Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[READ THIS] For those who are transitioning from LoL to DotA2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » [READ THIS] For those who are transitioning from LoL to DotA2 12 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kumquat » December 24, 2011 7:53pm | Report
Eep. sorry guize. didn't notice that this thread got bumped. -___-

Mowen wrote:

Got my Beta key today. Used to play Dota (a long time ago) and found that I'm even rustier than I would've imagined.

Read "The Basics" and found it to be a helpful refresher. Thanks for making it. :)

Something that really confused me transferring from LoL to DotA is the way you shop (like, right clicking to buy instead of double clicking) and some other ways to interact with the interface were very confusing (like pinging). Some quick shortcuts / explanation about that would be helpful.

Glad you liked it. =)

Yeah I might incorporate something about mechanics of that sort, but I wanted to focus on core game play rather than things that one will definitely learn.

Quoted:

I found the ward guide to be really useful. I also like the laning comp. guide. You should add more lane comps. in the future. =P

Glad you liked it! I'll be sure to expand on that in the future, although atm I am working on a post about countering carries and early game domination. Stay tuned. =)

kumquat

Notable (15)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Servasky » July 13, 2012 4:51am | Report
Links down

Servasky

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved