearsay. On his journey of enlightenment, he met many people and studied their ways, always striving to better himself and learn more about the story of his world. Many years passed, and the young Triad grew from a young man into a wise man, and he soon became the man that others went to see when they needed guidance. And thus, Triad came to the completion of his own story; he who was once the learner was now the teacher.

Abilities: (All of this hero's abilities function similarly to Slark's ultimate; each one has a passive component and an active component)

Q - Focus Trance (Passive, Active)
Whenever Triad casts a spell, it grants him a stack of Focus. For each stack of Focus, he gains a +.5/1/1.5/2 bonus to each attribute. Focus stacks last for 2/4/6/8 seconds. The maximum number of stacks he can have at one time is 4/8/12/16.
When activated, gives Triad a buff that causes each spell he casts to grant him 1 second of magic immunity and remove any purgeable debuffs on him. If he casts a spell while he is still magic immune in this way, he adds 1 second to the duration. This secondary buff lasts 4 seconds.
((When Triad gains a stack of focus at level 1 of the skill, the extra stats gained give him 9.5 HP, 6.5 mana, .07 armor, .5% attack speed, and +.5-1.5 damage.
When Triad gains a stack of focus at level 4 of the skill, the extra stats gained give him 38 HP, 26 mana, .29 armor, 2% attack speed, and +2-6 damage.))

Cooldown: 13 / 10 / 7 / 4
Mana Cost: 50 / 100 / 150 / 200

Note: Using this skill will trigger 1 second of magic immunity from itself. This magic immunity functions similarly to Omniknight's Repel, so it can be purged with Diffusal Blade or similar effects.

W - Mystic Strikes (Passive, Active)
Passively converts 15/30/45/60% of his base damage to pure damage.
When activated, doubles the conversion percentage to 30/60/90/120% and gives his attacks true strike. Lasts 5 seconds.

Cooldown: 10 / 8 / 6 / 4
Mana Cost: 30 / 60 / 90 / 120

Note: At level 4, this spell's activated portion will cause Triad's attacks to deal 20% extra base damage. This damage affects towers and other magic-immune heroes or units like a normal auto-attack would.

E - Long Sight (Passive, Toggle)
Passively extends his vision range by 250/500/750/1000. Applies equally to day and night vision range. Also grants unobstructed vision to half his sight range. At level 3 this skill grants true sight to one-fourth of his vision range.
When toggled on, gives a buff that doubles his unobstructed vision and true sight ranges. Also grants him unit-walking. At level 4, it gives him free pathing. Only triggers cooldown when toggled off.

Cooldown: 18 / 14 / 10 / 6
Mana Cost: 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 mana per second

Note: This skill will trigger effects that activate upon spellcasting similarly to Leshrac's Pulse Nova; things like Triad's own Focus Trance or Pugna's Nether Ward will both trigger once per second while this skill is toggled on.

R - Wisdom of Ages (Passive, Active)
Allows Triad to add 20/40/60% of his Str and Agi to his Int when calculating his base damage.
When activated, adds an additional 40% for 3 seconds.

Cooldown: 6 / 4 / 2
Mana cost: 40 / 60 / 80

Aghanim's Scepter Upgrade: When calculating HP and HP regen, he adds the same percentage of his Agi and Int to his Str. When calculating his attack speed and armor, he adds the same percentage of his Str and Int to his Agi. When calculating mana pool and mana regen, he adds the same percentage of Str and Agi to his Int. The active portion of Wisdom of the Ages does not interact with this recalculation.

NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, using any of Triad's skills while they are already in effect simply refreshes the duration of the buff that it provides, though they do still add a stack of Focus since you are casting a spell.

Purpose:
Triad is designed to be a very hard carry who is best when six-slotted and max level, as well as being a carry who has a large mana pool and who uses it to enhance his fighting capability. His damage potential is very high due to his R and his W if combined with items such as Eye of Skadi that add large amounts to each stat. He is intended to be a very defensive carry, able to escape ganks early with his Q and E and able to survive late game with his Q plus the stat items he likes to get. In addition it was a conscious design choice to not give him any built-in disable, as he focuses purely on building himself up to be nearly unstoppable when fully farmed. In general, just like his lore, this hero's gameplay style is designed to grow over the course of the match, exemplified by his lower-than-average starting sight range which increases as he levels his E and his poor early-game damage which scales extremely well into the late game.

For your convencience, casting all of Triad's spells at their highest level every time they come off cooldown costs approximately 100 mana per second (if I did my math correctly).

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » May 9, 2014 5:03pm | Report
Hey tom, it's been a while :)

I'm here to ask what kind of debuffs it purges. Can it purge stuns, silences and mutes?

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » May 10, 2014 7:18pm | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Hey tom, it's been a while :)

I'm here to ask what kind of debuffs it purges. Can it purge stuns, silences and mutes?

Yeah, I haven't posted anything in a long time. :p

As for what it purges, I was planning on having it purge whatever is negative on him. However, he can't activate any abilities to trigger it when he's stunned, silenced or muted.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved