Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bristleback build doubts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Bristleback build doubts 12 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » December 3, 2013 8:46am | Report
Check out Yao's Bristleback build recently in the Sina Cup games. Stout + Branches -> Boots -> Wand -> Treads -> Mek -> BKB -> Sange/Heaven's Halberd.

I approve: I've always liked the stat emphasis + teamfight over the Arcane Boots + Pure Tankability build.

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JaboChepelski » December 5, 2013 1:07pm | Report
I enjoy Bristle quite a bit. I'd probably never go arcane on bristle tho. You're better off sticking with treads for the additional attack speed/ tread switching. You should always have at least one support on your team with arcane boots to help you out when spamming quills. When I play I tend to go something like this (ring of protection, salve, branches) as you can buy a stout shield at side shop as well as a sages mask to finish off your basi (which could be turned into a vlads if you want, the aura/life steal is pretty solid on bristle) I tend to go vlads about 50% of the time I play bristle and it's worked out well from the aura as well as helping your mana recovery. I always go treads on him and then typically into a vanguard. On bristle it's a great early game tank item as it gives you even better damage blocking and HP recovery. Hood is solid if you're going against a lot of magic damage, otherwise I could get by with skipping it and starting to work on some DPS items. The way I look at bristle is once you get him initially tanky, no need to start rushing more tank items if you could be dishing out better physical damage in the mid game. Getting a maelstrom is solid on bristle if you want to add a bit of magic damage/attack speed. Or if you want a good combo you can't go wrong with an AC as it gives you great armor, attack speed and the minus armor aura

JaboChepelski

Steam: [☭Comrade☭] JabØ Chepelsk

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved