Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Viper

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Viper 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Irasian » July 15, 2013 6:20am | Report
I've been trying unfair bots recently and I find the only time I consistently have a hard time is when I am versing viper.

What would be potential ways to counter it?

Irasian

Notable (2)
Steam: Irasian
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 15, 2013 6:57am | Report
Silencer does the trick. You can orb walk him down with Glaives of Wisdom and Last Word disarms him, because Poison Attack does not count as a spell.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaslam » July 15, 2013 7:01am | Report
1v1 there are not many.. he's designed for that type of fight..
Slark would likely do a good job, but have a hard time laning phase
same with Obisidian, but do better during the laning phase.. <-- though this would be a farm fight, more than kill eachother
Naix with rage would pwn Viper.. and out carry him with items.. 1v1, get a blink dagger.. sorted..

jaslam

Remarkable (21)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AbsolF » July 15, 2013 8:29am | Report
QoP would probably do good too.

AbsolF

Notable (14)
Steam: Seth Rosenwell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Irasian » July 17, 2013 12:14am | Report
Thanks for the responses, QoP didn't go so well for me but that was probably due to my experience.
I thought Kunkka and Silencer went quite well. Obsidian went reasonably well but I'm horrible with last hitting and denying -_-

Irasian

Notable (2)
Steam: Irasian
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » July 17, 2013 9:18am | Report
I've found Abaddon to work really well against Viper. The important thing is not to let viper get early kills. So if you are laning against him take fewer risks. If he doesn't get those early kills he usually won't snowball into an unstoppable monster. Also I usually do very well against him mid with Disruptor perhaps not the most obvious counter but I find it effective early game as viper is quite slow you can trap him in the Kinetic Field fairly easily, the biggest problem there is convincing your team to let you mid as Disruptor.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Droes » July 23, 2013 5:30am | Report
I was in a pratice game once with Vengeful Spirit and we had a Viper against us in mid.
it allready killed our mid a few times and my lane was doing good, so I decided to gank.

I had Boots of Speed and a Medallion of Courage (medallion is THE BOMB for VS)

by the time I arrived our mid was back to base and the viper was 2 lvls higher than me
(I believe it was 8 against 10)

so it was 1 on 1 (I came from te back so I initiated)

I used Wave of Terror first, than I used Magic Missile, and than I used Medallion of Courage by that time viper was almost half HP.
and with -4 armor from 3 points in wave of terror + the -6 armor from the medallion, viper was a goner.

I was very surprised myself, but apearantly that's very effective against viper. Stun and armor reduction.
Life is really simple, but we insist in making it complicated.
~Confucius

Droes

Notable (3)
Steam: Goddamn Hippie
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » July 23, 2013 6:48am | Report
the most practical way is to suggest Viper to your bot allies, actually.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Droes » July 23, 2013 6:53am | Report
But than you still don't know how to deal with him when you catch him in public.
Life is really simple, but we insist in making it complicated.
~Confucius

Droes

Notable (3)
Steam: Goddamn Hippie
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » July 23, 2013 6:59am | Report
Droes wrote:

But than you still don't know how to deal with him when you catch him in public.

True. My answer was based on bot matches though.

As for me, Batrider went quite well. Though then again he does well against most mids. Dodging Viper Strike with Phase Shift as puck is great too, not to mention Puck is a great mid anyway that relies more on his long range Q so no risk of being orbwalked. Shadow Fiend is risky but he differs in the part that he can beat Viper at level 3, which most mids can't really do.

The trick to outlane viper is keeping the lane equilibrium, always keep the creepwave around the slope from your high ground towards the river to ensure easy lasthitting and no Qs on you.

Never autoattack. This can help the above tip very well and if you still find the lane being pushed, just autoattack your creeps from when they're half health to get the lane to your favor.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved