Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hello, introduce me, please ^^

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Hello, introduce me, please ^^ 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 9, 2012 9:17am | Report
No, it's just some fancy items that make the hero look better/funnier/different :p. Like the League of legends skins.

The creeps are called creeps.

You can deny the creep when he's low HP by pressing the button A (Attack) and clicking your own low HP creep.

Nope, there's no red/blue buff or Smite skill. But there's Aegis of the Immortal which you can get if you kill Roshan (the 'Baron' of DotA 2). If you have Aegis of the Immortal and you die, you will be resurrected at the position where you died.

You can deny towers only if they are under 130 HP I believe? Anyway, it has to be really low just like the creeps to deny.

Hope this helps.

I also suggest watching this video, it explains you when to last hit, when to deny, etc.

Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Raidhyn » September 10, 2012 6:51pm | Report
Having come from LoL I certainly feel like DoTA 2 is the superior game.

If you switch over you'll have the hardest time adapting to the roster (100 heroes or so ATM) and the general pace and feel of the game which is a little different. There's more stuns and disables here, more interesting abilities and more synergies between heroes in my opinion. I'm still learning, but I'm certainly glad I came over.

If you want to buy into the game early you can pay 30 bucks after you've downloaded the client and purchase your invite along with about 40 dollars worth of items if you were to in-game purchase them all. I took this route. I've dropped 120+ hours into it in the last three weeks, so I certainly feel like I got my money's worth.

If you switch over feel free to hit me up some time, I'm more than willing to share what little I've learned so far =)

Raidhyn

Notable (4)
Steam: Raidhyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Max Carter » September 11, 2012 5:18pm | Report
Actually I hope I'll receive the beta-key, on my country (Brasil), the steam only sells DOTA 2 on the valve package, being it US$74,90... for me it's doubled: R$150,00 I know the package has a lot of other games, but I prefer to save this money for other things.

How about the FPS, comparing to LoL? Is DOTA 2 heavier?
Is it hard to receive the BETA-KEY?

Max Carter

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » September 11, 2012 5:19pm | Report
Quoted:

Actually I hope I'll receive the beta-key, on my country (Brasil), the steam only sells DOTA 2 on the valve package, being it US$74,90... for me it's doubled: R$150,00 I know the package has a lot of other games, but I prefer to save this money for other things.

How about the FPS, comparing to LoL? Is DOTA 2 heavier?
Is it hard to receive the BETA-KEY?

It's not hard to receive the beta key... It just takes time until you receive it.

Also, yeah, DotA 2 is 'heavier', it has way better graphics, effects, and such. You need an 'good' PC to play DotA 2 :p Else it'll go on 10-30 fps.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Max Carter » September 11, 2012 5:55pm | Report
LOL, bro, I play LoL on 10-30 FPS... so, no chance of playing DotA 2? '-'

Still aiming for a stronger notebook... IDK if you know, but my country have a little bit o extra taxes... making good notebooks/PC's cost A ****ING LOT :D

Do you know the new macbook PRO w/ retina display? US$ 5000,00 here, on the Apple store '-'

Max Carter

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Raidhyn » September 11, 2012 6:35pm | Report
If you can afford to keep your computer in one place look into getting a desktop. I don't know what ordering parts is like in Brazil but I know here it's always more bang for your buck if you go the desktop route.

Raidhyn

Notable (4)
Steam: Raidhyn
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved