Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anyone better than Sniper in hero killing? (For beginners)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Anyone better than Sniper in hero killing? (For beginners) 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Joms » January 23, 2013 1:45am | Report
Me and my friend just started playing dota2 from scratch. I chose windrunner and he chose sniper. He always gets to kill lots of heroes due to his long range and powerful ability.

I know that our skill is just the same as we play diff games and we always score similarly so its not really the skill.

In this regard Is there another hero like sniper that has a long range and a powerful shot for hero killing?

Thanks

Joms

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 23, 2013 2:12am | Report
You're problem is that Windrunner isn't a hard carry and Sniper is, but if your question is who has long range look at this: DoTA Attack Ranges

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Joms » January 23, 2013 2:56am | Report
Long range with a high damage 1shot ability like Sniper. Or is sniper the only hero like that?

Joms

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » January 23, 2013 3:42am | Report
Joms wrote:

Long range with a high damage 1shot ability like Sniper. Or is sniper the only hero like that?

Enchantress, the longer the range, the harder she hits.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » January 24, 2013 1:16pm | Report
Try Drow Ranger next time or Skeleton King(Drow if you want range, Skeleton if prefer melee). Both of which have carry potential and both are beginner friendly.
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » January 24, 2013 1:37pm | Report
Ursa, all u gotta do is get close and use his w and with fury swipes then they are deaad. Only problem is getting to the hero but he takes down heros really easy early and late game.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » January 25, 2013 6:15pm | Report
Zeus, high powered, low cd spells and the ability to killsteal your friend

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » January 25, 2013 8:19pm | Report
Well, no that he is out Troll Warlord all you need is a stun, run up to them in melee with his passive and ulti your attack speed will slice through anything.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Joms » January 26, 2013 8:44pm | Report
Thanks for the suggestions, ill check them out. If you hav more pls indicate them here

Joms

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » January 27, 2013 1:33am | Report
Viper. He has a huge slow, over time damage and also, the more you hit, the more damage you deal.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved