Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help a LOL player to choose some heroes to try

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Help a LOL player to choose some heroes to try 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » February 1, 2014 4:52am | Report
My personal goal is 15 at 3 minutes, rather than x at 10 / 15 / 20 minutes. This is because you should be adapting to the game's state. Just because you are a hard carry does not mean you should be farming until these points. You should be getting as much cs as possible when you can, but there are a lot of games that you and your team will benefit from you staying and fighting with your team, especially when you are a mid game carry like Lifestealer or Alchemist that can fight relatively early on.

However, very early on (like the 3 min I mentioned) you should ALWAYS be farming, hence that early goal.

Btw, 15 in 3 mins is around 75% of the creeps at that time, so it may be hard to maintain.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by newdotaplayer » February 9, 2014 5:05am | Report
I hope it is ok to ask for recs here instead of making a new thread. I'm a new player too, been playing for a week.

So far I like death prophet(that ult lol), witch doctor(the q has a great sound effect haha), luna(this reminds me of the wc3 unit), axe(counter helix at early levels.....), sven(feels very tanky), venomancer(is there a limit to his wards? he's like dota teemo) and nature prophet(global teleport is so great). For lol, I absolutely love orianna(is there something like her in dota?), fiddlesticks, leona, tristana, I can't play the jumpy assassins like kha zix/le blanc/zed, I'm very very bad at those kind of heroes. What should I try next?

newdotaplayer

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » February 9, 2014 5:26am | Report
so, you like casters.you should try Zeus , Shadow Shaman, Lion.skillshot oriented(like orianna,you will love Earth Spirit,[Pheonix]]

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by newdotaplayer » February 10, 2014 7:09am | Report
Earth spirit is what I'm looking for. Thank you. :)

newdotaplayer

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved