Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Advanced version of Sange & Yasha?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Advanced version of Sange & Yasha? 12 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Would you like to see this coming?
Yes, it is awesome!
No, it is not good enough.
Still UP, I won't pick this anyway.
Too OP! Nerif it!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » February 2, 2015 4:55am | Report
Old SnY

The idea is to create a much more useful upgrade from Sange and Yasha.

Advanced Sange and Yasha

Materials:
Sange and Yasha - 4100
Ogre Club - 1000
Blade of Alacrity - 1000
Recipe - 900
Total cost - 7000

Bonus:
+30 Agility
+30 Strength
+30 Damage
+30 Attack Speed
+30% Movement Speed ( 30% movement speed!! )

Passive: Advanced Greater Maim

Gives a chance on attack to slow and place a silencing debuff for 8 seconds.

Proc Chance: 30%
Move Speed Slow: 60%
Attack Speed Slow: 60
Slow Duration: 8

Yes? No? Maybe?
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 2, 2015 5:02am | Report
Mother of God!
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 2, 2015 5:02am | Report
30% movement speed buff? 60 bkb-piercing attack speed slow? what do you want to do, outlaw Eye of skadi or something?

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 2, 2015 5:03am | Report
Sounds pretty OP. 8 second silence being the worst IMO. But I really like the idea.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 2, 2015 5:07am | Report
Instead of this new item, why dont we just buff SnY?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 2, 2015 5:15am | Report
Like the idea, technically you can upgrade Sange and Yasha into Manta Style and Heaven's Halberd but it's not appropriate for many heroes...and Sange and Yasha isn't that appropriate for many heroes anyway.

Maybe just scale down those bonuses to say - 20% MS, 20% proc chance on Greater Maim, and give it 1 second disarm on maim?
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » February 2, 2015 5:16am | Report
It only has 30% proc chance. Talk about bkb-piercing Abyssal Blade outclass this item by far more, stunned for 2 seconds is always more hurt than the *60* attack speed slow, it's only like taking away a Hyperstone from your attack target with 30% chance. Same goes to silence, Orchid Malevolence can also amplifies incoming damage for 30%! (SnY's silence can be blocked by magic immunity, only slow cannot be blocked by magic immunity)

I want to give SnY a much more special place, I don't want to see that SnY are treated as "******ed" Eye of Skadi, or Drum of Endurance "level 2", so that's why I'm giving it a silence with proc chance and also high movement speed boost, which is good for snowballing killer like Slark, Phantom Assassin, Sniper, and etc.

Edit: 20% movement speed is ok for me but I purposely placed them like that. ( movement speed bonus are the same as other stat in original SnY )
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » February 2, 2015 5:33am | Report
Reworked Advanced Sange and Yasha

Materials:
Sange and Yasha - 4100
Ogre Club - 1000
Blade of Alacrity - 1000
Recipe - 900
Total cost - 7000

Bonus:
+30 Agility
+30 Strength
+20 Damage
+20 Attack Speed
+20% Movement Speed

Passive: Advanced Greater Maim

Gives a chance on attack to slow for 5 seconds, silence for 3 seconds, and disarm for 1 second. Debuffs can be stacked, and capped at 5 seconds.

Proc Chance: 20%
Move Speed Slow: 50%
Attack Speed Slow: 50

Howsthat?
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 2, 2015 5:51am | Report
MrLocket wrote:

It only has 30% proc chance. Talk about bkb-piercing Abyssal Blade outclass this item by far more, stunned for 2 seconds is always more hurt than the *60* attack speed slow, it's only like taking away a Hyperstone from your attack target with 30% chance. Same goes to silence, Orchid Malevolence can also amplifies incoming damage for 30%! (SnY's silence can be blocked by magic immunity, only slow cannot be blocked by magic immunity)

I want to give SnY a much more special place, I don't want to see that SnY are treated as "******ed" Eye of Skadi, or Drum of Endurance "level 2", so that's why I'm giving it a silence with proc chance and also high movement speed boost, which is good for snowballing killer like Slark, Phantom Assassin, Sniper, and etc.

Edit: 20% movement speed is ok for me but I purposely placed them like that. ( movement speed bonus are the same as other stat in original SnY )

only 30%? you know that it will proc in 4 hits right? the debuff is for 8 seconds? so you can permanently keep the debuff? Infinite silence not OP?

yeah, abbysal blade does outclass the item, but it is significantly harder to make (fokken 3800 gold >.>)

you said,"It's only like taking away a hyperstong.Boy! that's 2000 gold down the drain right there!

Yes, its good for killers, but it just provides too much for it's cost.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » February 2, 2015 6:43am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

only 30%? you know that it will proc in 4 hits right? the debuff is for 8 seconds? so you can permanently keep the debuff? Infinite silence not OP?

yeah, abbysal blade does outclass the item, but it is significantly harder to make (fokken 3800 gold >.>)

you said,"It's only like taking away a hyperstong.Boy! that's 2000 gold down the drain right there!

Yes, its good for killers, but it just provides too much for it's cost.

Yea it does provide a little too much that's why I nerfed it (poor Butterfly). But still arguing that removing a Hyperstone is too good is not a valid point. Enemy gets Mjollnir? Heaven's Halberd! Enemy gets Rod of Atos or Orchid Malevolence? Black King Bar! enemy gets Divine Rapier? cool I'll just get a Blade Mail. It's an item countering another, just like heroes, don't even talk about countering a 2000 by spending 7000 golds, which is 2nd highest price in game if it ever existed.

The problems with this item is the holder have to keep hitting in order to be effective, and the silence can be dispelled by just popping Black King Bar, whats left is the only slow thats a little stronger than Eye of Skadi's slows. Maybe a cooldown can be added but I think currently 3~5 seconds of silence is balanced enough because it maybe looks OP on paper but it can be hard to keep the target perma-silenced in real time unless no one is going to help the silenced hero.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved