Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

More About DOTAFire

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » More About DOTAFire 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Melderv » October 14, 2012 10:17am | Report
I just stumbled into this forum from Dota Buff, and I'm interested in its history. Can anyone fill me in? A look at the rules say the last update was from July 2010. So when did it step up for Dota 2?

Melderv

Steam: Melderv
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » October 14, 2012 10:23am | Report
What exactly are you wanting to know? I've been here since the start of the site.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Melderv » October 14, 2012 10:41am | Report
What led to the creation of the site? Noteworthy forum staff? Relations with other Dota 2 sites? How about relations with the moba and smite sites? Any ruckuses lately (not as grave as Pendragon-style ruckuses in DA, hopefully)?

Sorry if I'm asking a lot.

Melderv

Steam: Melderv
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » October 14, 2012 12:40pm | Report
This site is a sister-site to MOBAFire. First MOBAFire was created, and it was a great success. When Dota 2 was announced, the creators of the site decided that they would expand their network using the same model. If you notice, the two sites are near identical in design and they work the exact same. Primarily we are a guide site, but we have a quaint little forum community as well.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wilddeonpwn » October 14, 2012 2:46pm | Report
AND IT'S FREAKING AWESOME

wilddeonpwn

Established (102)
Steam: wilddeonpwn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 15, 2012 3:54am | Report
wilddeonpwn wrote:

AND IT'S FREAKING AWESOME

This... doesn't make a good impression to the new users.

I should inform you OP, not everyone is like wilddeonpwn.

Just wanted to make it clear :P.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Whated » October 15, 2012 6:44am | Report
ROLF AT HADES WE ALL ARE LIKE THIS ROLF ROFL ITS AMAZING NUMBER UNO DIREIMEQN DFIRE
If the day should ever come when we must go, if some day we are compelled to leave the scene of history, we will slam the door so hard that the universe will shake and mankind will stand back in stupefaction.
Joseph Goebbels

Whated

Notable (12)
Steam: Whated
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mdn90 » October 15, 2012 12:03pm | Report
I played lol back in the day a little bit and looked up guides at mobafire. I was new to the genre back then. Then I saw the creation of dotafire!.. It was pretty empty at first, but glad to see its gaining popularity.
Community is pretty great too. Been 5-manning with atlas, hades and the others and god is it great not worrying about people that are gonna ruin the game by trolling or being really-really stupid. Ofc, we play captains mode, we're not a bunch of scrubs that gangs up on people in all-pick.

mdn90

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved