Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New to the game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » New to the game 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 17, 2015 9:25am | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

you are assuming that they know to farm in that trench. In my experience, people in that trench don't spend any time time farming at all, instead walking around the map trying to kill everyone. And i did say those 2 were especially good if you know how to farm.

Maybe i should be a little more clear. If you don't know how to farm, don't pick those heroes

My point is if everyone picks a carry, and you try to CS, the *****torm is going to break loose. Just don't pick AM in the trench.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » August 17, 2015 9:45am | Report
I doubt that anyone in the trench level of Naatuma even knows what cs is, everyone there spends the time in lane trying to harass the enemy as much as possible and auto-attacking the creepwave. That is of course in my experience, and from what i have played in. Of course, what you said makes sense, and it is good advice, but really i don't think anyone will know what you are doing other than killing the enemy.

The trench you are referring to is a little better than the game Naatuma has shown. People there know what is last hitting, and won't do stupid things like tanking 2 heroes and dying 5 times in 5 minutes.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 17, 2015 12:17pm | Report
Nature's Prophet is probably the best Pick here. Practise Microing Treants in lobbies (Jungling, cuttin creep wave, scouting, Roshan, etc.) until you feel comfortable with him. Once you're ready, just Rat your way to a higher trench! <}3

You can Jungle or take any Lane, so you should be fine as long as you're Solo. Just insta-pick Propfit and have fun. <}3

Guide to Jungling (including some good game sense)

5+k Ranked Game Commentary

5+k Ranked Game Commentary

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » August 17, 2015 5:28pm | Report
Id recommend Tusk, hes really fun and has a fairly low skill floor and a high skill ceiling. That means hes good for noobs and pros alike. Get some practice in with shooting off Ice Shards and he is just a great hero. He can be played as a semi-carry o9r a support so even if you have 3 carries its still viable.
Mood of the Day

T_T

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » August 17, 2015 8:59pm | Report
I can play on USE with 50-100 ping I think and about 100-150 on USW.

My steam is Bunkansee if you'd like to play. I'm about average sill, and I don't like using voice chat so I'll almost be using text 100% of the time.

EDIT: If we do ever play, I play very very few heroes in the pool (about 2 of them, if I'm completely honest). I can play more, but I usually don't. I find I am pretty decent at the heroes I play though :P

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » August 18, 2015 1:52pm | Report
I don't agree that you have to pick a carry to have an impact in the game, but indeed it helps to have some teammates in whom you trust. When you pick randoms that are ****ty there's nothing you can do either way. I can't play on the USA server either, but I'm sure a lot of people here will help you find that trusting stack that will help you a lot improving your game :)

When your teammate starts yelling on the mic and feeding couriers after feeding like an idiot (because yeah, that happens) I have a suggestion to you: just laugh. Try to find the funny in the situation, and you will see someone will join in that fun with you and you will end up losing the game but not losing hope in Dota.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved