Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Spirit Breaker is wrecking me game after game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

Forum » New Player Help » Spirit Breaker is wrecking me game after game 26 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yoda » July 10, 2013 6:30am | Report
Gaah the memories! Can't wait for newer players to experience playing against him :D
"Success is like being pregnant, everybody congratulates you, but nobody knows how many times you were f**ked."

Yoda

Notable (9)
Steam: useyourname1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » July 10, 2013 6:37am | Report
Yoda wrote:

Gaah the memories! Can't wait for newer players to experience playing against him :D

Evil indeed. I remember when I first faced him: "what does this guy do? He can't last hit and I'm dominating him as sniper, better walk up and kill hi -" It ended there. I was level 1. It was horrible.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » July 10, 2013 7:42am | Report
I just got 1 v 1'd by Spirit Breaker as a well fed Sven. I even got the 1st hit 1st stun AND with my ULT AND life steal and he still wins. Def needs nerfing **** SB

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by commandojimbob » July 10, 2013 8:53am | Report
Since the patch, I have faced him quite a few times and he only really dominated once - you just need a team to act like a team and not go alone - when I have been beaten down by SB its usually because I have pushed on my own a bit too far.

However, his initiation is quite nasty when SB is backed up but it only takes one bad charge and he will get focused down.

Agree though the update has made him nasty, but then again I always thought he was to begin with.

commandojimbob

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mattyg2787 » July 10, 2013 5:18pm | Report
I played 3 games last night. And the other team had SB all 3 F*#&ING TIMES!!! WTH!!!
Trying to split push with NP is terrible vs SB. Until I got my Sheep stick anyway.
Me and the SB were laughing at each other over all speak (after I got the stick) when I stopped him mid charge.
He can be stunned mid charge if you have the reaction skills to do it. Ideally, the best way to stop him is ward up properly so you can see him on the mini map and make sure your team lets each other know when he charges.

Last game we kept him underfarmed because he simply couldn't get solo pick offs (even my split pushing as NP was tele in, raise Treeants, go back to team)

mattyg2787

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yosiu » July 14, 2013 1:43pm | Report
When facing SB you need to remember few things:
-it's mostly about map awarness - if you are aware he's charging you, you can take advantage of it. If you'll get suprised by charge from the woods then bye bye.
-second things is not feeding the SB. I play SB a lot and if you make few succesfull ganks you snowball pretty hard, and it's too late to counter you, since you can even go 1 vs 2 and then enemy team has to stick in 5 which means all lane lost pretty quickly.

Concluding: if you are getting focused by SB check map often, place wards etc to be sure he isn't charging, be defensive - don't stay at lane alone. Don't let him get fat.

About facing him 1 on 1. If you see him charging you - hug the tower. If he's not fed as hell and he isn't stupid he will stop charge. If not, prepare for impact :D
1st thing - ping the tower location for help :D
Be sure you are under tower range, from the other side of direction he's charging. Then try to stun him before he can charge at you. Use spell with low casting animation - for example as Shadow Shaman use hex instead of shackles . As lion you can predict his movement and stun him with spikes (but hex can work as well). As shadow demon you can catch him or yourself in bubble under tower range. This tactics works in early game, before he gets BKB. As crystal maiden froze him in place, nuke him with Q, and then Ulti and pray he isn't tanky enough.

For supports without a hard disable like Veno it's more problematic. I suggest sticking to teammates really close when playing against SB. Get Ghost scepter if he is still trying to catch you. Don't think of SHadow blade as counter againt him, cos he will still charge you and most decent players will have dust of apperance on him.

It all comes to making SB fail with few ganks, it's about time wasted on failed gank attempts. This will make him go back to farm at lane, or he will become useless later on.

Yosiu

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved