Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[READ THIS] For those who are transitioning from LoL to DotA2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » [READ THIS] For those who are transitioning from LoL to DotA2 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kumquat » November 21, 2011 6:50am | Report
I figured some of you are probably LoL players who don't have much Dota experience and would find something like this useful.

The Basics
10 Duo Lane Combinations
Surviving Initiators
Jungling Basics
So you want to play support?

Just a lil' somethin' somethin' I wrote up.

Thoughts, things I should add to it, etc appreciated. Hope it helps. ^___^

EDIT: Added another link with 10 generally easy to use duo lane combinations that you and your friend can go.

kumquat

Notable (15)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » November 21, 2011 12:45pm | Report
Nice! You should post that as a general guide on DOTAFire next week :) You would get a lot of exposure and could win the prize!

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kumquat » November 21, 2011 6:15pm | Report
Well, I'm planning on doing a series of guides all built around players transitioning from LoL to dota. Could I include all of them as an overall thing?

kumquat

Notable (15)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kumquat » November 22, 2011 2:28am | Report
Added another post about surviving the initiators in the current pool. Check it out in the OP if you're interested. Sorry for the double post btw. I tried to delete it but it didn't work. Do I have to post the information directly in the guide or can I make the guide and give an overview of each post and then just link to the full posts? The main reason I ask is because I want to do a series of guides about transitioning from LoL to dota on my site and it would be a huge pain to not only fit them into a single guide, but it would be a huge amount of work just copying them over.

If I made the guide, and then linked to the specific posts I have made on my site, I could get the same exposure without having to do all of that copying. Would that be okay?

kumquat

Notable (15)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kumquat » November 25, 2011 2:27pm | Report
Added another post. Link in OP.

kumquat

Notable (15)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mcus » November 30, 2011 4:13am | Report
There's a competition? If I just submitted my Morphling guide, could it be in that? What's the prize? What's the competition? :)

EDIT: Also, nice links mate, very helpful for newbies :)
Morphling puts the 'ling' in bling and the 'Lin' in linken's sphere.

mcus

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kumquat » December 1, 2011 5:39am | Report
Thanks. ^_^

kumquat

Notable (15)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » December 21, 2011 4:17pm | Report
Got my Beta key today. Used to play Dota (a long time ago) and found that I'm even rustier than I would've imagined.

Read "The Basics" and found it to be a helpful refresher. Thanks for making it. :)

Something that really confused me transferring from LoL to DotA is the way you shop (like, right clicking to buy instead of double clicking) and some other ways to interact with the interface were very confusing (like pinging). Some quick shortcuts / explanation about that would be helpful.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Notable (17)
Steam: Mowen
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » December 21, 2011 5:54pm | Report
Welcome Mowen!!

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ZenithOfChaos » December 23, 2011 9:19pm | Report
I found the ward guide to be really useful. I also like the laning comp. guide. You should add more lane comps. in the future. =P

ZenithOfChaos

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved