Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

which are good lane combos for getting early kills?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » which are good lane combos for getting early kills? 35 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 20, 2013 12:22pm | Report
Crystal Maiden/ Venomancer + Juggernaut is probably the easiest and scariest dual lanng combo in pubs, you even have one farming Hero and one support: just use Frostbite/ Venomous Gale and let Juggernaut use his Blade Fury.

Another good support-carry combo is any hard disabler plus a carry with attack speed increase, something like Lion/ Shadow Shaman/ Crystal Maiden + Ursa/ Troll Warlord/ Lifestealer.

Also, Shadow Demon + Lifestealer is a very fun laning combo, you'll get easy kills without much effort: Disruption and Soul Catcher coupled with Open Wounds and Rage are just too good.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » February 21, 2013 11:32am | Report
ok i'm new but here's one I've learned. Sniper solo in the middle lane. Bloodseeker in the river between top and middle. Sniper draws the creeps towards his middle tower forcing the target into the river to get farm. Sniper at level 6 uses assassinate as soon as that hits bloodseeker jumps the target. Should be an easy kill early game.

Only goes wrong with bad timing or poor positioning. It will work with nearly any range/jungler combo.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 21, 2013 11:40am | Report
Shadow Demon + Leshrac

They work well in a Tri-lane together with a Carry, but you only need those two to secure the kill.

Nyx / Lion / Lina + CK / Siren / Sven / Tiny / etc...

Works well for a duo lane.

Basically any lane that has at least two stuns and a nuke can secure kills relatively easy. Stun lanes win games, they're the epitome of easy mode.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Allegiance » February 25, 2013 5:05am | Report
Undying + necrolyte is funny in pubs. tower diving the hell out of your enemies.

Allegiance

Notable (9)
Steam: d4rkdest1ny
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Underseer » March 19, 2013 2:46pm | Report
One thing to keep in mind is that lane comp is very subjective. What works for me may not work for you, and vice versa.

One thing that stays consistent, however, is skill setup. A good lane for early kills will have a LOT of early game CC. Good examples include Skeleton King and Chaos Knight, since both have a wicked nasty stun, that also deals pretty good damage. But that doesn't limit it to just stuns. Slows can also be a very effective way to take out a lane early on. Heroes such as Lich and Undying can fit that bill, what with their AoE slows.

One thing to always keep in mind is this: Who is the carry and who is the support? If there's a Crystal Maiden and a Luna in the same lane, CM should get 0 Last Hits, since she should be focused on harassing the enemy heroes, as well as denying LH for them. Know your role, and play it effectively.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of a Doom/Earthshaker lane, though it's very iffy, seeing as how they're both melee heroes. Another good one is Riki/anyone with a good stun. Disruptor/Kunkka is a **** move, no matter how you slice it.

When you have the time, read through the 'Learn' tab. See the different Heroes, know their spells and how they work, and start thinking of how that hero can be countered.

Underseer

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by 50 Shades of Gains » March 24, 2013 2:32pm | Report
harumage wrote:

My favourite is tuskar + centaur, By level 3 you do a roll + stun + ice shard + double edge should guarantee a kill.

Veno + Pudge works, Veno + juggernaut is not bad either

I agree, I love tuskar + centaur. It's so very fun. Especially getting those walrus punches. :)

50 Shades of Gains

Steam: 50 Shades of Gains
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ExtraOrdinary » March 27, 2013 10:28am | Report
Shadow Shaman + Shadow Fiend too

ExtraOrdinary

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Rvsz » March 31, 2013 4:17am | Report
There are a lot of heroes who can contribute to a kill after level 6, usually who are classified as a ganker will work on a lane too.

Before level 6 I think Pudge + a stun works well, also Bane with his ability to take out one of the two heroes on the lane while you finish the other one is useful too.

Rvsz

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 31, 2013 11:42am | Report
Bane+ Alchemist
Bane+ Mirana
Ancient Apparition+ Lifestealer
Ancient Apparition+ Chaos Knight
Sven+ Lina

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Maxdreamer » April 17, 2013 7:11am | Report
i use ck+jakiro for yesterday..and it totally works,but if you want to try go for tiny+io..crazy combination..

Maxdreamer

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved