Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to last hit like a pro?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How to last hit like a pro? 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Iratesniper » April 16, 2012 3:02pm | Report
@dmnRO: I would first like to say that you did offend me, more than once(I'm going to ignore your raging). But thats not why I am replying right now.
dmnRO wrote:
your opinion was based on nothing

By saying this you're contradicting the whole definition of the word "opinion", meaning a person's viewpoint.

dmnRO wrote:
AND IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU

dmnRO wrote:
The point of the topic is to provide ways to last hit like a "pro", not about your opinion.
The simple fact that you can have an opinion does not make it a bright one necessarily. So next time before posting bring arguments because you are nobody as I am nobody so why should someone just follow your advice for the simple fact that you have an opinion and you like to say it just for the simple fact that you are allowed:))

I simply do not care if you think my opinion is good or not, it's not for you. But, you are right, that on here we are both a "nobody". So, why do you think what you have to say is any more important than what I have to say. This forum is meant to help people, most of the things posted are opinions, but it's for the reader to decide whether they agree with them or not. After all it's for their benefit to make their own mind up.

I simply gave my opinion on your first post, and we both overreacted since.

I would like this little feud to stop, it's not helping anyone.

@Whated: I do not have the time nor do I care what trolls think, you are not helping.

Iratesniper

Notable (5)
Steam: Iratesniper
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Desides » April 23, 2012 8:56am | Report
1.Auto-attack off (It's in options, gameplay, I believe.)

2.Learn your animation (Get to know the time it takes between hitting and moving to hit)

3.Either S abuse or click back and forth before hitting (to keep your mind aware and time hits)

4.PRACTICE (you don't get anywhere just wishing to be good)

Steam: Desides
LoL: Desides
HoN: HA

Desides

Notable (2)
Steam: Desides
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bullstrik3 » April 25, 2012 5:04pm | Report
Thanks alot man this additional key spamming is exhausting

Bullstrik3

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peonlord » October 21, 2012 9:11pm | Report
Iratesniper wrote:

First of all I'm stating my opinion, and as far as I'm aware of, I'm allowed to do that here, so back off.

Just because you may think this is a good idea, doesn't mean everyone else does.
For a fact I didn't tell him not to use it, I simply said that I didn't recommend it because it's not getting you any better at the game, it's just being your little crutch.

Last of all, I never called this a CHEAT, I merely said that "Seems a bit like cheating to me.". This again is MY OPINION, not something that is a fact so don't say that I am trying to convince others that doing this is wrong, I just would not recommend it.

agree with dmnRO
Iratesniper is too sensitive, dmnRO didnt offend u

Also, u made a statement and then tries to play safe
u said "it is cheating to me", and then u say "i just stated my opinion" << everyone states their opinion

"Just because you may think this is a good idea, doesn't mean everyone else does." << and vice versa lol

Debate is not like that
off topic, stops here

Thanks for dmnRO for the script

Peonlord

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Misery » October 31, 2012 12:14am | Report
So, on the note of last hitting,

is it just me, or are some types of heroes just outright better at it?

Watching matches and playing them myself, one thing I notice in particular is that some heroes, usually carries, seem to do the last-hitting much, much easier than my support guys; they'll do more damage per auto-attack hit, so they seem to have a wider margin for error, if that's the right phrase to use there. They dont seem to have to be quite as bloody perfect with the timing as some other heroes do.

Also, as a support hero, how much should I be trying to do this? I do know that I need to let the carry have alot of farm; but obviously even the most support-tastic hero still needs SOME gold.

Though I still have trouble with the timing and all, so I usually dont have too many last-hits in a given match.

Misery

Notable (1)
Steam: Misery
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 31, 2012 6:27am | Report
Misery wrote:

So, on the note of last hitting,

is it just me, or are some types of heroes just outright better at it?

Watching matches and playing them myself, one thing I notice in particular is that some heroes, usually carries, seem to do the last-hitting much, much easier than my support guys; they'll do more damage per auto-attack hit, so they seem to have a wider margin for error, if that's the right phrase to use there. They dont seem to have to be quite as bloody perfect with the timing as some other heroes do.

Also, as a support hero, how much should I be trying to do this? I do know that I need to let the carry have alot of farm; but obviously even the most support-tastic hero still needs SOME gold.

Though I still have trouble with the timing and all, so I usually dont have too many last-hits in a given match.

Yes, damage does matter to last hit, but the attack animation also does, let's compare Pudge's attack animation, which is great for last hitting, with Crystal Maiden's, which is pretty hard to time.
Also, as a support, you don't need much farm, your gold will be earned from assists mostly.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Misery » December 10, 2012 11:48pm | Report
Ok, here's another question on the topic of last-hitting and farming: Should skills be used to aid in this at all? Like smacking creeps with, I dunno, fireballs or whatever you happen to have. This is something that I'll see some players do, but others seem to not do it at all.

Misery

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 10, 2012 11:52pm | Report
Misery wrote:

Ok, here's another question on the topic of last-hitting and farming: Should skills be used to aid in this at all? Like smacking creeps with, I dunno, fireballs or whatever you happen to have. This is something that I'll see some players do, but others seem to not do it at all.

It's to maximize the amount of farm they can get if they couldn't go last hit it themselves, like if I was Windrunner up against Crystal Maiden and Juggernaut. I'd use Powershot to secure at least 2 creeps and that would probably be my farm for that wave unless they're not being very aggressive.

That's it, maximizing farm

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Misery » December 11, 2012 6:50am | Report
Ahh, ok, that makes alot more sense then, thanks. So far, if I'm messing with a hero that does need farm, and my opponent was doing alot of harassing, I tended to just stand back and do a whole lot of nothing while hoping for a chance to get in range of the creeps. I'll try keeping that bit in mind though, and do that instead in that situation.

Misery

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ranjack » December 30, 2012 5:01pm | Report
just read all the replys was having same dang problem thanks dudes!

Ranjack

Steam: Ranjack

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved