Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Guys! I need a positioning help!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Guys! I need a positioning help! 14 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 19, 2014 12:32am | Report
Thank you very much, guys!

Especially you, Xyrus. Not just positioning, but you also helped with other factors.
+rep for your mustache, but not you. (o', how formats affected so)

I never quite good at farming. Is it bad that my 700 gpm Medusa is because of 2 peeps disconnecting?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » November 19, 2014 9:29am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Yeah, this would either be 6d or 7b. The only reason I didn't add heroes like this is because they're heavily dependent on your Team following through. Aside from Shadow Demon, they're all weak at Ganking, and won't have much impact when the guy you're babysitting has no clue about Positioning or Farming.

Hah ok, you listed Earth Spirit (the most horrifically position dependent hero in the game?) so I thought these guys were fair game :).

Unscathed wrote:

I never quite good at farming. Is it bad that my 700 gpm Medusa is because of 2 peeps disconnecting?

People sometimes look at GPM numbers without really considering. YES, you want to be able to post very high numbers when you have an advantageous situation, but people can get too hooked on the stats. Good carries tend to be great at recovery farming, even when they had a bad start. "Wrong" builds like Hand of Midas into Battle Fury Anti-Mage can post amazing numbers, but the opposition really shouldn't be letting them get away with it. Sometimes you'll spend all game getting ganked horribly as a hard carry, but if you do a good enough job of at least tying up the opposition, it may give space for the rest of your team to achieve something...

The rest of your team also has a big impact on GPM - if you've got 4 carries and everyone is competing for farm, forget it. If your supports stack camps for you and let you get kills however...
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 19, 2014 7:33pm | Report
Sando wrote:

People sometimes look at GPM numbers without really considering. YES, you want to be able to post very high numbers when you have an advantageous situation, but people can get too hooked on the stats. Good carries tend to be great at recovery farming, even when they had a bad start. "Wrong" builds like Hand of Midas into Battle Fury Anti-Mage can post amazing numbers, but the opposition really shouldn't be letting them get away with it. Sometimes you'll spend all game getting ganked horribly as a hard carry, but if you do a good enough job of at least tying up the opposition, it may give space for the rest of your team to achieve something...

The rest of your team also has a big impact on GPM - if you've got 4 carries and everyone is competing for farm, forget it. If your supports stack camps for you and let you get kills however...

Pretty much this ^ . It's actually more a case of Item timings than anything else, e.g. what was your 1st/2nd/3rd purchase and when did you buy it? Was there a cheaper more expensive Item you could have conceivably bought that would have given you a higher impact in the game? etc.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » November 19, 2014 8:24pm | Report
DotaBuff Plus

it lets you see item times in your games plus your per minute l/s for whole games.

i got all my Void games and put them side by side.

14 months ago my item times for my standard build was

4-6 min brown boots poormans shield
6-15 mins mask of madness
15-25 treads and maelstrom
25-45 crystalis hyperstone.

now

4 - 6 mins morbid brow poormans
6 - 15 mask of madness maelstrom and usually one component of crystalis
15 - 25 crystalis and mjollnir
25 - 45 daedalus and black king bar and mkb.

it honestly lets me see each and very game how far ive come in terms of how well i play ... to me its better then MMR

its shown me each months average KDA and XPM and GPM

from an average of 250 0.4 and 217

to

640 3.9 577 this month ... and people say i havent improved :D :D :D

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved