Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to Exit Vicious Cycle?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How to Exit Vicious Cycle? 50 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 23, 2014 8:58am | Report
Kyfoid, as much as I like the fact that you actually given in, one thing. Do not double post, instead, edit your previous post. Thank you.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 23, 2014 9:00am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Kyfoid, as much as I like the fact that you actually given in, one thing. Do not double post, instead, edit your previous post. Thank you.

Sir Yes Sir!
And my i say its Kyphoid now :)
Changed the name to fit the change in me. I don't troll no more.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » November 23, 2014 9:15am | Report

Krwiozerca
i was rather making a remark at Dimonychan. I was in agreement with you. I read you did advise on playing in a stack which i heartily agree!!!

Please do see my previous posts. I have always advised playing in a stack.
My sincere apologies if i hurt you or anyone for that matter. I get heated at the instance of helping others.

No i dont *****.
No i didnt troll. I am offering my honest opinion. If anyone finds fault with it it really is OKAY. I WILL LEARN MORE THEN! :)))

Can you tell me which sentence or thought made you think i was trolling?
It would be much appreciated

Ok, I do apologise then, but you quoted only me, so I thought you were talking to me. I hope you will understand, that I could assume that it was towards me. Maybe try to use rules or multiple quotations next time.

I am sorry, Kyphoid.

P.S. Looks like OP abandoned a thread when it became an In-House hatred and insulting thread.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 23, 2014 9:42am | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

Ok, I do apologise then, but you quoted only me, so I thought you were talking to me. I hope you will understand, that I could assume that it was towards me. Maybe try to use rules or multiple quotations next time.

I am sorry, Kyphoid.

P.S. Looks like OP abandoned a thread when it became an In-House hatred and insulting thread.

No dont be!!!!! Friends dont Apologize!!!
Does ths make a line?
I am hearts and Candy-tastic!
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by nonplusultra » November 26, 2014 11:54am | Report
Im going through the same situation as you are mate, got my thread posted proabably at the same time you did, I'm not push lane player and I'm not that bad myself but i get the same problem you get, this is my steam profile.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198150070181/

in case you want to team up with someone who's going through the same situation lol.

GL HF.

nonplusultra

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » November 26, 2014 5:45pm | Report
Counter Annoying Carries With Annoying Carries. My favorite "Woooooooowwwww did you really just pick those heroes" Hero is Faceless Void. With enough farm early on he just can't be beat. Recently I had a game where almost instantly 3 of our team left, leaving only me and Riki against a "OP Carry Heavy" Team. With the extra gold ended up farming 4 Daedalus's (100% Critical Hits), 1 Mask of Madness, and Boots of Travel. They didn't even bother to ward Riki. Won. Sniper, Viper, Riki, etc. they all hate not being able to attack, or even run. Joys of Chronosphere. But, hey, that's what you get for picking those viscous carries.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by chessgeek10 » November 26, 2014 6:00pm | Report
Well, I guess I'm nooby enough to not realize this thread went past the first page. I must be too used to the pages being longer and the buttons being on the left like XenForo forum software.

Anyway, this is a lot to consider. I think the best thing for me to mention first is that yes, I am a noob. I only consider people noobs if they have been playing for about less than a week, and I forgot that different games have different collective opinions.

Reading through my own original post again, I see where I may have miscommunicated. This forum section (New Player Help) seemed like the type of thing that mostly contained first-weekers simple questions like "How do I gain xp?" and stuff like that. I only wanted to convey that I wasn't really interested in answering questions like "Do you know what a mmr is?", and I tried using my experience as a way to lead the topic to more complicated mechanics.

You're right. 100 games really isn't that much. While I may know some basic and intermediate concepts, by no means do I understand them. There's probably 99% of the game still to learn. Heck, I don't even understand 100% of the terminology used in this thread. It's possible that I may think some of my teammates are worse than I am only because my game-concept knowledge base is a bit larger, when in reality they're probably still better players than I am. I'm still at the phase where, as L0bst0r put it, games can even be decided by a dominating carry lich. ;)

I hope that clears that up.

Regarding the advice you all have given me: It's a lot to consider. There's a lot of good points that were brought up. Some of you suggest to play a carry better than the rest of them, and others are suggesting to play an unexpected support and have a teammate annihilate. Honestly, I'm not really leaning either way. Sometimes I dominate using a carry, but a lot of times I'm shut down with a carry because my teamates abandon me, refuse to cooperate, or simply force me to solo a lane the entire game. If it really was that easy for me to dominate with a carry every game, I wouldn't be coming here for help. With support, I don't do much better either. I'm not really experienced enough to know how to effectively carry one of my teammates to victory. That comes with time, which means more losses that I'll eventually have to suffer through. For now I'll continue to try out a variety of both learning to support, and being a carry.

Lastly I'll hit the topic of groups.

I've never played a game of Dota with friends (Well, that's not true. But playing with my brother who abandons 15 minutes into the game just because he's not dominating doesn't count). It's really embarrassing to say that I don't have friends who play Dota. I started playing when I saw my brother playing it one day, but he quit about a week after he started, and won't ever come back. It's easy for some people to group up with others they know, but there's nobody I know for me to group with in that kind of situation. It'd be really weird for me to come up to a random player or group I've played one game with and ask to group up with them. That would be really awkward.

I really appreciate those who offered to help me by grouping up, but honestly it really isn't right for me to bring someone else much better than me down just because I'm a newer player. Even nonplusultra has played Dota2 5x longer than I have. I'd be happy to play a game with you if you want to, but it would make me feel guilty if I brought someone else down because they were trying to help me.

Thank you all for the help. Ingame there's a pretty nasty community (including myself sometimes), but I can definitely see the difference here.

(By the way, I created a Dotabuff if anyone is interested in seeing my stats. Just search chessgeek10.)

chessgeek10

Steam: chessgeek10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » November 27, 2014 4:08am | Report
chessgeek10 wrote:

I really appreciate those who offered to help me by grouping up, but honestly it really isn't right for me to bring someone else much better than me down just because I'm a newer player. Even nonplusultra has played Dota2 5x longer than I have. I'd be happy to play a game with you if you want to, but it would make me feel guilty if I brought someone else down because they were trying to help me.

I guess you are a bit too hard on yourself here....sure there are some tryhard-elitist-flamers out there but there also are some - most people on this forum for instance - who dont have any problem playing with lower-bracket members of the community...they know what they get themselfs into, so blaming others for a loss would be stupid and childish imo. Also i have to admit, that i quite enjoy being one of the best players in a game from time to time ....my mindset isnt that tryhardy (?) then :3

Furthermore there are specific "looking for group" ingame chats...sometimes you will even find some people in your regional chat looking for a party (guess playing with fellow countrymen makes for a more relaxed atmosphere). If your mindset is a bit more competetive than just playing for fun and you are really looking for self improvement you might even consider looking for a mentor....those people are SUPPOSED to help and NOT judge you^^

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by chessgeek10 » November 29, 2014 3:37pm | Report
Blubbles wrote:

Counter Annoying Carries With Annoying Carries. My favorite "Woooooooowwwww did you really just pick those heroes" Hero is Faceless Void. With enough farm early on he just can't be beat. Recently I had a game where almost instantly 3 of our team left, leaving only me and Riki against a "OP Carry Heavy" Team. With the extra gold ended up farming 4 Daedalus's (100% Critical Hits), 1 Mask of Madness, and Boots of Travel. They didn't even bother to ward Riki. Won. Sniper, Viper, Riki, etc. they all hate not being able to attack, or even run. Joys of Chronosphere. But, hey, that's what you get for picking those viscous carries.

No matter how hard I try, or how much I dominate using a character, my team will always find ways to feed.

Take this game for example: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1059267483
I dominated during the first 3/4 of the game (as you can see on the xp graph) and maxed all my items at 60 mins, but my team was never willing to group up and push a lane. They would continually lane on their own, and get killed easily by riki and the rest of his team, who did group up. I doubt you've ever seen a team recover from a 20000 xp loss.

I simply can't get out of this. Recently I played 3 games in a row where 2-4 of my teamates abandon. Sure I can leave as well, but this stupidity is wasting away my mmr, and it's extremely aggravating.

chessgeek10

Steam: chessgeek10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bernie42 » November 30, 2014 7:34pm | Report
Hey OP, I know how you feel. I never start a game without fully searching it and reading all I can before getting in, so while my friend and I only have about 200 games played so far, I'd say 90% of our losses are due to terrible teammates that we can't control, or even get to listen to basic advice.

I'm not even talking about "this guy was terrible and lost us the game" type games, I mean people playing in ranked that honestly have no idea what they're doing. We've had carries that won't buy TPs or show up to team fights.

I've seen a Juggernaut try and fight razor while static linked down to doing no damage, and do it again, and again, and again, either not listening or not caring about our attempts to explain how razor works.

I've had Trolls get team captain and draft us 4 supports and take 1 carry for himself. I've seen people going afk, and literally had people in ranked say "I don't care anyway, its just a game" to anything we say.

So yeah OP, I know how you feel. We're around 1500 and 1900mmr, we were higher before a long losing streak. I've taken a break from ranked for now to practice in all pick, but those games are often terrible too, so now I'm dedicating my time to finding people to play with. I sent you a friend request on steam. See you around maybe.

Bernie42

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved