Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dota 2 noob4life

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Dota 2 noob4life 21 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WeZin » June 1, 2014 3:08am | Report
Ive been playing dota 2 for 109 Hours about 2-3 months and ive stayed noob.
I always have noob scores like 2/5/3 or 5/7/1...
It makes me mad...Im trying out new heroes but no sucsess...
Just FAIL FAIL and FAIL.
Dying constantly loosing games,cant play alot of heroes good only:Huskar,viper,night...
Help me to get out of noobness!!!
Im startin to hate dota 2 but im still playing trying and constanty failing.

<HELP> noob4life-noob2dota2

WeZin

Steam: WeZin13
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » June 1, 2014 3:29am | Report
uhuh

let me tell you something.
you are doing GREAT!
Seriously 2/5/3 or 5/7/1 is not the kind of scores you complain about.Sure they are not good, but they ain't bad either.Half of DoTA population is going 1/13/3 at 109 hours into the game.

considering your heroes, you like to gank. Pretty hard position if you ask me.Take my advice, play a roaming support like Crystal Maiden or Rubick.Add some of the veterans from this community (literally everybody will help you) and play some games with them.

Patience is the key.When ganking, you have to understand that they MIGHT have wards or you MIGHT be counter ganked or there MIGHT be a feeding russian Noob sniper in your game.Just deal with it.chillax. just leave the controls mid game. go eat some cake.drink some water. start playing again. as simple as that. try it sometimes

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » June 1, 2014 5:04am | Report
When I was first learning the game I concentrated on 1 hero. I think it can be a mistake to play too many different heroes too early. If you're not too familiar with all the game mechanics. It's just too much to learn. I would avoid mid heroes like the one's you've been playing. Everyone wants to play mid, every game it's pudge/invoker first picks. Avoid getting into those arguments.

Some of the best advice I ever got on here was to watch pro games. You will learn a lot.

p.s. I can relate to how you feel. I actually deleted the game after about 2 months. Got bored one day and decided to give it another chance.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WeZin » June 1, 2014 5:53am | Report
Well i dont do the instant pick,dont like to play mid or support.
And i do avoid mid.
I dont like to gank to much,like to play carry lich and lesharc...
But i dont like the scores that im having and i dont like that im the second worst player in the match besides a russian....

WeZin

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WeZin » June 1, 2014 5:55am | Report
Add me on steam to coach me and stuff WeZin13 or veljkoveljko2002
Serbia :D

WeZin

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hidoacker » June 1, 2014 6:55am | Report
Hello friend,

I think you should find the most suitable hero for you.

I like to play with Witch Doctor. Why? First of all, he has 4 active funny and strong skills. I think you will like to heal yourself and it can keep you and your teammates alive. He's first skill is my favourite stun skill at the game. I get many kills and many assists with it. All skills are perfect for me. I can suggest it.

Or you can be riki. If you can survive until level 6, you will get permenent invisiblity and if you attach behind the enemies with good timing you can carry your team. You can try him.

You can try these:
Riki, Sand king, Windranger, Dazzle, Lich, Abaddon, Keeper of Light, Witch Doctor

Your skores are not bad for a begginner. I think you get much better after you find your favourite hero

hidoacker

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » June 1, 2014 7:21am | Report
hidoacker wrote:

Hello friend,

I think you should find the most suitable hero for you.

I like to play with Witch Doctor. Why? First of all, he has 4 active funny and strong skills. I think you will like to heal yourself and it can keep you and your teammates alive. He's first skill is my favourite stun skill at the game. I get many kills and many assists with it. All skills are perfect for me. I can suggest it.

Or you can be riki. If you can survive until level 6, you will get permenent invisiblity and if you attach behind the enemies with good timing you can carry your team. You can try him.

You can try these:
Riki, Sand king, Windranger, Dazzle, Lich, Abaddon, Keeper of Light, Witch Doctor

Your skores are not bad for a begginner. I think you get much better after you find your favourite hero

Worst advice ever.

Do you really think that Witch Doctor is a beginner friendly hero? Paralyzing Cask is very hard to land to be actually succesful, heal is decent, but Maledict is also hard to put on heroes. Death Ward is a channeling ability, and you HAVE to know a lot about positioning and general Dota knowledge to not be interrupted. I would completely not recommend Witch Doctor.

Another one, Riki... Are you really trying to make him dislike Dota even more? When he will be revealed by some wise guys (it can happen even in low pub games), he will curse the sh&t out of you. Riki isn't beginner friendly, because he requires VERY good map awareness, inventory checking, heroes skillsets... Just don't pick Riki.

I would say, that generally Sven is rather easy. Probably Dragon Knight.

From supports I would recommend you Lich, Lion, Dazzle. Just read about each hero skills and play, play, play.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 1, 2014 7:57am | Report
Dazzle is hard.Definitely no-no.When I first started playing dota, I played Venomancer. Easy, straight forward skills, that don't require much game knowledge to use.And he has quite an impact on the game too!

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » June 1, 2014 8:02am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Dazzle is hard.Definitely no-no.When I first started playing dota, I played Venomancer. Easy, straight forward skills, that don't require much game knowledge to use.And he has quite an impact on the game too!

Dazzle hard? He has also straight-forward skills, but I think you are talking about Shallow Grave being a hard one, right? Simply put it on hero with low HP, that doesn't have to be an epic life-saver like in pro-matches.

But on Venomancer... I know, he is easy on paper, but he is very slow and squishy like hell. Maybe it's just me, as I am terrible with him and I always have like 10 deaths at least (even though I sometimes manage to win), but I wouldn't recommend him. I saw many times Plague Wards blocking people or pushing lanes just like auto-attacking creeps.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 1, 2014 8:07am | Report
Well that is what Venomancer is supposed to do.You get a Ring of Basilius, then you start spaming plague wards and push down T1.Getting a Drum of Endurance solves anything you might have a problem with.

And yes, Dazzle is hard because Shallow Grave is hard to use.I mean, your teammates will expect you to turn the tides with it, so you have to know when to use it, and how to use it.You don't want to waste it either by putting it on early, but you don't want to hold on to it a lot against insane burst.

Dazzle is a lot about feeling the game, not about knowing to play the hero.I mean, anyone can throw out a Poison Touch and Shadow Wave, but if you missuse Shallow Grave, your teammates ain't gonna be happy about it.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved