Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to deny ?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How to deny ? 24 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Svantj3r0 » April 26, 2013 4:17am | Report
Hello !

I've started to play DotA 2 and i'm really like this game, it's good to change after League of Legends.

So i watch some videos on Youtube to explain me the basis of the game and i was suprise when i heard about deny. It's a very good feature of the game.

Later, i wanted to try it against bot but when i'm right clicking on my minion, nothing happend.
In the option menu, i haven't found a keybinding for this.

Can you help me please ?

Svantj3r0

Steam: Svantj3r0
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 26, 2013 4:21am | Report
You need to press A+click the creep you want to deny.However,the creep needs to be under 50% HP to be in deny range.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Svantj3r0 » April 26, 2013 4:25am | Report
Ok thanks you ! I'm going to train it right now.

Svantj3r0

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 26, 2013 4:26am | Report
Using it on creeps is crucial to control your lane, but you can do the same thing with towers, too: if their health is below 10% you can A + Click them and deny some gold to the enemy team.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Svantj3r0 » April 26, 2013 4:31am | Report
Can i do the same with ally champions ?

Svantj3r0

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » April 26, 2013 4:46am | Report
Svantj3r0 wrote:

Can i do the same with ally champions ?

Yes, yes you can. However, you might get some hate from your team for that, so make sure that its an unsalvageable situation before you deny your teammate. :)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Svantj3r0 » April 26, 2013 4:57am | Report
Okay then i wont do this !

I take this opportunity to ask few more questions.
Is there a ranking system like the leagues in Starcraft II or an ELO ranking ?
Is Kepper Of The Light a good hero to start the game ?

Svantj3r0

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PrymalQ » April 26, 2013 5:41am | Report
Yes and no.
Keeper of the Light is not that hard to play and a solid allround choice, he works well with many heroes.
However, please do not make a habit of it pushing the lane and messing with your carries cs with your Illuminate, it is very tempting to do this and will leave your carry starved of cs.

edit: oh and about hero deny, it only works when your mate is under a damage over time effect like Queen of Pains Daggers, Doom Bringers DOOOM or most of Venomancers spells.

PrymalQ

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Svantj3r0 » April 26, 2013 5:54am | Report
So i use my Illuminate to harass the ennemy by avoiding creeps.

Svantj3r0

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by El Capitano » April 26, 2013 6:26am | Report
yes its best to do it from the jungle and to make sure you plan it well in advance before using your horses of death because you can spend a whole 5 or 6 seconds charge and waste it by not hitting anything its one of the hardest spells to lane against early game as 1 blast can leave you at half health of less and good for getting some early kills to get money for those wards and always always buy a mek,pipe and euls scepter for your team also you can buy drums which will give good stats and a quickness aura for your team and never ever play carry kotl it just doesnt work and your team will hate you so remember ward the runes and the jungle keep your carry topped up with mana and use your mek in the middle of a team fight.

El Capitano

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved