Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Player Tips and Tricks

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » New Player Tips and Tricks 18 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 21, 2013 8:57am | Report
AkiTsubasa wrote:

remember, cheap item always better than expensive item, but you do not have so much slot

So a Clarity is better than a Orchid Malevolence? Think before you post.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
Steam: BaconBorn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AkiTsubasa » January 23, 2013 6:03am | Report
if u buy 2750 g(i think is that amount) of the clarity, thats really better

AkiTsubasa

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 23, 2013 6:31am | Report
AkiTsubasa wrote:

if u buy 2750 g(i think is that amount) of the clarity, thats really better

That makes no ****ing sense. Are you saying that buying 2750g of clarity's is better than an orchid? You must be in some sort of low priority bottom bracket.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » January 23, 2013 8:51am | Report
orchids like 4.1k. Do you mean buying that have cheap components cus cheap isn't better.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AkiTsubasa » January 31, 2013 8:27pm | Report
i can regen more mana compare to orchid==
ok don't kidding with you already
what i mean is, by buying 1 orchid, i can buy that 150g item(sorry i never remember the name) which gain me a lot of int

AkiTsubasa

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » January 31, 2013 9:52pm | Report
AkiTsubasa wrote:

i can regen more mana compare to orchid==
ok don't kidding with you already
what i mean is, by buying 1 orchid, i can buy that 150g item(sorry i never remember the name) which gain me a lot of int

?????????? What the ****? That sentence makes no logical sense.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by re-Zet » February 1, 2013 4:14am | Report
You can access your stash/shop in the opponent base (just don't get too close).

re-Zet

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CobraCommand » February 12, 2013 1:04pm | Report
Well here's some useful things I have found:

Repicking a hero causes a 100g loss.
Pressing 'y' opens the new fancy spin wheel of commands.
You can ignore text and voice from a person by opening the stats page and clicking the small speaker.
Runes spawn every 2 mins after Pre-game
The eyes on the terrain grant larger sight areas to wards. (Or players, if you can get up to them.)
Illusion spells or split spells (such as Chaos Knight's Phantasm and Brewmaster's Primal Split) will grant a split second spell immunity when activated.
Most heros move slower than creeps at the beginning of a game, so moving in front of them and running down the lane will stall their collision with the enemy creeps.
Auto-attacking an enemy hero (which can be disabled in the options) will cause the enemy creeps to attack you (casting a spell will not)
Denying a tower or creep requires the overall health to be 15% or less. (Attack-move and target, to deny a friendly, 'A' is default I believe.)
Disconnecting an unsafe game will give you a 24 hour low priority pool placement. (If you are still connected to a game, crashing or leaving the match, will give you 5 minutes to reconnect before the penalty) Additionally remaining AFK for 5 minutes will result in a similar penalty.
To commend or report players right click their name in the stats page.
You can create a private game with cheats by going to play and clicking create lobby. (Some cheats, -lvlup #, -createhero (heroname), -gold (amount), and more cheats here.)
Roshan drops the aegis, which gives a revive to the player, until used or 5 minutes have passed. (He also drops cheese which can instantly heal 1500 health and mana)
Couriers have a speed boost when upgraded to flying form.
Gems of truesight and divine rapiers drop on death.
Holding down alt will display hero pictures over each player on the minimap (helpful for identifying a gank target)

Just some helpful little things to know about.
(I also got bored so I added some cool colors) :D

CobraCommand

Notable (3)
Steam: Cobra~<

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved